Drago's Adventures at the Vet Home

Day one arrived about 1030 in morning and started in here. After answering several pages of questions.  I found that the pee testing was also a requirement. Thus the body and their time did not agree. So I was put in a waiting area. That turned out to be the common seating area and where now the chairs have been removed and the sleeping cots set.

Meals I have found are 730, 1200, 17oo you stand in line and sign a roster.  Pick and choose food then sit eat throw away plate and return to what you were doing. For me it was sitting in the common area most of the day.

Showers are mandatory for cot allowance it seems.  Simple folding metal cots with a grey plastic covered 3-inch mattress.  In addition, a sheet and blanket are given out as the settings for them are done.  My pillow is my highway coat and liner stuffed in my hooded pullover.

Perhaps on the morrow I will be told more of how things are to progress. If one leaves they must sign out. Then back in when returns. Must be back by 2300, will find out if that is when things close down then.

I also have been told that when the medical clears you and a bed is available up stairs you are moved from common room to a 6 or 8 person room.

Showers to use right now are on the 2nd floor. Know nothing of the third at this time. You are given a simple shower kit. Moreover, right now no big towels are viable so got two what I would call dishtowels and two hand cloths to assist and dry with.  Currently they hang off the edge of the cot to dry overnight.

This eve in the common, area is a big TV it is ran with a vote with what is watched.  So far this eve true grit and a dvd movie that stuck in mid play so now we have the basketball game weeeeeeeeeeee.

Everything here is sign in sign that and if one messes up he sheet we have to refill out and resign allover that just happened with the cot list. Is first in line get the metal cot and mattress.  When those dozen are gone then mattress on floor is what is left.

I have reshuffled the bag contents. Now all the clothing and black bag of stuff is in the new brown bag that found this winter on a trip to the market in Dec it still had the red holiday bow on it when I found it.  New still folded up and ready to be given.  The back pack has the rest of things. Like meds laptop camera and other things that are small and easy carried. Been told where to store the clothing bag in a hallway with the other ‘common roomers’.  If important then keep with you hence why the shuffle to ensure if something goes it is clothing and not the other things.

So far some seem friendly. I have already been tagged with it is the Viking by the director here.  In addition, by one of the staff Hercules when I helped move the benches out of the common area so cots could go in.  Because I picked up the metal one in the center by self and moved them.

The outlets are limited, also in demand. Many here have some sort of cell phone that needs charged.  I was quick enough to get near one so could pug the laptop in to type this eve. Moreover, seemed to upset someone else that had sighted and planned to be where I currently am.  Nevertheless, was doing other things when the chair to cot common area shuffle started.

There are two resident dogs here an older white muzzled black lab, which has been dubbed ‘Sarge’.  The other is a cinnamon Shepard dubbed ‘Major”.  Very friendly and tolerates many things I see throughout the day.

I figure that after the 1700 meal I will sign up for shower and get it out of the way. Will at that time change into the track paints I have brought to sleep within.

A 1930 bible class in the mess hall was also called for those whom wanted.  Not mandatory that is good.

Oh desert has been called must go see.  To put that into perspective.  It is now 2157 and a lemon crumb like square just was consumed.  Lunch was two hot dogs with a bean mix and French fries.  Eve meal was meatloaf, mixed veggies, mashed potatoes with gravy.  Hell this is more than I have been eating per day at where I just came from for several months.  I did have one last pkg of the Italian sausage I have grown to enjoy before I left this morning as well.

All the items that were walked away from were stacked in a neat and orderly way in the room I was within. I do not know what or how he is to react nor do with them. After two weeks I have had no place to be. This place was the last resort for me to be at.

It did bother me that within he questions the drinking was repetitively brought up and hashed about.  How long did I, how long have I not, And other questions of it.

AN Hour left till pill time and their sign in dead line. Then I will find of what happens then.  I will see if I can do this each eve, the next step is finding a hot spot or open wireless system to get things going in that area as well.

Views: 632

Replies to This Discussion

Well this Saturday is hot and hot all over. Thunderstorms and heat warnings have been told to the area. Not much happening for few are moving. Last eve Derrick took again to the movies and Transformer 3 has been seen. And now I know where the Hard Rock Café is here in downtown Detroit as well. Walked pass it there and back. Lots of statues in this city. As well as the Old Mariner’s Church where the toll of the bell is for those who were lost upon the storms of the lake were heard in 1975.

On the morrow I will be sorting the inventory and finding the corresponding pictures to be refeatured. That should be interesting.

