POLE DANCE

the pole is a dance in which the kajira will seemingly aroused intice the pole or *Master* with a sensual dance that involves touching and caressing Him (the pole) and in the end being given her release by rubbing her moist flesh agaisnt him. This dance cna be done using a variety of items to secure the kajira to the pole as is the main fashion of this dance such as a Master's belt or a long silk scarf a kajira may use nothing at all the bind herself to the pole as the emphasis is on the pole itself and the kajira's use of her body. The kajira turns and faces the pole...looking upon it as she would a handsome MAster...her eyes raking over Him with a fiery hunger...she trails her fingers over her naked belly and up along the sides of her breasts and then rolls her hands forward reaching toward the pole her hands twining and circling in a serpentine motion...beckoning to it as she would to the Master....begging him to take her in his strong arms and make passionate love to her.....

CHAIN DANCE

The chain dance is a dance where a kajira obtains a length of chain from a Master and uses it in a dance whowing her submission and acceptance of being a slave. The chain will be wrapped around her body and she will writhe and fight at first but will besuccumb by her desire and the fire within her belly and in the end she will rejoice at having the chain around her slave's heart. the kajira begins to writhe upon the floor taking one end of the chain tightly in her hands she pulls it up her body...gasping softly as the cool metal licks at her tender enflamed center....she brings the end of the chain to her lips and kisses it gently before entwining it around her neck loosely before rolling again...the remaining length of chain coiling around her and gently but firmly entrapping her slender form once more....the kajira raises herself to her knees and begins to sway gently to the music loosening the coils of chain....whimpering softly as she loses it's protective hold....she picks up the chain...looking at it with hungry pleading eyes and then as the music picks up speed and fills her again, she begins to spin....the chain coiling tightly around her and trapping her again...forcing her to her knees as it holds her in it's grasp...the kajira tosses back her head a serene smile on her face as she knows that these chains that bind her match the invisible chains that coil her heart and mark her as slave....the music ends and she raises her head.....her eyes loweres in her submission

WHIP DANCE

the whip dance is a dance that involves the participation of a Master who will crack a whip above the girl's head as she dances or in many instances where a girl will be allowed to use the whip and will crack it herself during her dance.....this dance is to show a girls' fear of being punished and also the desire that can often accompany those fears....the kajira takes the handle of the whip and kisses it lovingly with ruby lips before lifting her hand and jerking on the whip....sending the ends soaring with a loud ***C*R*A*C*K*** her body shudders as she hears the sound that she craves with a maddening desire....

SUBMISSION DANCE

this dance is a special dance a girl does for her true Master. Each dance will be different and unique, Here are two examples: (1) the kajira begins to tremble all over, softly moaning. she shows her desire for her Master this night...submitting herself to him fully with her eyes speaking the words of love as she reaches gently for her veils. kajira slowly takes hold of the veils and then places her forehead to the floor gently whispering softly, your slave submits to you Master, her heart- which beats only for you...her soul- which only sees her Master...her body- which has always been yours for the taking. (2) the kajira begins a rhythmic sway around the room...her hips moving in slow seductive circles...and her arms begin to twine in and around themselves as if to imitate live serpents...still she keeps her dark loashed eyes fixed on her one true Master...she moves in time witht he music her arms lowering slowly to trace over her firm sweat glistened body...her nails raking over her hard sensitive nipples then up along the contours of her neck, gathering up the long tentrils of her black raven hair and holding them for a slow seductively carnal turn about the room, before stopping in front og her Master....smoky blue eyes locked on his as she lets her raven tresses slip through her fingers, her hips swaying towards him beckoning his touch

the NEED DANCE

this dance usually consists of five phases..first phase of this dance beginning with a girls indifference to her situation. Second phase will show her fears and restlessness as her desires are becoming more apparent to herself and yet she still struggles against them. towards the end of this phase she will begin to have doubts in herself as to whether she is worthy enough to please the men about her and this will be made clear in her dance. Third phase shows her acceptance of her desires and her willingness to please the Master before her. the kajira will posture and present herself to the Masters with an almost *ladylike* charm and finesse. During this phase she is not yet taken by a Master even though she presents herself to them as a most willing slave and again she has questions about herself. Fourth phase *the HEAT of the collared she-sleen* in this phase the girl becomes wanton in her need and desire, writhing on the floor and opening herself wide for the Masters so they might see the visible evidence of her need to be used by them. Fifth and final stage of this dance...the girl continues to beg to be used, her actions show that she knows deep within her that she is a slabe and her only desire is to be pleasing. She will reach ourt to the Masters and beg them to touch her and make her a slave completely.

