"I had little doubt that it would be the Tahari brand which, white hot, would be pressed into the thigh of the new slave, marking her thenceforth as merchandise. The contact surface of the iron would be formed into the Taharic character "Kef," which, in Taharic, is the initial letter of the expression "Kajira," the most common expression in Gorean for a female slave.
Taharic is a very graceful script. It makes no distinction between capital and small letters, and little distinction between printed and cursive script. Anyone who can printed Taharic will have no difficulty in following cursive Taharic. The men of the Tahari are content to form their letters carefully and beautifully, being fond of them. To scribble Taharic is generally regarded not as proving oneself an efficient fellow, but something of a boor, insensible to beauty. The initial printed letter of "Kajira," rather than the cursive letter, as generally, is used as the common brand for women in the Tahari. Both the cursive letter in common Gorean and the printed letter in Taharic are rather lovely, both being somewhat floral in appearance." (Tribesmen of Gor, chapter 9)
• Penalty Brands. "'a girl may be branded as punishment, and to warn others against her.' I looked at her, puzzled. 'Penalty brands,' she said. 'They are tiny, but clearly visible. There are various such brands. There is one for lying and another for stealing.'" (Captive of Gor, page 277)
• Smallpox Vaccination. Goreans wonder at this "brand" but those who are more recently from Earth know it merely as a mark of Earth-origin and its use as vaccination against an Earth disease. "vaccination mark (revealing the exquisite dancer to be a girl from Earth)." (Magicians of Gor, page 56)

