- SLAVE GIRL OF GOR, Pg. 261

"'What are the duties of a slave?' I asked.
'They are complex, and manifold, Master,' she said.
'Speak generally,' I said.
'We are to be absolutely docile,' she said, 'totally obedient and fully pleasing.'
'Are there any qualifications to that?' I asked.
'No, Master,' she said, 'there are no qualifications. We are slaves.'"
- SAVAGES OF GOR, Pg. 184
The duties of a slave are as many and varied as the imagination and needs of the owner, but they can be simply summed up in one statement, "exquisite beauty and absolute obedience." All considerations fall within this equation as the slave, kajira in particular, is to at all times be pleasing, both in what she does and the manner in which it is done.
Exquisite beauty refers not only to the girls personal appearance, but to her whole state of being. The girl is to be beautiful in every action, movement and form that she undertakes, no matter what the command or purpose. Things as simple as a girl washing laundry, fetching a bucket of water, of just picking up an object off the floor all are done with a level of feminine grace and sexuality that are lost to most women, but the kajira is painstakingly trained to unconsciously and continually achieve. This is not a result simply of training though, for it is something which is natural to her as a woman, brought out through her slavery to men, and then further amplified, exposed and refined through her training. As the girl grows in her collar, it no longer becomes necessary to instruct her on the movements of her own body in a pleasing manner, such becomes natural to her, as if something deep within her and once hidden, has finally awoke.
Absolute obedience in itself should be self explanatory. A slave does as she is told, and if not, is swiftly and appropriately disciplined until her attitude is corrected, and further, similar commands, are performed as expected. A Gorean slave reacts to a command in a way that will cause its completion to occur in the form that her master expects it to be done, and done quickly. In the newer girl, this obedience may come as a reaction to fear, her being afraid of the discipline that will surely occur should she fail or not be found pleasing. But in the girl who is more accustomed to her collar, a need to be found pleasing and desirable to her master and men in general surpasses even fear, producing an obedience born of devotion and love, rather than simply the wish to avoid any correction. Furthermore, her punishment of herself for failure, manifested in her own feelings of guilt and personal displeasure, become in their own way far more effective than even the harshest of lash.
The sum of these things produces a girl that is at all times pleasing to her owner in every way. As property, a possession, this is simply expected and reasonably so, for as a slave, the girl no longer exists for herself, but exists for her owner and is dependent upon him for her very life and sustenance, and often her happiness and emotional well being. If the master is not fully pleased, even by the girl who truly seeks to be pleasing in every way, this may be a matter of taste rather than failure, for not all girls are right for all men, and what one is not satisfied with, another may well find great joy in.
The slave who performs well will often be treated well, as a girl that is found pleasing to her master will be encouraged to continue doing so. A truly beautiful and obedient slave is a prized possession, one which will have both great monetary and personal value to the owner, along with being an investment that took care and time to make into what is now seen to hold such great worth. Such property is not left to wander unguarded or unattended and is often even hidden away by the owner, and so long as "exquisite beauty and absolute obedience" is maintained, the life of the slave in itself might well be seen as not bad at all. And to the girl, such a life may in reality be something she wishes never to change, and something she secretly has always desired, even if unconsciously.
"Slavery to the woman is more than a sexual matter, though sexuality is intimately and profoundly involved in it, essentially, crucially and ultimately. It is an entire mode of being, an entire way of life, one intimately associated with love and service."
- VAGABONDS OF GOR, Pg. 53