TILE DANCE

thi dance is done on red tiles before a Master. In this dance, a girl wishes to intice a Master to use her by touching her own body and gesturing to him that she is most willing to see to his every need and is done completely upon the tiles often while a girl lays upon her back or on her belly. the girl is usually attached to a slave ring below the Master's couch.. the kajira hears the soft sounds of a haunting melody in the background and her hips begin to move of their own volition...swaying in a purely carnal rhythum dark eyes locked on Him as slender fingers intertwine in long raven locks, pulling her head back, supple breasts thrusting forward, begging His touch...her soft laughter filling the room as she lets ehr hair slip through her fingers to pool on the colored tiles...she brings her head up as at the same time she slides her body onto the tiles...a cool feel of them mingling with the flames deep within her slaves belly making her purr softly...rounded hips pressing into the tiles, letitng her moist heat kiss the cool surface as she would her Master, a soft sigh of pleasure slipping past parted ruby lips

GOREAN SLAVE DANCE

this dance can be done in any style a girl chooses. It will begin with the girl seemingly a timid virginal creature standing uncertain in the middle of the room....her eyes are wide and she is usually nude. she will showin the beginning of the dance that she fights being caught by a Master and then she will show how her fight slowly leaves her as the Master subdues her and makes her his own. In the final stage of this dance, the girl will show her willing submission to her Master and her desire to please Him in anyway. Often a chain and collar are used by a Master to subdue the girl

THE DANCE OF SIX THONGS

in this dance, a girl has 6 leather thongs attached to her and she dances as a girl who is caught unwillingly. she will show her definace and anger until she is at last caught up by ther six Masters who hold her and presented to one Master who asked her if she is slave to which hse will say loud and strong..."yes I am slave!"...now, angrily, struggling, she fought to lift her hair again but the thongs, holding apart her hands, did not permit her to do so. she fought them...the thongs would permit her only to wear her hair loosely, then as though in terror and fury, as though she now first understood herself in the snares of a slave, she leaps to her feet, fighting...to the music, the thongs.

SERVING/SCARF (ribbon) DANCE

this dance is performed using ribbons or scarves as a form of enticement for the Master. the girl will in the serving dance offer to serve one Master in a very special way. she will then put on a costume of scarves or use a ribbon as well as a goblet which is used in this example to arouse herself and the Master falling to her knees and performing a heated serve of kalana for him. Just remember when performing a serving dance the main goal is to make the Master desire not only the drink but the girl, however a girls release in this dance is not necessarily obtained....the kajira walks slowly to the Master, kneels before Him and asks his permission to serve him a very special way tonight, she smiles softly and hurries out of the room to change into a multi colored costumes of scarves that hang from a silver chain belt aorund her waist...a halter top made of two more scarves is tied around her slender neck and her raven hair is piled high upon her head. she walks back into the room slowly, each step punctuated by the soft chiming of slave bells at her feet...she walks to the center of the sand pit, and stands holding a golden chalice above her head and turns her sparkling eyes to the Master
Dress of a Dancer

The dress of a Gorean Dancer varies with the tone and purpose of the dance itself. She can be clothed in anything from dancing silks and beads, to full costume to better portray the "phases" of the story the song might tell. Her general ornamentation is also selected to both enhance her beauty and to make her more simulating to the audience.
"The girl wore Gorean dancing silk. It hung low upon her bared hips, and fell to her ankles. It was scarlet, diaphanous. A front corner of the silk was taken behind her and thrust, loose and draped, into the rolled silk knotted about her hips; a back corner of the silk was drawn before her and thrust loosely, draped, into the rolled silk at her right hip. Low on her hips she wore a belt of small denomination, threaded, overlapping golden coins. A veil concealed her muchly from us, it thrust into the strap of the coined halter at her left shoulder, and into the coined belt at her right hip. On her arms she wore numerous armlets and bracelets. On the thumb and first finger of both her left and right hand were golden finger cymbals. On her throat was a collar."
- TRIBESMEN OF GOR, Pg. 8

"The girl was naked, save that she wore many strings of jewels and armlets. Too, she wore bracelets and anklets of gold, which had been locked upon her, and were belled. Her collar, too, was of gold, and belled. A single pearl, fastened in a setting like a droplet, on a tiny golden chain, was suspended at the center of her forehead."
- ROGUE OF GOR, Pg. 10 - 11