A slave girl's brand is forever inescapable and irrefutable proof of her status; this gives it a strong psychological effect.
"I lightly, with my fingertips touched my brand. I winced. I would not touch it, for a few days, for I wished its delicacy to heal perfectly. I wanted the brand to be perfect. No girl is so without vanity that she does not want her brand to be perfect. Even lipstick and eyeshadow, which a girl may wash off and reapply, a girl wishes to be perfect; how much more so then the brand, which is always worn! The girl wishes a brand of which she can be proud. A good brand adds to a girl's sense of confidence, of comfort and security. Often, a girl's raiment is limited to brand and collar. Accordingly the brand is of considerable importance to her. Also, it is no secret on Gor that a small and beautiful brand, well-placed, considerably enhances a girl's beauty. I tried to resent the brand, but I could not do so. It was too beautiful, and now, too, it was too much a part of me. I kissed my fingertips and, gently, pressed them to the petals of the slave flower which my master, yesterday evening, with a hot iron, against my will, had caused to blossom upon my thigh. I lay there in the fresh dawn. On Earth it seemed to me that I had been a true slave; and that, on this world, though I wore a brand, I was for the first time in my life truly free. On Earth invisible chains had kept me cruelly apart from myself and my feelings; conditionings and derisions had put walls between me and my heart and emotions; I had been tight, the miserable victim of bonds of my own acceptance; now, for the first time in my life, though I might wear chains, in my heart, my feelings and emotions, I was truly free, truly liberated; I lay there, happy." (Slave Girl of Gor, pages 72-73)
A woman becomes a slave. Her slavery must be made known to her on more than a intellectual level. So along with the branding, when she gains a new owner three other steps seem almost without fail to follow. First she is placed in her new ko`lar so that her owner is clearly identified to the world. Second, she submits to her new owner, often her wrists are bound and thus transitions to the third phase of an ownership ritual. A new slave is customarily stricken with the Gorean slave whip so she knows not to doubt her new owner's power over her; a mild beating is common when only taming her to the new collar rather than punishing her.
"'Three things will now be done to you, matter of factly, and in order,' he said. I looked at him, puzzled. 'Down on all fours,' he said, 'and crawl here, head down, to the foot of the chair.' I did so and there, unceremoniously, he crouching down, behind me and to my left, I was collared. He was not gentle with me. 'Kneel back on your heels," he said, 'and extend your arms, wrists crossed.' I looked at him, starled, protestingly, as my wrists, with one end of a long leather strap, were lashed together. 'Stand up,' he said. I was pulled to a position at the side of the room. The long end of the strap was tossed up, through a ring fixed in a beam, and then put through another ring. Drusus Rencius then drew on the strap and my bound wrists were drawn up, above my head. He then looped and knotted the long end of the strap about a hook, on the side. I then stood there, at the side of the room, naked, in the collar, my hands bound together, held over my head... This was clearly a whipping position." (Kajira of Gor, page 432-433)
As yet, in the books I have seen only one example of a ceremony surrounding the placing of a collar; here is the collaring ceremony of Rask of Treve excerpted from the seventh Gorean novel:
"I knelt, naked, on the scarlet rug in the tent of the women. I had been washed, and my hair had been combed. The slave girl replaced the glass stopper in a small, ornate bottle of Torian scent. 'I shall touch you again,' she said, 'twice, before you are led forth.'
Another girl, one of the four near me, besides Ena, again knelt behind me and again began to pass the narrow, purple horn comb through my hair.
'You know your part in the ceremony?' asked Ena, not for the first time.
I nodded my head.
'Stand,' said Ena.
I did so.
I gasped as they brought forth a long, exquisite garment, hooded, of shimmering scarlet silk.
Behind me, swiftly, one of the girls wound my hair into a single braid and then, coiling it, fastened it at the back of my head with four pins. The pins would be undone by Rask of Treve.
The garment was placed upon me. The hood fell at my back. The garment was sleeveless.
'Place your hands behind your back and cross your wrists,' said Ena.
She had, in her hand, an eighteen-inch strip of purple binding fiber, about half an inch in width, flat, set with jewels.
I felt my wrists lashed behind my back.
Ena then gestured to the girl with the small, ornate bottle. The girl removed the stopper and, quickly, again, touched me with the scent, behind each ear, a tiny drop on her finger. I smelled the heady perfume. My heart was beating rapidly.
Then Ena again approached me. This time she carried, coiled in her hand, some seven or eight feet of slender coarse rope, simple camp rope. She knotted one end of this about my neck, tightly enough that I felt the knot. My wrists would be bound by jeweled binding fiber but I would be led forth on a simple camp rope.
Ena drew the hood up from my back and over my head.
I was led through the camp, and, here and there, some men and slave girls followed me.
I came to a clearing, before the tent of Rask of Treve. He was waiting there. On my tether I was led before him. I looked at him, frightened.
We stood facing one another, I about five feet from him.
'Remove her tether,' he said.
Ena, who had accompanied me, unknotted the rope, and handed it to one of the girls.
'Remove her bonds,' said Rask of Treve.
In his belt I saw that he had thrust an eighteen-inch strip of binding fiber. It was not jeweled. It was about three quarters of an inch in thickness; it was flat, supple leather, plain and brown, of the sort commonly used by tarnsmen for binding female prisoners.
Ena untied my wrists.
Rask and I regarded one another.
He approached me.
With one hand he brushed back my hood, revealing my head and hair. I stood very straight.
Carefully, one by one, he removed the four pins, handing them to one of the girls at the side.
My hair fell about my shoulders, and he smoothed it over my back.
One of the girls, she with the purple horn comb, combed the hair, arranging it.
Rask of Treve now stood some ten feet from me. He regarded me.
'Remove her garment,' he said.
Ena and one of the girls from the tent parted the garment and let it fall about my ankles.
'Step before me naked,' said Rask of Treve.
I did so.
We faced one another, not speaking, he with his blade, and in his leather, I with nothing, stripped at his command.
'Submit,' he said.
I could not disobey him.
I fell to my knees before him, resting back on my heels, extending my arms to him, wrists crossed, as though for binding, my head lowered between my arms.
I spoke in a clear voice. 'I, Miss Elinor Brinton, of New York City, to the Warrior, Rask, of the High City of Treve, herewith submit myself as a slave girl. At his hands I accept my life and my name, declaring myself his to do with as he pleases.'