"Lack of compliance by a slave girl to a command in the Gorean world is unthinkable. She obeys."
- SLAVE GIRL OF GOR, Pg. 125
"The slave makes no bargains; she does not desire small demands to be placed upon her; she does not ask for ease; she asks nothing; she gives all; she seeks to love and selflessly serve."
- BLOOD BROTHERS OF GOR, Pg. 139
"He is Master, and I am Slave.
He is owner, and I am owned.
He commands, and I obey.
He is to be pleased, and I am to please.
Why is this?
Because he is Master and I am Slave."
- EXPLORERS OF GOR, Pg. 184
"'What is the duty of a slave girl?' I inquired.
'Absolute obedience,' she said."
- HUNTERS OF GOR, Pg. 258
"It is the duty of a slave girl to be fully and completely pleasing to men."
- SLAVE GIRL OF GOR, Pg. 226
"I was a female slave. I existed now for the the pleasure of men. It was what I was for."
- DANCER OF GOR, Pg. 141
"'A girl in a collar is not permitted inhibitions,' she said. It was true. Slave girls must reveal their sexual nature, totally. Do they not do so, they are beaten."
- MARAUDERS OF GOR, Pg. 278
"'Is it a slave girl's first duty to be interesting?' I asked.
'No,' she said. 'That is a concern of free women.'
'What is the first duty of a slave girl?'
'To be pleasing to the master,' she said.
'Let that be your concern,' I said."
- BEASTS OF GOR, Pg. 279
"On Gor there many sayings about masters and slaves. One is in the form of a question and an answer. The question is, 'What does a slave owe a Master?' The answer is, 'Everything, and then a thousand times more.'"
- DANCER OF GOR, Pg. 189
"The Gorean slave girl seldom needs to fear that her master will not be fully familiar with, and skilled in, the handling, treatment and discipline of slaves."
- MAGICIANS OF GOR, Pg. 29

"'You will learn your womanhood,' I told the blondish girl. 'And I will tell you where you will learn it.'
She looked up at me.
'At the feet of a master,' I told her."
- TRIBESMEN OF GOR, Pg. 13
The training of a slave girl is seen as an art, with many different techniques and subtle variations to acheving the desired end, possible. On Gor, numerous books have been written on the subject, and ideas and opinions regarding the overall topic are debated much like points of philosophy or professional practice. The training of a girl is not something done without proper care or consideration, nor is it something one just stumbles through. Training is probably the one most important factor in the proper development of a slave girl, and the correct execution of such not only will produce a more pleasing piece of property, but is also a measure of the skill of the master himself. This need not be done in any formal or recognizable fashion, for the Gorean male is often subtle in how he personally trains his property. Often a good part of a girls "training" is done simply through direct exposure to and interaction with, men.
Gorean women are taught from a young age to serve men. Young women are expected to see to their brothers much in the manner of serving slaves (within proper limits and excluding sexual situations, of course), until they are replaced by actual slaves taken or purchased by their male siblings. This is done not only to provide the adolescent males with temporary servants, the primary reason is to instill a clear understanding in both as to their place and role in society. It is also to teach her the bare basics of what is expected of a slave, instruction that may well save her life if ever confronted with an enemy and the collar. This is part of the belief that a woman's natural defenses are comprised of her submission and desirability to men.
The initial training of a slave girl centers around the psycological conditioning of the slave, making her not only understand what she is, but confront the reality that this is what she, as a woman, is truly meant to be. Often this is first done through verbal interaction and stimulation, coupled with her being taught the proper way to kneel and speak to men. Some masters will use direct conversation with the girl to make her understand what a slave is, what is inside of her, and the changes in emotions which are coming over her. This is not done strictly to explain, but more to lead her down the path of her own slavery, again molding the girl and bringing out what was hidden within. By asking her questions, and providing her with reason to the answers she is becoming aware of, the master is able to make her confront the reality of her being, as a woman, and enables her to accept such on her own.
A girl who is purchased by the House of a Slaver, or taken there by her master for training, is entered into a school of sorts, where she is put through a series of stages that develop her as a slave. Training Pens within good Slave Houses will usually have a whole system they follow in the development of property for future sale. This training will often center around teaching the girl the basics of what is expected of a slave, then if deemed beneficial to her worth, will expand and hone her skills with the addition of finer points and more intensive instruction. After deciding what type of slave and service a given subject is best suited for, the girl is usually placed under the direction of a "slave trainer," commonly another girl who through displayed ability has proven capable to instruct other slaves. The training process of a Pleasure Slave, for example, usually follows a complex, proven series of steps, broken into stages, with girls progressing from one to the next and receiving "certification" upon reaching an acceptible level of ability. Such a process can often take many months to bring the girl to a standard deemed acceptable to her trainers. Houses build reputations based the quality of the goods they sell, both in a physical sense, and in a measure of the products ability as a slave. Training in a great House whose reputation is widely known will often dramatically increase the value of the girl, and such Houses usually taken great care to insure that a girl's papers only receive their certification if she is truly worthy. These "papers" are a sort of pedigree, which give record of a girl's training and past ownership. They are usually available to potential buyers at the time of sale, and owners are expected to keep a record of such for future consideration. Falsification of these things is a criminal offense under Merchant Law, being a form of fraud.
Each master also instills his own preferences upon his property. No matter how well trained a girl may be, there is always more to learn as each master has wants and desires which require particular response for fulfillment, responses that are taught by the owner himself, be it through direct instruction or a girl's simple observation of what is deemed good and what is not. If the girl is of interest, the owner will usually take the time to personally see to her development. This not only increases the worth a girl has to her owner, as she becomes more suited to his needs, but this also is something Gorean men take great enjoyment in, for the girl is something that they own, entirely and unconditionally, and joyously.
The objective of training is to mold the girl into a creature who sole purpose in both duty and existence, is the pleasure of men. No matter how well trained a girl may appear, this training is never truly done. She is always learning more of the depths of her slavery and service.