"I then gave my attention to the dancer, a sweetly hipped black girl in yellow beads."
- EXPLORERS OF GOR, Pg. 133

"I regarded the coins threaded, overlapping, on her belt and halter. They took the firelight beautifully. They glinted, but were of small worth. One dresses such a woman in cheap coins; she is slave."
- TRIBESMEN OF GOR, Pg. 8

"She wore a delicate vest and belt of chains and jewels, with shimmering metal droplets attached. And she wore ankle rings, and linked slave bracelets, again with shimmering droplets pendant upon them; and a locked collar, matching."
- RAIDERS OF GOR, Pg. 100

"I could hear the jewelry on me, the tiny sounds of the skirt. Bells, too, marked these movements. I was belled. These I had fastened, in three lines, they fastened on a single thong, about my left ankle. Men, I sensed, somehow, would relish an ornamented woman, perhaps even one who was shamefully belled."
- DANCER OF GOR, Pg. 25

"I heard bells coming, from down the corridor, from within. I was still on my knees. Sita hove into sight, returning to the floor. She paused, looking down at me, kneeling there, clutching the sheet about me, frightened. She was naked, except for her collar, and some beads, colorful, cheap wooden beads, slave beads, and her bells, on her left ankle."
- DANCER OF GOR, Pg. 172

"I noted, too, that, clad in yellow silk, belled on the left ankle, as another paga girl, the dancer, carried a vessel of paga about."
- HUNTERS OF GOR, Pg. 62

"She stood before me in the diaphanous, scarlet dancing silks of Gor. She had rouged her lips. My head swam at the sudden intoxicating scent of a wild perfume. Her olive ankles bore dancing bangles with tiny bells. Attached to the thumb and index finger of each hand were tiny finger cymbals. She bent her knees ever so slightly and raised her arms gracefully above her head. There was a sudden bright clash of the finger cymbals, and to the music of the nearby tent, Talena, daughter of the Ubar of Ar, began to dance for me."
- TARNSMEN OF GOR, Pg. 134

"She danced before me for several minutes, her scarlet dancing silks flashing in the firelight, her bare feet, with their belled ankles, striking softly on the carpet."
- TARNSMEN OF GOR, Pg. 135

"The figure of the woman, swathed in black, heavily veiled, descended the steps of the slave wagon. Once at the foot of the stairs she stopped and stood for a long moment. Then the musicians began, the hand-drums first, a rhythm of heartbeat and flight."
- NOMADS OF GOR, Pg. 159

"She wore five pieces of metal, her collar and locked rings on her wrists and ankles. Slave bells were attached to the collar and the rings."
- ASSASSIN OF GOR, Pg. 228

"I felt metal anklets being thrust on my ankles by Tupita and Sita, They put several on each ankle. They then, similarly, placed narrow bracelets on both my wrists, several on each wrist. A long belt of cord, to which were attached numerous metal disks, suspended and shimmering, was then looped twice about me, the first loop secured high, and tight, at my waist, and the second loop, a larger loop, a framing loop, was secured in such a way, in the back, that it would hang quite low on my belly, well below my navel. The purpose of this belt was to call attention to, and enhance, by sound and sight, the movements of the hips and abdomen. With the slave beads I already wore I felt inutterably displayed, and barbaric. I could not move now without the sounds of the beads, the anklets and bracelets, the shimmering belt with its two loops."
- DANCER OF GOR, PG 190 - 191

"I teased them, dancing close to them, swaying, my belly alive for them, with the jangling metal pieces, the anklets clashing on my ankles, the bracelets sliding and ringing on my wrists, and then, as they attempted to seize me, drew back. backing away, or whirled, with a swirl of beads, away from them."
- DANCER OF GOR, PG 193

"The proprietor of the tavern took the red-haired dancing girl by the arm, she crying out, and thrust her in her costume, ten slender silver chains, five before and five behind, depending from her collar, from the sand."
- ROGUE OF GOR, Pg. 57