Suddenly I felt my wrists lashed swiftly, rudely, together. I drew back my wrists in fear. They were already bound! They were bound with incredible tightness. I had been bound by a tarnsman.
I looked up in fear. I saw him take an object from a warrior at his side. It was an opened, steel slave collar.
He held it before me.
'Read the collar,' said Rask of Treve.
'I cannot,' I whispered. 'I cannot read.'
'She is illiterate,' said Ena.
'Ignorant barbarian!' I heard more than one girl laugh.
I felt so ashamed. I regarded the engraving on the collar, tiny, in neat, cursive script. I could not read it.
'Read it to her,' said Rask of Treve to Ena.
'It says,' said Ena, 'I am the property of Rask of Treve.'
I said nothing.
'Do you understand?' asked Ena.
'Yes,' I said. 'Yes!'
Now, with his two hands, he held the collar about my neck, but he did not yet close it. I was looking up at him. My throat was encircled by the collar, he holding it, but the collar was not yet shut. My eyes met his. His eyes were fierce, amused, mine were frightened. My eyes pleaded for mercy. I would receive none. The collar snapped shut. There was a shout of pleasure from the men and the girls about. I heard striking the left shoulder in Gorean applause. Among the warriors, the flat of sword blades and the blades of spears rang on the shields. I closed my eyes, shuddering.
I opened my eyes. I could not hold up my head. I saw before me the dirt, and the sandals of Rask of Treve.
Then I remembered that I must speak one more line. I lifted my head, tears in my eyes.
'I am yours, Master,' I said.
He lifted me to my feet, one hand on each of my arms. My wrists were bond before my body. I wore his collar. He put his head to the left side of my face, and then to the right. He inhaled the perfume." (excerpted from Captive of Gor, pages 280-284)
Online, each ko-larring ceremony is different. Some don't use a ceremony at all, but just give a ko'lar and have it worn. I think that is a disappointment. The ko-larring ceremonies I have been a part of have varied slightly in intensity, but could be worked from this basic outline...
Master: If you truly desire to be mine, come to me and remove your silks.
slave: Steps to him, removes her silks, stands nude, unashamed of her need and desire to belong to this Master.
Master: What are you girl?
slave: a kajira
Master: What do you wish to become?
slave: Your slave, Master.
Master: *showing his kolar* Are you certain this is what you want, little one?
slave: Yes, Master.
Master: *placing the kolar around her neck* If you feel no doubt or hesitation in giving yourself to me, then lock the kolar.
slave: *snaps the lock shut* reveling in the sound that binds them together
Master: What is your name, girl?
slave: Your kajira is called by whatever you wish, Master.
Master: Since your name is mine as totally as is the rest of you, I say you are now to be called (new name & kolar). Change it now.
slave: changes name as her owner wishes
Master: What do you own, girl?
slave: nothing, Master, for it is all now yours
Master: My little one, you will be my (type of slave) slave, but will wear these (color of silks given) to please my eyes.
slave: admires and dons new silks
Master: gives any jewelry that he wishes her to wear (i.e. bells, anklets for the left ankle, etc.)
slave: *admires adornments*
Master: presents his newest treasure to those gathered.
Slaves, trained and untrained, bred and captured, serve in an almost astounding variety of tasks and classes. Not all slaves are or ever become "pleasure slaves" or "tavern slaves" which seem to flourish to no end in online venues.
A slave is trained in the duties of her post. A kitchen slave may only need be trained in cleaning pots & preparing foods. A paga slave needs to serve hot beverage skillfully and to squirm in the alcove pleasingly. A Bath Girl swims gracefully and makes a Master's muscles melt with her massage par excellence. But the common term "slave training" which most slaves online would claim they've studied, is the training of a pleasure slave. A pleasure slave is trained both in many duties and in fine nuances — she does not escape the mundane training of other slaves, but rather is trained more deeply in it and well beyond it.
"A good deal of the training of the slave girl, surprisingly, to my naive mind, was in relatively domestic matters. For example, the Pleasure Slave, if she is trained by a good house, must also be the master of those duties commonly assigned to Tower Slaves. Accordingly, they must know how to cut and sew cloth, to wash garments and clean various types of materials and surfaces, and to cook an extensive variety of foods, from the rough fare of Warriors to concoctions which are exotic almost to the point of being inedible. Elizabeth would regularly bring her efforts back to the compartment, and the nights were not infrequent when I longed for the simple fare at the table of Cernus, or perhaps a bowl of Ho-Tu's gruel. One dish I recall was composed of the tongues of eels and was sprinkled with flavored aphrodisiacs, the latter however being wasted on me as I spent, to Elizabeth's consternation, the night lying on my side in great pain. Elizabeth was, however, to my satisfaction, taught a large number of things which, to my mind, were more appropriate to the training of slave girls, including a large number of dances, dozens of songs, and an unbelievable variety of kisses and caresses. The sheer mechanics of her repertoire, theoretically outfitting her to be exquisite pleasure to anyone from an Ubar to a peasant, are much too complex and lengthy to recount here." (Assassin of Gor, 204-205)
• Tavern Dancer (Raiders of Gor, chapter 9) — "'Aii!' cried men, as she would pause a moment to dance before them. I had little doubt she might once have been a tavern dancer. Such dancers must present themselves in such a fashion before customers. This gives the customer an opportuinity to assess them, and to keep them in mind, if he wishes, for later use in an alcove." (Magicians of Gor, page 54 or 55)
• Paga Slave (Slave Girl of Gor, chapters 18 & 20) — slaves that work in a tavern and serve the customers drinks and the use of their bodies in the tavern alcoves
• Kettle Girl (Assassin of Gor, Raiders of Gor) — a disparaging remark about a slave unfit for any labor or pleasure other than cleaning the pots and others of the most menial labors
• Kettle & Mat Girls — a kettle girl which might also be thrown to a kitchen-master or slave boy for use
• Kitchen Slave (Raiders of Gor) — most often kept chained in the kitchen where they clean and prepare food; hardly ever seen as the food they prepare is served by other slaves who are deemed more pleasing
• Stable Sluts (Fighting Slave of Gor) — complete menial tasks about the fields and stables then are tossed as treats to the male work slaves
• House/Tower Slave (Tarnsman of Gor; Fighting Slave of Gor) — "'Although you have been purchased as house girls,' said Teela, 'and surely we need more of them around here, you will also be expected upon occasion, as tonight, to serve at dinner. Indeed, I suspect that the Master has more in mind from you than simple domestic services.'" (Kajira of Gor)
• City Slave (Outlaw of Gor)
• Coin Girl (Guardsmen of Gor, chapter 17 - pages 143-144 & Rogue of Gor, chapter)
• Chamber Slave (Priest-Kings of Gor)
• Tent Slave (Beasts of Gor)
• Bath Girls (Assassin of Gor) — very skilled in massage and swimming beautifully