"The Gorean man does not compromise with a female slave. If necessary, you will learn your womanhood under the whip."
- EXPLORERS OF GOR, Pg. 337
"As a warrior applies himself to the arts of his weapons, so I applied myself to the arts of the female slave, which I was. I became sleek and more beautiful from the diet and the exercises. I learned things of which I had not dreamed. Our training, because it was limited to a few short weeks, did not include many of the elements that are normally included in a full training. I remained ignorant of Gorean cooking and the cleaning of Gorean garments. I learned nothing of musical instruments. I remained ignorant even of the arrangements of small rugs, decorations and flowers, things that any Gorean girl, slave or free, is likely to know. But I was taught to dance, and to give pleasure, and to stand, and move, and sit and turn, and lift my head and lower it, and kneel, and rise. Interestingly, and sometimes not altogether to my pleasure, I found the training becoming effective."
- CAPTIVE OF GOR, Pg. 169
"We do not choose our Masters nor is it up to us, whether or not we will please them, or to what degree. We must strive be perfection all ways, for anyone. That is part of what is to be a slave. In reconciling myself to bondage I had, also, to reconcile myself to this condition. It is a part of bondage. It is something which the slave must accept. Without it there can be no true slavery. I had accepted this condition, at least theoretically, verbally acknowledging its incumbency on me, in my training. Somehow, interestingly, this acceptance, too, seemed liberating to me. It made my bondage much more real to me. Too, interestingly, in its way, it also made it seem much more precious to me."
- DANCER OF GOR, Pg. 92
"New slaves are often treated with great harshness. It helps them lean quickly that they are slaves. later, when the girl is well trained and her services become perfections, she may be treated more leniently, even lovingly, like a dog. To be sure, if she should become in the least bit lax, the original strictures, or worse, will be instantly reimposed, or instituted."
- DANCER OF GOR, Pg. 90-91
"I was pleased to see that the third girl seemed now much more sensitive to her femaleness than earlier. Perhaps she would not take as long as I had thought to discover her womanhood. Gorean males, I conjectured, might teach it to her quickly. She would look lovely, I thought, crawling to her master, his sandals in her teeth."
- BEASTS OF GOR, Pg. 69
"Certainly you did not think to be able to compete with a slave. You would not have her experience, her skills, her training. You have not been forced to live with and endure slave heat. You have not been forced to learn submission, obedience, service, passion and love. You have not been sensitized to her collar."
- PLAYERS OF GOR, Pg. 81
"Indeed, I suspected that there would always be more to learn about service and love, that such things were fathomless and limitless, and, thus, in a sense, the notion of being "fully trained," or knowing all there was to know, was in actuality less of a practical goal than a lovely ideal, one which might perhaps be approached ever more closely, but would never be, and perhaps should never be, fully attained. Let the girl revel in her growth, and not fear that one day there will be no more to learn, nowhere else to go. There are no summits on the heights of love."
- DANCER OF GOR, Pg. 129
"Slave girls are not permitted to shortchange their beauty. They must fulfill its promise."
- MAGICIANS OF GOR, Pg. 416