"She wore a golden metal dancing collar about her throat, golden chains looped from her wrists, gracefully to the collar ring, then fell to her ankles; there are varieties of Tahari dancing chains; she wore the oval and collar; briefly, in readying a girl, after she has been belled and silked, and bangled, and has been made up, and touched with slave perfume, she kneels, head down in a large oval of light gleaming chain, extending her wrists before her; fastened at the sides of the top of the oval are two wrist rings, at the sides of the lower loop of the oval two ankle rings; the oval is then pulled inward and the wrist and ankle rings fastened on the slave; her throat is then locked in the dancing collar, which has, under the chin, an open snap ring; with the left hand the oval is then gathered together, so the two strands of chain lie in the palm of the left hand, whence, lifted, they are placed inside the snap ring, which is then snapped shut, and locked; the two strands of chain flow freely in the snap ring; accordingly, though the girl's wrists and ankles are fastened at generous, though inflexible limits from one another, usually about a yard for the wrists and about eighteen inches for the ankles, much of the chain may be played through, and back through, the collar ring; this permits a skillful girl a great deal of beautiful chain work; the oval and collar are traditional in the Tahari; it enhances a girl's beauty; it interferes little with her dance, though it imposes subtle, sensuous limits upon it; a good dancer uses these limits, exploiting them deliciously; for example, she may extend a wrist, subtly holding the chain at her waist with her other hand; the chain slides through the ring, yet short of the expected movement; the chain stops her wrist; her wrist rebels, but is helpless; it must yield; her head falls; she is a chained slave girl."
- TRIBESMEN OF GOR, Pg. 215
Being a Kajira
"Being a slave is a whole way of life, involving a total modality
of existence. There is a great deal more to it that simply serving
a master in the furs." Players of Gor, Pg. 380
Contents
Kajirae • Slave "Fashions" • Norman’s Gor vs. Earth
There are four books in the Gor series which are told from the viewpoint of the kajira: Captive, Slave Girl, Dancer, and Kajira. Dancer of Gor goes into great detail about the training a girl might receive to become a perfect slave. (It also has a sympathetic heroine; the other three have rather whiny, obnoxious girls telling their stories.) For a better look at the lot of the slave girl, please read those books.
Kajirae
There are many types of kajirae in the Gor novels, from the handmaidens of freewomen to the lowest beggar-girls, and everything in between. (What a slave wears is the whim of the girl’s owner. Some colors are "traditional," however.)
• Muls are the slaves (male and female) kept by the Priest Kings to maintain the Nest. Typically, they wear purple tunics. Purple is the color of an Ubar: they wear it because it is a great honor to be the slave of Priest-Kings. (Note: there have been some changes since the Nest War.)
• Tower slaves are slaves of high positions in a household. An historical analogy to the tower slave would be a chatelaine. (Of course, being slaves, they are still available for any use the master sees fit.)
• Handmaidens are the slaves of freewomen. They are usually dressed very conservatively, as many freewomen hold the passions of pleasure slaves in great contempt.
• Exotics are bred slaves whose characteristics have been carefully chosen by their breeders. The animal husbandry of Earth is how we would see this, or possibly: "eugenics." Passion slaves are exotics who are bred for passionate response.
• Pleasure slaves are usually dressed in red silk to indicate their availability for use. They are trained in the arts of love, and are typically very passionate and needy slaves.
• Luck girls are slaves kept as mascots onboard ships, usually reserved for the captain’s use, though she may be shared. Free women, as on Earth, are thought to be bad luck on ships.
• Paga slaves are girls who work in paga taverns, whose use is bought with a bowl of paga. They usually wear yellow silks.
• Kettle-and-Mat girls are menial slaves who are also pressed into sexual service when it is demanded of them. They commonly wear rags of rep cloth. (When referred to as "pot girl," it is rather an insult.)
• Coin girls wear a coin box and bell around their neck, and wander the streets inviting their use of the men on the street. An Earth analogy is that of "streetwalker." If the girl’s use is not paid for, then the girl is punished for not collecting and returning the coin to her master.
• Beggar slaves are the most pitiful of all. They are typically slaves who tried to run away and were hamstrung as punishment. Since they cannot walk (only drag themselves by their hands), they sit and beg for coins on the street, returning what they "earn" to their masters.
In Torvaldsland, slaves are called bond-maids; a "girl whose belly lies under the sword." Men of Torvaldsland often disparagingly refer to southern slaves as "silk girls." Because of the harsh environment of Torvaldsland, those girls are often tougher and more confident than their southern sisters. A pierced-ear girl is a slave whose ears have been pierced, marking her flesh by barbarically thrusting metal through them. Earrings are regarded as incredibly sensual to Gorean men. Girls who have had their ears pierced often despair at this: it means that they will never be freed. Interestingly, women, free and slave, of the Wagon People commonly have their noses pierced. This is regarded as a cosmetic enhancement, rather than a mark of slavery. Barbarians are people from Earth, however, it is often used as an insult regarding the slave girls from Earth. (The original meaning of "Barbarian" is literally someone who cannot speak the person’s language, usually Gorean.) Barbarian girls are gathered on Voyages of Acquisition (supervised by the Priest Kings) and also by the Kur, who keep humans as slaves as well as "cattle" for food. Occasionally, a barbarian may be referred to as a "natural slave." This is a slave who may need training to refine her nature, but in whose heart is already a slave.
Slave "Fashions"
As mentioned before, what a slave wears is completely up to her master. However, as with the colors of the silks they may be permitted, there are traditional ways to clothe a girl, according to the area in which she is owned. Because there are so many cultures on Gor (many directly analogous to Earth cultures), there are also many "traditional" slave garments.
• A camisk is basically a poncho, about 18" wide, with a hole for the head, and belted at the waist with binding fiber (hemp or leather cord, long enough to encircle the girl’s waist 2 or 3 times). It is commonly constructed of rep-cloth, which is similar to cotton.
• The Turian camisk is a bit more complicated. It’s basically an inverted "T", fastening behind the girl’s neck, passing through her legs, and the cross of the "T" wrapping around the hips, and held in place with a single cord.
• The chatka and curla are two pieces worn together by the slaves of the Wagon Peoples. The chatka is a piece of leather about 6 inches wide and about 5 feet long. It is worn as a breech clout, held in place by the curla, a red waist cord.
• A kalmak is a black leather vest worn by the kajirae of the Wagon Peoples.
• The koora is another item worn by the Wagon Peoples’ slave girls. It is a red head band. A person wearing all four (the chatka and curla, the kalmak, and the koora) is said to be "clad kajir."
• Pleasure silks are sheer and clinging. A "disrobing loop" on the left shoulder aids in their removal.
• A slave veil is a deliberate mockery of the veils worn by freewomen of Gor. It is a small, triangular bit of silk that covers the lower half of the face. Because of its transparency, however, it conceals nothing.
• Ta-Teera, or "slave rag," is a short, sleeveless, one-piece garment. Usually given to low slaves, or very "hot" slaves, because of its revealing nature.
Slaves might also be given accessories at the whim of her master. These accessories are worn and kept only so long as he is inclined to let her. Bina is the Gorean term for cheap, colorful slave necklaces, literally meaning "slave beads." They are usually made of brightly colored wooden beads, but may also have glass beads or natural materials found in the region where the girl is owned. "Bina" is sometimes used to name a slave. Kajirae may also be furnished with cosmetics and perfumes. These perfumes are never worn by freewomen; they are heavy and sensual in their nature, and very suggestive. Slave bells may be threaded on chains or leather thongs, locked or tied around ankles or wrists, or tied to a collar. A girl wearing them is easy to locate, and sounds very sexy when she moves. For all its harshness, Gor is a very sensual place, and Gorean men are somewhat hedonistic.