"After we had kissed we swam together, and then again kissed and swam. Afterwards, Nela gave me the first rubbing, with coarse oils, loosening dirt and perspiration, and scraped me with the thin, flexible bronze strigil; then she gave me the second rubbing, vigorous and stimulating, with heavy toweling; then she gave me the third rubbing, that with fine, scented oils, massaged at length into the skin. After that we lay side by side for a long time... I lay thinking on the thick square of striped toweling and felt her massage the final oils of the bath into my body... The oil was fragrant. It felt warm from her hands." (Assassin of Gor, page 163) yet owned by whomever wishes to rent their usage "For the fee one was entitled to use the girl as he wished for as long as he wished, his use, of course, limited by the hours of the pool's closing." (Assassin of Gor, page 161)
• Exotic Slave - bred for a particular trait, sometimes merely an aspect of appearance (Raiders of Gor, page 15)
• Passion Slave
• Pleasure Slave (Assassin of Gor) — "Her body is richly curved,' I said. 'That suggests an abundance of female hormones, and that, in turn, suggests the potentialities, the capacities for love, the sensibilities, the dispositions of the pleasure slave." (Players of Gor, page 20)
• Love-Slave — When a Master finds the one slave perfectly suited to him, it is said he has found his "love-slave." He feels he must own her, he must have her; her love-enforced slavery is deeper and more absolute than any other. Often she alone serves him and must be everything to him — everything from a kettle-girl to a dancer, from a bath-girl to a passion-slave — it is the deepest and most fulfilling of slaveries. Sometimes he chooses to have her appear as his free companion outside the walls of his ome, sometimes for all to know what she is in his home; but either way while in his home she is the most abject, needy, and pleasing of slaves.
o These tales stir every slave's heat and need, they are the fuel of the belly fire:
 Rask of Treve and his El-in-or (Captive of Gor)
 Clitus Vitellus and his Dina (Slave Girl of Gor)
 Imnak and his Poalu (Beasts of Gor)
• Male Silk Slave (Fighting Slave of Gor, chapters 10-17) — "many male silk slaves are chosen to be male silk slaves not because they are weak or like women, but because they are not; it is only that htey are men, and often true men, who must serve women, totally, in the same fashion that a slave female is expected to serve a free master. To be sure, it is also true, and should be admitted in all honesty, that many male silk slaves are rather feminine; some women prefer this type, perhaps because they fear true men; from such a silk slave they need not fear that they may suddenly be turned upon, and tied, and taught to be women. Most women, however, after a time, find this type of silk slave a banality and a bore; charm and wit can be entertaining, but, in time, if not conjoined with intellect and true masculine power, they are likely to wear thin." (Savages of Gor, page 69)
• Fighting/Arena Slave (Fighting Slave of Gor, chapters 19-25)
• Galley Slave (Raiders of Gor, chapter 8)
• Draft Slaves (Raiders of Gor, page 15)
• Work Slave (Outlaw of Gor)
• Field/Stable Slave (Outlaw of Gor)
• Whip Slave (Assassin of Gor, 301)
"The least valuable slaves are often female work slaves, purchased for the public kitchens or laundries. The next level of slaves, not generally thought to be of great value, tends to be male work slaves, usually used in cargo galleys, on the wharves, and in the fields or quarries. The next level of slaves, and the most common form of slave on Gor, is the female who can be used as a pleasure slave. It is my conjecture that some ninety percent of Gorean slaves are female, and that some eighty percent of these fit into the category of slaves who must figure into their duties the serving of the pleasure of men. Indeed, even the miserable females in the fields, or those in the kitchens and laundries, know that upon occasion they will be used, usually chained, to slake the lust of their foremen or masters. The female slave on Gor, knowing herself owned, is usually in little doubt as to what can occur to her in her slavery. The next level of slaves is that of male silk slaves. These usually bring higher prices, on the whole, than female pleasure slaves. This, it seems to me, i spurely a matter of supply and demand. Female pleasure slaves, given slave raids and the sackings of cities, are relatively plentiful on Gor. Male silk slaves are not. The explanation for this, I think, is reasonably clear. Gorean males seldom make good silk slaves. The explanation for the much smaller number of male as opposed to female slaves on Gor, speaking now generally of male work slaves, is also clear. First, the female tends to be the desirated object of the slaver's seizure. She brings higher prices than male work slaves. Secondly, in battles, often male defenders have been slaughtered or driven off. Their females thus remain as spoils for the chains of the victors. Too, male captives are often killed. Female captives, on the other hand, perticularly if comely, are usually spared for the collars of their conquerors. They learn to yield well to their masters. The most valuable general category of slaves, however, much to the chagrin of some male silk slaves, is that of the particularly desirable female. These are usually extraordinarily beautiful Gorean girls, once of high caste. Sometimes they are dancers. Commonly they are highly trained. Sometimes they are even passion slaves, girls