"What a subtle thing is a woman's beauty. How little it has to do, actually, generally, with such matters as symmetry of form and regularity of features. It eludes scales and tapes; mathematics cannot, I think, penetrate its mysterious equations. I have never understood beauty; but I am grateful that it exists."
- EXPLORERS OF GOR, Pg. 111
Goreans place great respect and worth on beauty, but they do not see it and are not taught to see it, in quite the same way as those of Earth. They are not lost to the simplicities of life, with the world around them passing by in an unnoticed blur of daily routine. They are also not conditioned to perceive certain repetitive examples and types as beautiful as a matter of predetermined and accepted fact, with opinions not fitting the "norm" being looked at as strange. Beauty to the Gorean is a matter of personal enjoyment and a measure of what a man feels when exposed to it. Yes, beauty encompasses physical characteristics, but to a Gorean it goes beyond simple "looks" to take into consideration the whole of the subject down to even subtle details. True beauty is not just what an object appears to be visually, or what one is told is beautiful, but is the sum of the entire subject as perceived and appreciated on many levels, and it is measured differently by each individual through the reaction they have to it and the impression it makes on them. In this way, its appreciation is much more personal and the evoked response much more lasting and readily praised, for it has effected the senses and tastes of that individual in a way which is particular to him. Also, the general lack of a conformist view on beauty leaves Goreans free to explore and express their own tastes, without feeling awkward before any standardized and widely publicized opinion on the subject.
"I supposed the requirements of the slaves were high. Each of the girls, I suspected, would be vital and much alive. Each of them I knew was beautiful. Each of them I suspected would be intelligent, for Goreans, as the men of Earth commonly do not, celebrate quickness of mind and alertness in a girl."
- ASSASSIN OF GOR, Pg. 125
Regarding kajirae, true beauty is a blending of the physical, with the emotional, mental, and sexual, rounded in a girl's overall grace and vitality. A slave whose physical beauty far surpasses those of others, may not always be seen as being as beautiful as her peers, due to some other quality having been found lacking or unfulfilled. Conversely, a girl who might be considered an average beauty by the Earth standards of appearance, could well be stunning to a Gorean, for they take measure of the whole girl, and each judges this by his own opinion and impression. To a Gorean, it is not enough for a girl to "look" beautiful, she must "be" beautiful, as in not only form, but manner and expression, a wholeness of being, and they do not settle for being told what beautiful is, they decide this for themselves. Women are expected to have a depth of emotion that is fully expressed and shared as is fitting of their own femininity, and their sexuality not something engaged in, but something they simply are. Women do not have sex, they are sex as manifested in physical form, and this reality is expected to be displayed through their every movement. Intelligence also plays a great factor in a woman's beauty, for Goreans prize girls with a quick and imaginative mind. Such are not only more capable in regard to the completion of tasks they are given, but are more interesting to the man, being something he will more fully enjoy spending his time with, in conversation and the sharing of thoughts. Sexually, the intelligent girl is also far more creative and responsive, with a sharp mind in itself being far more attractive to a man than a dull one. "Physical beauty" in this way, is not even considered to mean the same thing to a Gorean as it often does one of Earth, for it encompasses far more than just physical traits, and can be taken to mean a truer beauty.
"'Slavery itself,' I said, 'often makes a woman more beautiful and desirable. It removes tensions. It removes inhibitions. It makes women happy. It is hard, I think, sometimes, for a woman who is happy not to be beautiful. Sometimes Goreans ask, is she a slave because she is beautiful, or beautiful because she is a slave?'"
- BEASTS OF GOR, Pg. 247
As a slave "grows" in her collar, she simply becomes more beautiful. Slavery removes any inhibitions a girl may have, be they placed upon her by herself, or by the cultural strictures of her society. Her feminine grace and vitality are not repressed by her own fears or that of a culture trying to redefine and alter what is natural to her. She is not shamed and guilted into denying her sex, but glorifies it through her every action. She is under the will and discipline of another who will accept no less than her being all that is inside of her, and has no choice but to openly display herself in her full feminine form, in a manner found pleasing to men, and as a result, pleasing to herself. As she grows more accustomed to her slavery, her features and manners become more refined but yet soft, more feminine, more sexual, more gentle, and more beautiful. Her senses appear to become heightened, as her mind and body become more aware and liberated. She is vulnerable, which is further shown through the expression of emotion that is natural to the female, but this vulnerability creates an even stronger attraction in men. As a slave she becomes the epitome of feminine grace and sensitivity, becomes accustomed and attuned to her emotions and sexuality, reaches the heights of her vitality and simply becomes truly beautiful.
Gorean men take great pleasure just in watching their property go about even the simplest of duties. They enjoy looking upon their property, for to the Gorean master, the slave is truly his. He will know every bit of her, from the smallest feature of her body to the slightest of her mannerisms. He wants to know her thoughts, her dreams, her desires and how she feels. She is not simply something that he finds pleasure in, she is his.
"It is a natural thing. As a woman becomes more feminine, she becomes more beautiful."
- EXPLORERS OF GOR, Pg. 206
Are Most Gorean Slaves Physically Beautiful?
Most of the slaves on Gor that are used for the pleasure of men are physically beautiful. This might seem impossible to those looking with a biased eye, but the fact is the answer is true and the reasoning behind it quite obvious. First of all, those women taken in raids, both of Gorean cities and of Earth, will normally be of the most beautiful sort. Those less attractive will either be passed over, killed, or set to menial tasks. But even more, Slavers who breed their own stock will only select the best males and females to produce children. This obviously leading to progressively more beautiful specimens, in both quality and quantity, over time.
"Most Gorean slave girls are comely, or beautiful. This is easy to understand. It is almost always the better looking women who are taken for slaves, and, of course, in breeding slaves, it is commonly only the most beautful of female slaves who are used, these usually being crossed, hooded, with handsome male silk slaves, also hooded. The female offspring of these matings, needless to say, are often exquisite."
- SAVAGES OF GOR, Pg. 68-69
"In the case of the bred female slave, of course, she has been legally and literally, in anyone's understanding, bred to the collar, and in a full commercial and economic sense, as a business speculation on the part of masters. The features most often selected for by the breeders are beauty and passion."
- SAVAGES OF GOR, Pg. 69
Not only are selection and breeding focused on acquiring the most beautiful of specimens, but training itself will work towards enhancing the figure and form of the woman. Through diet and exercise, the body is worked into proportions fitting the owner's tastes within the limits of her type. Further instruction teaches her movements and displays which compliment her beauty and draw it out more, making it ever more apparent to the man.
"'She is fat,' said Linda. I did not think this remark was fair on Linda's part. The slave, Rowena, was not fat. She was sweetly shapely. To be sure, by a strict regimen of diet and excercise, she would soon be brought, in a manner congenial to her basic structure, within latitudes of slave perfection. The Gorean slave girl is not a free woman. Accordingly she must keep herself beautiful."
- PLAYERS OF GOR, Pg. 36-37
Add to this the simple fact that in slavery a woman deeply embraces her femininity, which in turn has the effect of making her more beautiful as a woman just by putting her more in tune with what she is, and the answer regarding the beauty of slave girls on Gor seems obvious. The women most often selected for slavery will be pleasing to the eye, and will have a noticeable quality about them that speaks of a longing to be totally female. In the bonds of slavery this longing is fulfilled and the femininity of the girl is freed to be embraced by the collared slave. This has the effect of further enhancing her physically beauty, and her overall demeanor through the happiness she has found within herself.