Norman’s Gor vs. Earth
"Surely her intimate, desperate needs for attention, for affection and love were better concealed even from herself, if possible, and certainly, at least, from others! And if they must beg, the helpless sluts, did they not know how a woman begs, by looks, by glances, by small, hopeful services. Surely a woman should not be expected to speak honestly in such matters. What brute would force her to such extremities? Too, how vulnerable a woman would make herself, placing herself so at the mercy of men, subject to being spurned, subject to his scorn and rejection. Yet how simple, how straightforward and liberating might be such a confession. How beautiful it might be to so express one’s vulnerability, and femininity, so tenderly, so piteously, so openly. To be sure, one would expect such a confession only from a woman whose needs were both desperate and deep, a woman who has needs such as might characterize slaves."
Kajira of Gor, Pg. 140
In the above passage, the former Tiffany Collins or Earth contemplates what is female and feminine in the slaves she’s observed. As she watches the training of kajirae, her thoughts evolve from disgust to something nearing envy. Indeed, wouldn’t it be a wonderful thing if women today, now, here, could be soft and feminine without being disparaged and reviled? This is an idea Norman presents over and over. Women are soft, and need men to be hard. Women cannot be true women if men will not be true men.
It’s also stated numerous times in the books, that there are two types of women: slaves, and slaves. Even freewomen, deep within their bellies, are slaves. Whether this is actually Norman’s belief, or merely a construct of the world he has created, I do not know. After having read his nonfiction title, Imaginative Sex, I am inclined to argue that he really believes that women are by their very natures, submissive. (It is a question I would love to ask the man himself. That, and a number of other things!) This idea of innate submissiveness is not one to which I subscribe. I believe that there are some (perhaps many) women who are truly submissive. I must believe that, for I am one, myself. I have also met women who are not submissive. Norman might argue that those women merely wait for the right master. It is a difficult position to argue, that all women are not submissive, in the face of that rebuttal. "She has not yet met her master."
"I understood then what true womanhood was. It was not the
denial and frustration of femininity, but the full surrender to it, being
true to, and honest to, my deepest nature and needs. Femininity
was not incompatible to womanhood. It was its expression."
Kajira of Gor, Pg. 175