literally bred for the pleasure of men. The prizes purchased by Ubars and rich men for their pleasure gardens usually belong to the types of girls included in this general category. Girls of political interest, too, it might be mentioned, are usually included in this category. For example, a captured, enslaved Ubara would commonly bring a very handsome price. These general remarks, of course, if they were to be made more accurate, would require numerous qualifications. For example, the prices of Earth girls have tended to improve in the past few years on Gor. Gorean men tend to enjoy teaching them their slavery. Too, once they have learned the meaning of their collar, they are extraordinarily delicious slave girls. Some authorities believe that Earth girls should be a special category of slave. Others sispute this. I agree with those who dispute it, regarding Earth girls as only being women like other women. To be sure, there is a special spice and flavor in owning them. I have not mentioned exotics, incidentally, slaves bred or trained for unusual purposes. I have not mentioned, either, slaves with professional competences, such as medicine or law, or fighting slaves, in effect gladiators, men purchased for use as bodyguards or combatants in arranged games. The intricacy of the institution of slavery on Gor is prodigious. These general remarks, dealing only with major and obvious categories should be understood as no more than a crude orientation to the subject matter as a whole. The utuility of generality must not be permitted to blind us tot he specificity of reality. There are always market variables, and buyer and slave variables. A girl who seems to most men only a low-grade kettle-and-mat girl may be to a given man very precious. She may be as valuable to him as a collared Ubara, one who must now, strictly, be taught her duties as a slave." (Fighting Slave of Gor, pages 163-165)
Usually status as "high slave" or "low slave" is dependent upon the status of the slave's owner. A general's pleasure slave is a "high slave" while a common soldier's slave is a "low slave." A low slave is often expected to serve any man, while a high slave may find her yieldings reserved for her owner. A high slave may spend her time in luxurious isolation in a harem-like setting while a low slave may have many tedious and menial tasks to fill her day.
"First, I knew that women who are kept as low slaves, and even strictly so, are often among the most loved. Many love masters keep their love slaves, for example, as low slaves. I had little doubt that Mirus would keep Tupita as such. She was even braceleted when she left the camp. I knew, too, that even high slaves are occasionally subjected to such imperious uses, which in their way are delicious, just at they might, to their shame, frustration and pleasure, find themselves, occasionally clad in rags and put to disagreeable tasks. Such things remind them that they are slaves, and must obey their masters. Such enforcements, too, tend to be reassuring, and arousing, to a woman. Even if I were not loved, I now had no doubt that I was keenly desired, and that I need not fear that I might not be put to my master’s pleasure and as a slave. The ruthlessness of his use only doubled my desire, that of a slave, to serve and love him. it was clear he had known what he was doing when he had picked me out on Earth." (Dancer of Gor, pages 459-460).
Ko-lar Design
Online "silk colors" has sometimes become a way of classifying the training of a slave, but within the books, colors of silk were commonly little more than whatever was on hand or felt to be pleasing to the Master. It was the elaborateness of a ko`lar or girl's cell that told of a slave girl's standing. A plate ko`lar hammered upon the girl's neck or a lock ko'lar, or a decorative enamelled ko'lar were often vestigages of the value placed upon a girl and hence her training level, as shown in the following passage from Assassin of Gor, page 153-154:
Ho-Tu grinned. "Call the smith!" said he to the guard. "Plate collars!"
To their surprise, the guard then released the two girls, and Elizabeth as well, from their slave bracelets.
Flaminius gestured that the two girls should try to rise and walk a bit about the room.
Awkwardly, painfully, they did so, stumbling to the edge of the room, then leaning against the wall, taking a step at a time. Elizabeth, now also free, went to their side, trying to help them. She did not speak to them,
however. As far as they knew she could speak only Gorean.
When the smith arrived, he took, from a rack in the wall, two narrow, straight bars of iron, not really plates but narrow cubes, about a half inch in width and fifteen inches in length.
The girls were then motioned to the anvil. First Virginia and then Phyllis laid their heads and throats on the anvil, head turned to the side, their hands holding the anvil, and the smith, expertly, with his heavy hammer and a ringing of iron, curved the collar about their throats; a space of about a quarter of an inch was left between the two ends of the collar; the ends matched perfectly; both Virginia and Phyllis stepped away from the anvil feeling the metal on their throats, both now collared slave girls.
"If your training goes well," said Flaminius to the girls, "you will in time be given a pretty collar." He indicated Elizabeth's yellow enameled collar, bearing the legend of the House of Cernus. "It will even have a lock," said Flaminius.
Silk Colors