"'If you were in a collar for a few weeks,' I said, 'you face would soften, and become more sensitive, more delicate and femine. Too, as you learned service, obedience and love, and the categoricality of your condition, and your inalterable helplessness within it, many changes would take place in you, in your body, your face, your psychology, your dispositions, and such. Your entire self would become more loving, more sexual, more sensitive, more delicate and femine. You would find yourself, too, more relaxed, yet, too, more alive, more eager, more vital, such things connected, simply enough, with your depth fulfillments as a woman.'
'As a slave!' she said.
'Yes,' I said. 'That is what a woman is, most deeply, most lovingly, a slave.'"
- VAGABONDS OF GOR, Pg. 116
"When a woman is enslaved, for example, surely they do not suppose that her intelligence and sensitivity disappear. Surely they would not expect theirs to do so, if they had them. No, she still has them. Also, it has been my personal experience, for what it is worth, that slaves are almost always more intelligent and sensitive than free women, who often, at least until taken in hand, tend to be ignorant, smug, vain, and stupid. Also, it might be noted that many women are enslaved not simply because it is convenient to do so, the ropes are handy, so to speak, or because they are beautiful of face and figure, but actually because of their intelligence and sensitivity, qualities which appeal to many Gorean men. Indeed, such qualities commonly raise a girl's price. Also, as I have suggested, the intelligence and sensitivity of many women actually tends to blossom in bondage, finding within it the apt environment for its expression, for its flowering. This may have to do with such matters as the release of inhibitions, happiness, fulfillment, and such."
- MAGICIANS OF GOR, Pg. 194
"Women such as you understand nothing of attractiveness. With you it is a matter of externals, of acting. Any true man sees through it immediately. You confuse the pretense with the truth, the artificial and imitative with reality. You think you could become attractive but merely choose not to do so. It is a delusion, as you understand these things. This permits you to console yourself with lies and, at the same time, provides you with an excuse for despising and belittling the truly attractive woman, thinking she is merely, as you would be, if you were she, acting. But this is not true. The source of a woman's attractiveness is within her. It is internal. It comes from the inside out. She is vulnerable, and desires men, and wishes to be touched and owned. This then shows in her body and movements, and in her eyes and face. That is the truly attractive woman."
- EXPLORERS OF GOR, Pg. 142-143
"Yet every part of a female body is beautiful to a Gorean, a hand, a wrist, an ankle, the back of a knee, the turn of a thigh, the sweet, soft hair, almost invisible and delicate, below and behind the ear. Each part bespeaks the glory and wonder and promise of the whole. I have heard Gorean men cry out with joy at the sight of a woman."
- SLAVE GIRL OF GOR, Pg. 236
"'Beauty and intelligence are all well and good,' I said, 'but the best slave is she who loves most deeply.'"
- MAGICIANS OF GOR, Pg. 204
"On Gor, to speak briefly, beauty is not stereotyped, or, if it is, if one wishes to speak in that fashion, there is a considerable number of such stereotypes, a large number of muchly desired types. Indeed, almost any woman, of any type, would be likely to find herself passionately desired, even fought for, on Gor by many men. But, to be sure, if she is a slave, she would have to serve them well."
- VAGABONDS OF GOR, Pg. 383
"I watched her gather twigs, how she walked, how she held them, how she returnd to the fire and, kneeling, sometimes glancing at me, placed them on the fire. As I had thought she was even then engaging in female display behavior. I had thought she would. I wondered if she were fully concious of what she did. I suspect she was only partly aware of it. And yet, clearly, I saw that she was excited. How subtly and marvelously she manifested her beauty. In so small a thing as the way in which a woman places a plate on the table before a man, of a twig upon a small fire, she may invite him to her rape. I do not think she was fully concious of how provocative she was. Yet, doubtless, she was intensely aware of my eyes upon her. I wondered if women knew how beautiful they were. I supposed not. Otherwise why would any of them be puzzled when they were enslaved. I observed her movements. She had begun to recognize her bondage, to understand, in her heart, that she was truly a slave girl."
- EXPLORERS OF GOR, Pg. 317
"The Gorean's concept of entertainment is perhaps simpler, or more subtle or broader than is that, doubtless, of many individuals in many other cultures. For example, he can enjoy watching a slave putting on her tunic or taking it off; he can enjoy seeing a woman chained, and rechained, many times, in many ways, each time being exhibited in her helplessness; and he can enjoy watching his slave working naked in the kitchen, or cleaning, or doing laundry or sewing; I think this is probably because he enjoys being with her, and finds her precious and beautiful."
- GUARDSMAN OF GOR, Pg. 240
"What woman could respect a man who is not strong enough to put her under the whip?"
- GUARDSMAN OF GOR, Pg. 102

