Linking your favorite traveling artists across the globe
Space Cleansing Ritual
For this ritual to cleanse your magick space, you will need:
•A silver candle
•2 illuminator candles
•A birthday candle
•A chalice with charged water
•A small bowl of earth
•A element candles (red, blue, brown, yellow)
•A Incense (sage)
Space Cleansing Ritual Steps
1. Gather all the items and place on the altar, cover with a black cloth until you are ready to use them. (Black shields items and keeps dust off)
2. Chose the date and time for the ritual to be performed. (Use an astrological calendar or pick the date of the next New Moon)
3. Clean the area that is to be cleansed thoroughly. (Wash all walls, floors etc.)
4. Make sure to go over the ritual in your mind and be sure you have all items necessary 1/2 an hour before you perform the ritual. (This will help to ensure you don’t break focus during the ritual)
5. Take a shower or bath with scented oils, envision all debris being washed from your body and allow a feeling of complete clean to come over you.
6. After the shower/bath put on non-restrictive clothing that you have chosen for the ritual. (You may chose to do this ritual wearing as little clothing as a bathrobe or nothing at all)
7. Once you are ready to begin place the element candles in position in the appropriate compass points. (East yellow, South red, West blue, North brown) Then place the silver candle on the altar.
8.If you will be space cleansing tools be sure they are placed on the altar or work table. Then double check to ensure that you will not be interrupted during the ritual.
9. Stand before your altar, breathe deeply and light the illuminator candles using the lighter or birthday candle.
10.Circle the room in a clockwise direction lighting the element candles.
11. Pick up your broom and sweep the circle as you walk inside clockwise and say:
Sweep, sweep, sweep this place
By powers of Air, I cleanse this space.
Shut your eyes and feel the element of air move within the circle. Return to the altar, pick up the silver candle. Light it from the illuminator candle on the left, walk around the circle clockwise and say:
Light, light I light this space
By the powers of fire, I cleanse this space
Concentrate on fire energy flowing around the circle. Return to the altar and pick up the chalice of holy water. As you walk clockwise ’round the circle sprinkle the water with the fingers of your right hand and say:
Liquid, liquid I wash this place
By powers of water I cleanse this space
Feel the element of water flow in a clockwise direction around the circle. Return to the altar and pick up the bowl of earth. Walk clockwise around the circle, sprinkle the earth and say:
Dirt, dirt as I walk this place
Powers of earth cleanse this space
Feel the element of earth bringing gifts to the circle. Return the bowl of earth to the altar and move to the centre of the circle. In the Godess position say:
I now direct the energy of the Universe to forever fill and bless this place.
Feel the energy from your body meld with that of the universe. When the energy begins to disipate, turn back to the altar lay your hands upon it and say:
This altar is dedicated to the Lord and Lady of Light. May it serve me well.
12. If you will not be cleansing any tools you will end the ritual here by thanking the God and Goddess and the elements for their participation in the ritual. Then ground the energy that you have raised by putting your palms to the floor and feeling the sensation being drained to Earth Mother.Then raise your right hand over your head in a counter-clockwise motion, circle it around the room and say:
The circle is open, may it never be broken!