Linking your favorite traveling artists across the globe
Our traditional wytchcraft history is rich and filled with so much knowledge.
I guess that's why sometimes when I do hear or see someone talking about tossing fairy dust and only of singing love blessings , I get alittle miffed.
The Ancestors did NOT throw Fairy dust and just sing love blessings.
They used herbs to cure,made potions and salves to cure ailments,many good women of villages and towns were mid-wives...many were older'village and town elders' - people 'who knew and passed learned things - from their ancestors' ... as well as ... those who were actual wytches that belonged to covens and practised in secret...in the dark - to keep them from being branded a witch:and face torture persecution-and in so very many cases-death...
...Posting this "word for word" from one of the rare books [put back unto print]] By Rossell Hope Robbins - a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature , Second Printing, 1960 , first printing, 1959 ... known as- "The Encyclopedia Of Witchcraft and Demonology".
True piece of : History
A Typical Day's Torture for ~ a marked Witch:
'Verbatim report' of the first days of torture of a woman accused of witchcraft - at Prossneck, Germany, in 1629.
1. The hangman bound the hands, cut her hair, and placed her on the ladder. He threw alcohol over her head and set fire to it so as to burn her hair to the roots.
2. He placed strips of sulphur under her arms and around her back and set fire to them.
3. He tied her hands behind her back and pulled her up to the ceiling.
4. He left her hanging there from three to four hours, while the torturer went to breakfast.
5. On his return, he threw alcohol on her back and set fire to it.
6. He attached very heavy weights on her body and drew her up again to the ceiling. After that he put her back on the ladder and placed a very rough plank full of sharp points against her body.
7. Then he squeezed her thumbs and big toe in the vise, and he trussed her arms with a stick, and in this position kept her hanging about a quarter of an hour, until she would faint away several times.
8. Then he squeezed the calves and the legs in the vise, always alternating the torture with questioning.
9. Then he whipped her with a rawhide whip to cause blood to flow out over her shift.
10. Once again, he placed her thumbs and big toes in the vise, and left her in this agony on the torture stool, while the hangman and the court officials went out to get a bite to eat for mid-day meal.
In the afternoon'a functionary' came ... who disapproved this pitiless procedure. But then they whipped her again in a frightful manner. This concluded the first day of torture.
The next day they start all over again, but without pushing things quite as far as the day before.
-Wilhelm Pressel, 'Hexen and Hexenmeister'-