"This was in full accord with Gorean law. Indeed, anything, for whatever reason, or without a reason, may be done to a slave."
- GUARDSMAN OF GOR, Pg. 115
While the slave who is found pleasing will often be treated well, a slave who is found lacking in any way, no matter how minute, is swiftly and very effectively corrected. Gorean masters are not accustomed to "settling," they know what they want and they expect it, especially from that which they own. Even a preferred girl will not find herself immune to the lash, for regardless of a master's affections, the most prized girl is corrected much the same as the least, if not even held to a higher standard of perfection and discipline.
Punishment can manifest itself in many forms, and can be evoked by any degree of insolence or displeasure, or even for no reason other then the master's whim. How punishment is carried out is often dependent upon the causative occurrence, the mood of the master, and what he is trying to achieve through the discipline. Goreans believe heavily in conservation of effort, meaning that they don't just "do" things without purpose. If a girl is to be disciplined, through it she is corrected, shown what will happen to her if she fails again, and often is taught a productive lesson through the actual punishment. The most is gotten out of the most effective way of handling a situation.
Goreans are also not wasteful, meaning that punishment, for the most part, will not permanently damage or disfigure the girl. Such things as "penalty brands" and "ear notching" do occur for certain infractions such as theft, but to a Gorean, marking or maiming a girl is counter productive and purposeless, excepting extreme circumstance. It makes no sense to mar the beauty of a girl you are trying to bring the beauty out of, and if the girl is that undesirable to you, sell her to another who might enjoy her more. It makes even less sense to keep something that you do not like or want, especially when the object has value that can be used towards the purchase of something else. She is not a "girlfriend" who has angered or spurned you and now demands your petty revenge, she is only a slave, an animal, an object, and as such can be passed on like any other thing that one grows weary of. Discipline and punishment on Gor, again, take a very logical and purposeful form, coinciding and complimenting the subject's overall training. It is not unknown for Gorean men to simply whip a girl because they themselves are angry about some outside thing, but this in itself also holds purpose, as it both releases the agression of the master, and again shows the girl that no matter how valued, she is still only a prized, rightless animal. Sometimes a man will beat a girl and not tell her why, leaving her own mind to fill in the blanks with things she knows she has done wrong. Things the master may or may not even truly know of.
There are no Laws defining how a slave may be punished or limiting the options involved, rather the Law supports the right of the owner to discipline his girl in any manner he chooses, no matter how extreme. Furthermore, the Laws of most cities support the punishment of an insolent or displeasing girl by any Free Person, regardless of ownership, so long as the property is not damaged or destroyed. Such is done to ensure that the girl is kept in a constant state of very real slavery, and does not slack when not under her master's eyes. Gorean owners are not offended by this, so long as appropriate, but rather see such as beneficial to the betterment of their property, for it insures the girl does not forget her place, keeping such continually in her mind and making her very aware of who is free and who is not.
It should be added that Gorean Masters commonly do not damage or destroy their property, or that of others. While this is possible, Goreans on the whole are very reasonable thinkers. A damaged slave cannot serve as well and loses value. A dead slave is worthless. So while these things could happen on Gor, and do, they are by far not the normal solutions to a disciplinary problem, especially a simple one. Starvation, deprivation of sex and general attention, confinement, humiliation, and the whip are all far more reasonable choices for a start. Gorean masters well understand the concept of self-mastery, and while a girl may anger them, the subject is still only a slave and no reason to lose one's self-control over. In the case of the property of another, it should be kept in mind that the girl, the object, is owned by another man just as any article of worth, and may well be valued by him. The Property Laws of most cities forbid the destruction or damage of something that is owned by another. A girl may be punished for insolence, but the wanton destruction of another man's property is not acceptable, and is not normal practice. If such does occur as a matter of accident or in rare circumstance that it is necessary and fitting, the one responsible is expected to pay the market value of the girl to the former owner. But again, such violation of another man's property is not something that men do out of habit or for any sort of entertainment. If it happens, as most anything to a Gorean, it has a valid reason.