In the books, slave attire was quite varied. Though, upon occasion, some regions or castes seemed to have a slave uniform of sorts — often seemingly based on style or color — which may have evolved into the online conventions. Online, the color of the silk is sometimes considered to be extremely telling of a slave's capabilities or mood.
• White. As used in the books, the term white-silk slave meant that the girl was a virgin. Status as a white-silk was established by physicians and documented in a new slave papers (Assassin of Gor). "contrasting term is 'white-silk,' usually used of slaves who are still virgins, or equivalently, slaves whose bodies have not yet been opened by men. Needless to say, slaves seldom spend a great deal of time in the 'white-silk' category. It is common not to dally in initiating a slave into the realities of her condition." (Blood Brothers of Gor, page 472) A highly trained slave could indeed be "white-silk" in the books (Assassin of Gor) while online, the white-silk slave is commonly a kajira-in-training, but sometimes merely refers to one reserved for her Master/Mistress's sole use. They are generally permitted to serve drinks and food and conversation but sexual use is forbidden.
• Red. A red-silk girl in the books referred to a girl that was no longer virginal. These girls generally may be used by any who desire her usage, but on occasion may instead be reserved for the sole use by their owner. "the expression, 'red-silk,' in Gorean, tends to be used as a category in slaving, and also, outside of the slaving context, as an expression in vulgar discourse, indicating that the woman is no longer a virgin, or, as the Goreans say, at least vulgarly of slaves, that her body has been opened by men." (Blood Brothers of Gor, page 472) Online, a pleasure slave is commonly called "red-silk." A pleasure slave is considered to be well-trained to please in all ways, and are closest to the houris of the Arabian harem or Geisha in Japanese culture. True "passion slaves" are bred for that purpose specifically, and no barbarian (girl from Earth) can be called thus.
• Yellow. A common color of dye for the slave garments, it also is sometimes used to denote a paga slave or tavern-owned slave in online conventions; though not all taverns put their slave in yellow.
"She came through the kitchen door in the tiny slip of diaphanous yellow silk alotted to paga slaves, bells locked on her left ankle. She was doubtless returning to the floor after her rest, to freshen her for further service." (Hunters of Gor, page 56)
• Green. Apparently was among the common garments worn by the slaves of huntsmen.
"About the throats of the girls were locked new collars, again of inflexible steel, but now those of huntsmen, vine-engraved and carrying the name of their masters. ... They then, in their brief green tunics of the slaves of huntsmen, shouldered their burdens and followed their masters through the double gate of the palisade." (Captive of Gor, pages 351-352)
• Gray, often with red stripes. A state-owned slave. (Tarnsman of Gor or Outlaw of Gor)
"A switch was put in the hands of Eta. She stood over me. I put down my head. She did not strike me. I looked up at her. I realized then that she was first girl in the camp, and that I must obey her, that she had been empowered to set me tasks and duties. Suddenly I feared her. Before I had looked down upon her. Now I trembled. It was she who held the switch over me. Before I had generally obeyed her only when men were present. I had preferred to leave her the work. Now I realized I must, without question, take slave instructions from her and discharge swiftly and well whatever menial duties she might place upon me. I met her eyes. Though I was a delicate girl of Earth, beautiful and sensitive, even one who wrote poetry, I had little doubt she would use the switch, and richly, upon me, did I not work well. I put down my head. I determined to work well. In this camp I, though of Earth, was inferior to her. She could command me. She held the switch. I would obey. She was first girl." (Slave Girl of Gor, chapter 3)
"The red-haired girl, to my satisfaction, but not asking me, took some of the silk we carried and cut it into strips, wrapping it in and around the ankle rings of her charges, and about the girl’s ankles, that their ankles be protected in the march. She was a good first girl. 'Thank you, Mistress,' said one of the girls to her. 'Be silent, Slave,' responded the red-haired girl. 'Yes, Mistress,' responded the other. She was a good first girl. She, with her switch, maintained a harsh and perfect discipline among her charges, but she was not more cruel to them that it was customary to be with Gorean slaves. They were animals in her charge. She was, accordingly, solicitous for their welfare." (Hunter of Gor, chapter 15)
A lower-ranking slave always addresses a higher-ranking slave as "Mistress." A new slave, new to her slavery or new to the house, considers the other girls to be her mistresses until she is granted "comb and brush priveleges" (Savages of Gor) to acknowledge her acceptance by the other slaves of the household. A "first-girl" may be appointed to manage the training or assign and oversee tasks of other slaves. Sometimes there is also a "second-girl" (Savages of Gor, chapter 11) and occasionally a pecking-order ranking of all girls.
"Her least insolence she knows may be rewarded with exact, swift punishment, such as the whip or close chains, nudity in the streets or public rental, or the deprivation of food." (Guardsman of Gor, chapter 18)