So, you have chosen to become a sub, or slave, otherwise known as a kajira/kajirus on Gor. This page will assist you, helping you to become a better slave, and give you advise on protocols such as serving, punishments and the like.
The life on Gor that you are placed in leaves you with no control. You are owned and do as you are told or face the consequences. Bring enough dishonour in your actions, and you will find yourself dead. Masters/Mistress will not put up with a disobediant slave for long, so you must ensure that you please and honour the Masters and Mistresses that you serve.
Slaves own nothing. Slaves cannot hold weapons nor any item of value. But slaves can, to an extent, have fun on Gor. Slaves do have names, and these names (nicks) on IRC must be lower case ONLY. There are no exceptions to this rule, and the ONLY time that there might be a capital letter in your nick is when you have been collared. More about that later.
Here is some more information about slaves and their life on Gor.
Clothing.
Slaves wear silks. Nothing more, and quite a bit less at times. Slaves also wear camisks if their Master/Mistress wishes them to do so. Slaves might be ordered to wear nothing at all, and they must imply their state of dress in everything that they do upon channel.
There are two main colours of silks, white and red.
White Silk slaves are for the pleasure of their Master/Mistress only. These slaves have been given rules to follow by their owner, and will follow these to the letter, or face the consequences. A dishonoured Master/Mistress is likely to disipline with the whip first, a more severe method of punishement at the Master/Mistresses disgression, or even death.
Generally speaking, White Silk slaves may serve other Masters and Mistresses on channel with food and drink, and other things at their owners disgression. Sexual favours are to be only savoured by their owner.
Red Silk slaves are known as pleasure slaves. They may service others sexually, as long as it stays within their owners wishes. Some Red Silk slaves may not be allowed to serve food and drink. Again, if a Red Silk slave brings dishonour to their owner in any respect, they can at LEAST expect a whipping.
Masters and Mistresses cannot "see" a slave on channel, so if you serve one that you have not met before, you should mention your silk colour in your service to them.
Collars
When you first come to Gor, you have no collar. Collars are a mechanism on Gor that communicates the fact that you are owned by a Master or Mistress. Collars are included within your nick on IRC, and will look something like the following...
kajira{Master}
Where kajira is your name and Master in the curly brackets {} is the name of your owner, ALWAYS having the initial CAPITALISED. You will learn more about collars as you spend more time on Gor.
One of the first collars you might wear on Gor is the Tavern/Channel collar. These collars afford protection whilst you are new to Gor, and learning, and give you some protection against rogue Masters/Mistresses who might takes you and collar you for their own. Many a slave has been unhappy at this situation, so you should speak with the Masters that have OPERATOR status (and @ in front of their name) as to gaining such a collar. Other slaves on the channel will assist you in your training, and the methodology of Gor, and point you in the right direction if you are not sure.
Tavern/channel slaves wear collars that look like this...
kajira{KIw}
The above example shows the name of the slave (kajira) and within the curly brackets (the collar itself) are the Inn/channel and colour of silks. In this example, the Inn/Channel is KaiilaInn, and the colour of the silks she wears are white. When you are given a collar, you will be told exactly how you should make your nick look.
Once you wear a collar, only your owner can remove it. Sometimes, removal includes the death of the slave. Other times, the owner might be compelled to release you to Free status. If a Master/Mistress does release a slave, it does not always follow that the slave becomes free. If the slave has been BRANDED as a slave with the kef (k, which is used as ONE of the many brands around), that slave may never be free, save by being killed and coming back as another.
Re-Incarnation
Slaves are killed quite often on Gor. It may be because the slave has dishonoured her Master/Mistress in some way. On the other hand, it may be that it pleases that Master/Mistress to kill the slave at that time. Slaves that have been killed may come back as another in the following way...
Channels
There may be times when you come to a channel/Inn/Tavern that uses different rules to what you are about to read, but in general, this is how you should conduct yourself on channel.
Entry
When you join the channel, you should ALWAYS ask permission to ENTER. You would do so in the following way...
/me kneels at the door, and asks permission to enter
That is the command to type. Some channels allow macros' to be used, which allow you to press a couple of keys, and the command is sent to channel for you. Others do not, and require you to type all of your messages manually all of the time.
If the channel requires no permission to enter, you may walk in, and kneel somewhere in the channel. Normally it is near the fire upon the furs. If you have an owner, you would be told how to ask permission to enter (when required) and where to place yourself (Example : /me kneels at her/his Masters/Mistresses chair upon the furs on the floor). You will be advised how to ask entry one way or another. Ignore this at your peril.
Gorean slave women are called "kajira" or "sa'fora" (daughter of the chain). These are mainly women, who according to Gorean philosophy, are considered submissive by nature and their mission is to please the master. Men are otherwise dominant and have absolute power over a woman.