"Insubordination in any form, of any sort, in even the tiniest, least significant degree, is not accepted from slave girls by their Gorean masters."
- PLAYERS OF GOR, Pg. 227
"It is one thing to be subject to the whip, and to know that that subjection is quite real, that the master can, and will, whip you, and well, if you are not pleasing, and something else to be actually whipped."
- MERCENARIES OF GOR, Pg. 420
"The whip on Gor, incidentally, though it is much in evidence, is seldom used. That it will be used, and promptly, if the occasion arises, is perhaps, paradoxically perhaps, why it seldom needs to be used."
- VAGABONDS OF GOR, Pg. 21
"Excellent slaves are seldom beaten, for there is little, if any, reason to do so."
- MAGICIANS OF GOR, Pg. 124
"I generally feel that pain, at least generally, should not be inflicted on a slave unless it is meaningful. There can, of course, be a point to generalized discomfort, even of a rather trivial nature."
- RENEGADES OF GOR, Pg. 326
"Perhaps it should only be added that the Gorean Master, though strict, is seldom cruel. The girl knows, if she pleases him, her lot will be an easy one. She will almost never encountered sadism or wanton cruelty, for the psychological environment that tends to breed these diseases is largely absent from Gor. This does not mean that she will not expect to be beaten if she disobeys, or fails to please her Master."
- OUTLAW OF GOR, Pg. 53
"The major point of the restraint is to restrain not hurt. Indeed, pain can interfere with many of the diverse subsidiary values of restraints, physical and psychological. It can be distractive. Pain is a bit like the whip. The slave is subject to the whip, and truly subject to it, but this does not mean that she is necessarily whipped; that she could be whipped, and will be whipped, if she is not pleasing, is what is important, not that she need be whipped. Why should one beat a pleasing slave?"
- RENEGADES OF GOR, Pg. 327
"'She is a slave,' I said. 'Anything could be done with her.'
'By her master,' he said. 'Not just anyone.'
'True,' I said. One did not have the right, for example, to kill or maim the slave of another, any more thean any other domestic animal which might belong to someone else. In this sense the slave is accorded some protection from free persons who do not own her in virtue of certain general considerations of property law. The power of the master over the slave, on the other hand, is absolute. He can do whatever he wishes with her. She belongs to him, completely."
- DANCER OF GOR, Pg. 90 - 91
"'Any free man may discipline an insolent or errant slave,' I said, 'even one who is the least bit displeasing, even one he might merely feel like disciplining. If she is killed, or injured, he need only pay compensation to her master, and that only if the master can be located within a specific amount of time and requests such compensation.' In virtue of such customs and statutes the perfect discipline under which Gorean slaves are kept is maintained and guaranteed even when they are not within the direct purview of their masters or their appointed agents."
- PLAYERS OF GOR, Pg. 235
"You cannot punish me!' she cried. 'You are not my masters!'
'Any free person can punish an errant slave girl,' I said. 'Surely you do not think that her behavior fails to be subject to supervision and correction as soon as she is out of her Master's sight?'"
- MAGICIANS OF GOR, Pg. 225