"Sometimes, too, when a slave feels she may not have been sufficiently pleasing she will strip herself and approach the master on all fours, her head down, a whip in her teeth. It is her way of making clear to him her desire to please. It is usually much better, incidentally, for the slave to do this of her own accord than to be ordered to so approach the master. If it is he who has issued the order she may well be being summoned for punishment, or at least a severe upbraiding. If she approaches on her own accord she may well find forgiveness or, perhaps, a disciplining that is little more than symbolic. If she so approaches, however, on his order, as I have suggested, she may well fear. He will do what he wants with her. She is his, totally. The whip on Gor, incidentally, though it is much in evidence, is seldom used. That it will be used, and promptly, if the occasion arises, is perhaps, paradoxically perhaps, why it seldom needs to be used. Most girls avoid feeling it, at least generally, by striving to be excellent slaves. To be sure, every female slave will have felt it, upon occasion. It is then common that they try to make certain that these occasions are quite infrequent. To be sure, some women do not fully understand they are owned, until they are whipped." (Vagabonds of Gor, chapter 1)
Whip of the Furs
"whip of the furs, in which the master, with his body, incontrovertibly teaches the girl her slavery" (Marauders of Gor, chapter 4)
"Sometimes a girl, as a punishment, is placed helplessly in an alcove, free for the use of all." (Slave Girl of Gor, chapter 18)
Chaining or Binding
Often at night a girl is chained in close-chains or bound as a punishment.
Eye Contact Restrictions
"Sometimes in training, incidentally, or as a discipline or punishment, the slave is not permitted to look into the eyes of the master. Indeed, sometimes, in training, she is not permitted to raise her eyes above the belt of the trainer. Also, it must be recognized that many slaves often, and perhaps all slaves sometimes, find it difficult to look into the eyes of the master. He, after all, holds total power over them and they fear to displease him. What if he should interpret her gaze as suggesting the least insubordination or insolence? Are they truly prepared to have the soles of their feet lashed or to live on bread crusts for the next five days? But, on the other hand, there is, on Gor, in circles of the mastery, no discouragement, commonly, of eye contact between masters and slaves." (Savages of Gor, chapter 15)
Humbling by Speaking as Slave
When a slave's speech identifies herself by her slave-name rather than by first-person spech, it may be caused by the order "speak as a slave" as this quote from page 287 of Captive of Gor shows:
"Speak as a slave!’ demanded Ute.
"El-in-or betrayed Ute!" I cried. "El-in-or betrayed Ute!"
Switching
Switching rights are often granted the first-girl. While only a free person normally lashes with a whip, many slaves are switched when needed by the highest ranking slave amongst them.
Lashing
"It is common that clothing is removed before the administration of the discipline of leather. In this way the clothing is not likely to be cut or stained. Too, in a formal whipping, as opposed to an occasional stroke or two, perhaps called forth on a given occasion, not even as meaningless, fragile or symbolic a shield as slave silk is allowed to obtrude itself between the slave and the justice, or mere attention, of the lash. Similarly, in such a formal situation, even the hair of the slave is normally thrown forward, before her shoulders." (Vagabonds of Gor)
The following passage is from Tribesmen of Gor:
"You are to be punished," I said, "and punished only, because you, a slave girl, have not been found pleasing."
She looked at me with horror.
"For so little?" she said.
I gestured to a man, an Aretai, in white burnoose, with black kaffiyeh and white agal cording, who stood nearby. He tossed a Gorean slave whip to the tiles, some twenty feet from the girl.
She looked at the whip in disbelief. Earth women, no matter what they do, are never punished. She could not believe that she was to be treated as a Gorean slave girl.
"Fetch the whip," I told her.
She stood straight. "Never!" she cried. "Never! Never!"
"Bring a sand glass," I said, "of one Ehn's sand." It was brought. The Gorean day consists of twenty Ahn; the Gorean Ahn, or hour, of forty Ehn, or minutes; the Ehn consists of eighty Ihn, or seconds. An Ihn is slightly less than an Earth second.
The glass was inverted.
She looked at it. "You can never make me do this," she said, "Tarl."
She watched the sand slip through the glass. She turned to face me. "I'm pleased that I betrayed Priest-Kings. I'm pleased that I served Kurii I'm pleased that I identified you for Ibn Saran. I'm pleased that I testified against you at Nine Wells! Do you understand? Pleased!"
A quarter of the sand had slipped through the glass.
"You did not free me in Lydius. You kept me a slave!" she cried petulantly.
The sand had now slipped half through the glass. She looked about, from face to face, finding in them no sign of emotion, and then again she faced me.
"Of course I smiled at Nine Wells," she cried. "I wanted you sent to Klima! I wanted you sent there! Vengeance was sweet! Only you escaped! Of course I mocked you from the window of the kasbah of Ibn Saran! There would be no women at Klima! Of course in insolence I hurled you a bit of perfumed silk, to torment you in the march and, later, at Klima. Of course I lightly blew you a kiss of farewell, delighted in my triumph over you! Of course! Of course! Yes, yes, I mocked you when you were helpless! It gave me much pleasure to do so!"