Brand and collar

As a part of whole philosophy, Gorean slave woman will undergo certain ritual, which means she should be branded and collared. A brand is a sign that is burned to her flesh and by this act she will realize her slavery. One of the most common brand marks is "kef" letter that is usually placed on the outer left thigh. This is not merely a physical act to mark the ownership of the master but the ritual that has deep psychological meaning. The collar is put to kajira to indicate her master.

Sexual service

Gorean slave is always available to servitude the master for sexual purpose, but the concept doesn't imply forced sexual act or sadism. Kajira comes in touch with her femininity by the means of slavery. However, that doesn't mean sexual inhibition, as her natural need for submissive urges her to find gratification from being used.

Kajira etiquette

Gorean slave woman won't call herself in the first person and her name will be written with the lowercase letters. She will always ask for permission and beg forgiveness in case she makes a mistake. There is no room for any arguments from Gorean slave side.

Though Kajira is expected to serve for sexual use, the Master will usually demand other skills, like keeping the household, being able to communicate intelligently, play musical instrument, dance, sing, dress in a manner so that to appeal to master's tastes.

Kajira is supposed to wear specific outfit to give her Master's aesthetic pleasure. One can identify Kajira by such things as piercing of the ear, or the chains worn in certain arrangement, slave bells, slave rag or bina beads(wooden or glass jewelry). All these accessories and dress are not owned by Kajira and can be taken away. Very often she will wear nothing at all so that she is always available to her master. But if master wants to see his slave looking more interesting he can order her to dress in certain way.

Kajira has absolutely no rights: she can be sold, her name can be changed, she can be starved or punished and her servitude is the only meaning of her life. If any inappropriate emotions arise, they should be subdued to perfect the slavery.