"Do not yield to the temptation of being weak with her. She loves you, but she must also fear you. She must know that you are not to be trifled with. She must know herself to be always within your discipline."
- MAGICIANS OF GOR, Pg. 466

"It is the duty of a slave girl to be fully and completely pleasing to men. Were she not so she would be subject to sever punishment, including even torture and death, should it be the master's wish."

Views: 4

Important (read & understand)

How to Contact us:Preferred Contact point

Email and Instant Messenger:

TravelerinBDFSM @ aol/aim;  hotmail; identi.ca; live & yahoo

OR

Travelingraggyman @ gmail and icq ***

Find us on Google+

Please vote for Our Site. You can vote once a day. Thank you for your support. just click on the badge below
Photobucket

OUR MOST RECENT  AWARD

1AWARD UPDATES & INFORMATION
10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award
100 votes - Copper Award

Member of the Associated  Posting System {APS}

This allows members on various sites to share information between sites and by providing a by line with the original source it credits the author with the creation.

Legal Disclaimer

***************We here at Traveling within the World are not responsible for anything posted by individual members. While the actions of one member do not reflect the intentions of the entire social network or the Network Creator, we do ask that you use good judgment when posting. If something is considered to be inappropriate it will be removed

This site is strictly an artist operational fan publication, no copyright infringement intended

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries had its humble beginnings as an idea of a few artisans and craftsmen who enjoy performing with live steel fighting. As well as a patchwork quilt tent canvas. Most had prior military experience hence the name.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries.

Vendertainers that brought many things to a show and are know for helping out where ever they can.

As well as being a place where the older hand made items could be found made by them and enjoyed by all.

We expanded over the years to become well known at what we do. Now we represent over 100 artisans and craftsman that are well known in their venues and some just starting out. Some of their works have been premiered in TV, stage and movies on a regular basis.

Specializing in Medieval, Goth , Stage Film, BDFSM and Practitioner.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries a Dept of, Ask For IT was started by artists and former military veterans, and sword fighters, representing over 100 artisans, one who made his living traveling from fair to festival vending medieval wares. The majority of his customers are re-enactors, SCAdians and the like, looking to build their kit with period clothing, feast gear, adornments, etc.

Likewise, it is typical for these history-lovers to peruse the tent (aka mobile store front) and, upon finding something that pleases the eye, ask "Is this period?"

A deceitful query!! This is not a yes or no question. One must have a damn good understanding of European history (at least) from the fall of Rome to the mid-1600's to properly answer. Taking into account, also, the culture in which the querent is dressed is vitally important. You see, though it may be well within medieval period, it would be strange to see a Viking wearing a Caftan...or is it?

After a festival's time of answering weighty questions such as these, I'd sleep like a log! Only a mad man could possibly remember the place and time for each piece of kitchen ware, weaponry, cloth, and chain within a span of 1,000 years!! Surely there must be an easier way, a place where he could post all this knowledge...

Traveling Within The World is meant to be such a place. A place for all of these artists to keep in touch and directly interact with their fellow geeks and re-enactment hobbyists, their clientele.

© 2024   Created by Rev. Allen M. Drago ~ Traveler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service