Views: 4

Important (read & understand)

How to Contact us:Preferred Contact point

Email and Instant Messenger:

TravelerinBDFSM @ aol/aim;  hotmail; identi.ca; live & yahoo

OR

Travelingraggyman @ gmail and icq ***

Find us on Google+

Please vote for Our Site. You can vote once a day. Thank you for your support. just click on the badge below
Photobucket

OUR MOST RECENT  AWARD

1AWARD UPDATES & INFORMATION
10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award
100 votes - Copper Award

Member of the Associated  Posting System {APS}

This allows members on various sites to share information between sites and by providing a by line with the original source it credits the author with the creation.

Legal Disclaimer

***************We here at Traveling within the World are not responsible for anything posted by individual members. While the actions of one member do not reflect the intentions of the entire social network or the Network Creator, we do ask that you use good judgment when posting. If something is considered to be inappropriate it will be removed

This site is strictly an artist operational fan publication, no copyright infringement intended

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries had its humble beginnings as an idea of a few artisans and craftsmen who enjoy performing with live steel fighting. As well as a patchwork quilt tent canvas. Most had prior military experience hence the name.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries.

Vendertainers that brought many things to a show and are know for helping out where ever they can.

As well as being a place where the older hand made items could be found made by them and enjoyed by all.

We expanded over the years to become well known at what we do. Now we represent over 100 artisans and craftsman that are well known in their venues and some just starting out. Some of their works have been premiered in TV, stage and movies on a regular basis.

Specializing in Medieval, Goth , Stage Film, BDFSM and Practitioner.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries a Dept of, Ask For IT was started by artists and former military veterans, and sword fighters, representing over 100 artisans, one who made his living traveling from fair to festival vending medieval wares. The majority of his customers are re-enactors, SCAdians and the like, looking to build their kit with period clothing, feast gear, adornments, etc.

Likewise, it is typical for these history-lovers to peruse the tent (aka mobile store front) and, upon finding something that pleases the eye, ask "Is this period?"

A deceitful query!! This is not a yes or no question. One must have a damn good understanding of European history (at least) from the fall of Rome to the mid-1600's to properly answer. Taking into account, also, the culture in which the querent is dressed is vitally important. You see, though it may be well within medieval period, it would be strange to see a Viking wearing a Caftan...or is it?

After a festival's time of answering weighty questions such as these, I'd sleep like a log! Only a mad man could possibly remember the place and time for each piece of kitchen ware, weaponry, cloth, and chain within a span of 1,000 years!! Surely there must be an easier way, a place where he could post all this knowledge...

Traveling Within The World is meant to be such a place. A place for all of these artists to keep in touch and directly interact with their fellow geeks and re-enactment hobbyists, their clientele.

© 2024   Created by Rev. Allen M. Drago ~ Traveler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service