So you think you want to become a Gorean slave? You think you have what it takes? Many think they can be a kajira, but in reality, they don't have a clue. Gor is hard, unfair, demeaning, and goes against what we, as human females, were brought up to believe.
Then again, Gor can be wonderful. It can bring a sense of freedom to a kajira, let her very soul take flight with exquisite pleasure. It can seep into your soul, without you even knowing it.
If you are here so that some big, strong MAN can overwhelm you and give you the cyber-sex you've always dreamed of, you're in the wrong place. There are thousands of BDSM and "pick-up" rooms for that.
There is a lot to learn about being kajira (Gorean slave), and only the truly serious will take the time to learn it well. It's not something you will learn overnight and in reality, a good kajira will continue to learn all the time.
First off, the mindset of a kajira is critical. A girl must want to serve others with all her heart, not just serve one person, and not just serve sexually. A kajira must achieve total effacement of self, an abnegation of one's own desires, and the turning-outward of one's energies toward others.
A kajira, secondly, shows herself and her beauty off in everything she does. You will utilize every action, from entering a channel to approaching a Master, to bring pleasure to the Free with your unique loveliness and style.
On the other hand, Gor is about the Free, not the slaves - how long can you sit in a channel, unnoticed, not called upon, without fidgeting, without adding a little comment here and there to get yourself noticed? Which is not to say that kajirae should not enter into conversations; but they do need the self-control to be still when the time is appropriate. As Will Rogers put it, Never miss a good chance to shut up.
Then there is Gorean factual knowledge, gleaned from the Scrolls, John Norman's 26 books of the Chronicles of Counter Earth. From animals to foods, from drinks to positions, each bit is important knowledge for an on-line kajira. Granted, as a kajira you might never be asked about what kinds of flowers are in Gor, but if you are, you'll be able to answer with a correct answer.
Being a kajira is not to be taken lightly. It takes a lot of hard work, and determination. As a kajira, you need to have a deep craving and inner desire to serve. As Gorean slaves we wish to be perfect, but you need to understand that no matter how hard you try to please the all Free, you'll never be able to.
Be yourself when in Gor; embellishment of one's image is normal, but complete falsification of who you are as a person only leads to hurt and anger. There will be times (because yes, we are human, even if in Gorean law we are considered livestock) that in your mind you'll want to lash out and blurt out words that as time goes on, will surely come to mind. But if you really want to be a kajira, you won't say them. You'll bite back the rudeness, the feeling of "how dare they say this or that". Many kajira say they have black and blue tongues, but they learn what to speak about, and what not to speak about.
The Free will often encourage you to speak openly, but acting the brat is only going to get your ass kicked right out of the door. And it will gain little, if any, help from the girls who've been just where you are now, alone, scared and wondering what they got themselves into.
The biggest thing to remember though is, you are on Gor to have fun, to grow, and to enjoy yourself and others. There will be changes within you as you let your inner slave-self fly free, as you fulfil yourself as a woman in this unique, supra-womanly way. Note, however: if it ever stops being fun, that's when to turn off the computer, and take a long hard look at where you are.

Views: 38

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Important (read & understand)

How to Contact us:Preferred Contact point

Email and Instant Messenger:

TravelerinBDFSM @ aol/aim;  hotmail; identi.ca; live & yahoo

OR

Travelingraggyman @ gmail and icq ***

Find us on Google+

Please vote for Our Site. You can vote once a day. Thank you for your support. just click on the badge below
Photobucket

OUR MOST RECENT  AWARD

1AWARD UPDATES & INFORMATION
10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award
100 votes - Copper Award

Member of the Associated  Posting System {APS}

This allows members on various sites to share information between sites and by providing a by line with the original source it credits the author with the creation.

Legal Disclaimer

***************We here at Traveling within the World are not responsible for anything posted by individual members. While the actions of one member do not reflect the intentions of the entire social network or the Network Creator, we do ask that you use good judgment when posting. If something is considered to be inappropriate it will be removed

This site is strictly an artist operational fan publication, no copyright infringement intended

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries had its humble beginnings as an idea of a few artisans and craftsmen who enjoy performing with live steel fighting. As well as a patchwork quilt tent canvas. Most had prior military experience hence the name.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries.

Vendertainers that brought many things to a show and are know for helping out where ever they can.

As well as being a place where the older hand made items could be found made by them and enjoyed by all.

We expanded over the years to become well known at what we do. Now we represent over 100 artisans and craftsman that are well known in their venues and some just starting out. Some of their works have been premiered in TV, stage and movies on a regular basis.

Specializing in Medieval, Goth , Stage Film, BDFSM and Practitioner.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries a Dept of, Ask For IT was started by artists and former military veterans, and sword fighters, representing over 100 artisans, one who made his living traveling from fair to festival vending medieval wares. The majority of his customers are re-enactors, SCAdians and the like, looking to build their kit with period clothing, feast gear, adornments, etc.

Likewise, it is typical for these history-lovers to peruse the tent (aka mobile store front) and, upon finding something that pleases the eye, ask "Is this period?"

A deceitful query!! This is not a yes or no question. One must have a damn good understanding of European history (at least) from the fall of Rome to the mid-1600's to properly answer. Taking into account, also, the culture in which the querent is dressed is vitally important. You see, though it may be well within medieval period, it would be strange to see a Viking wearing a Caftan...or is it?

After a festival's time of answering weighty questions such as these, I'd sleep like a log! Only a mad man could possibly remember the place and time for each piece of kitchen ware, weaponry, cloth, and chain within a span of 1,000 years!! Surely there must be an easier way, a place where he could post all this knowledge...

Traveling Within The World is meant to be such a place. A place for all of these artists to keep in touch and directly interact with their fellow geeks and re-enactment hobbyists, their clientele.

© 2024   Created by Rev. Allen M. Drago ~ Traveler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service