There is a person here that knows how to install the drivers for internet and things to help the computers come up to date more than the simple of the updated programs download from internet. Or the simple screen saver. And the standard helping of basic I do to them. Hopefully he will return and do so s-l-o-w-l-y so I can note of how and what so can do so as well with the rest of them as I get them done.

Also for the Veteran’s benefit paperwork they introduced me to the SSN of daughters, son and both mothers I have to provide. This will be interesting to see if I can get them. Vicki and Cori should be easy enough. Mom may have Mikki’s and perhaps Powder Monkey’s. Then Isabell’s is to be left to find.

So this afternoon will see what will be done or gotten into. Derrick is talking car wash will see what happens. And I have got a surprise for Denise just have to locate her address again so can send it.

Rained hard and flashing last night. This day was to sort and find of the pictures so can search and find them on the Hearth.

Found all mine and will try to organize and fix those which are mine as I can. Have found a few that will have to look for to see if I have them on the Hearth or will have to take another picture of them. Not too many of them.

Got a bit form all but Armor Div. & Cut of Style.  So I hope all are un featured by now so can feature what I have in hand.  Trinkets & Beads, Hall of Steel, Leather and Link, Beyond Special, Castle Life all will gain my attention if goes according to my thought of plan.

Other than that finished the book I was reading and going to the next. Do not know if will be a ‘holiday’ routine or full day on the morrow for the 4th but will find out if the lights go on at 6am or not.

Well this morning the lights did not go on at 6 am. So the first meal was again at 9 am. Also this week the room once again has the Kitchen Duties of cleaning serving and general stuff needed. So I am once again back to the sink and washing dishes. And wondering where is everyone else as they are as well to be there.

Also a group has the smart idea of doing a cooking on the bbq grill. This should be interesting. A combined effort. I added what little I had on the Bridge card to the effort now will see how it pans out. Did not seem as if many helped with the of things then again not really paying attention to the get things organized. Just going with the as things happen type of watching.

Asked of the councilor to day, and go the impression that 90% sure that he is gone and another will be assigned to me. Friday have doc and social worker appointment and Monday dentist. Along with the normal general routine that is weekly done here.

So now to read the next book and relax till the time to go wash dishes are upon me again at 1630. Well at least this computer I was given to use works as a great music player as well. So music and reading is many times when not doing appointments or creating within the computer room.

Well it seems that the bbq went without mishap. Ribs, burgers, chicken, and hot dogs. All throughout the afternoon they fed people. And it was good as well also a well different of things. So at 1814 the last of the chicken is still warm and the few burgers left are done. Ribs have been eaten or foiled and to be enjoyed later. Many are tummy happy. The first day of dishes is done and the week to come awaits.

So upon the fifth I have traded a  less ‘clicky’ keyboard, it is quieter when pressing the keys. Have gotten four units onto the, with the new split wire router moved to that table as well. Next is the basic standard setting of them. Have one more PEN4 to format. Most are 1GB of RAM a few is 768MB or 512MB as well.

There are several bodies I cannot use now because of the bettering the others of RAM. But have a few PEN3 that I think I can get up to 512MB as well with standard disc drives. Those will be mostly for the thrift store most likely. Will Keep as many of the PEN4 that I can but if need be will let go of the 512MB First.

Am using the 40 GB Hard Drives first to rebuild the units. Then to the 20 followed by the 18 16 14 then 10 if have that many I can place with highest of RAM as well. Never before played jig saw puzzle computer but am finding it is easier than I thought, No wonder the yuppie kids found the assembly of ‘custom’ computers so easy to fool the many and cost so much a few years back. Parts are parts and interchangeable is more then I realized till now.

Now mouse has screwed up and I have to figure out how to regain it. Seems the Dell mouse has passed away so the Logitech one has some out to play once again. Will have to find another Dell one across the hall on the morrow.

So now off to drown me self. Then read a bit more got another KOONTZ book. Slowly finding other books to read as well.         Was just presented with the Honor Herrington Stories All but one of them in fact. As well as one of the off shoot Shadow stories avg. over 600 pages to one over 1000 page paperback. Well they did keep me reading over the week end and most of last week.

Now upon the 9th I sit here in the cool of the mess hall to type. Too hot in the hall to sit in the window sun and heat trying to fight with signal. But messages were semi handled. Got one from Isabell and now must think of a reactionary wording to send to her. Why does it seems each time she types to me I am being yelled/chewed out/or told off?

One more meal this day and Sunday three for mess hall duties. Dishes are cleaned and many are just gone. It is good they can go somewhere and be absent from the duties asked of them.

Least night, no let me correct that this morning at 0300 something all hell went to the world. One of the roommates was up and not all there. With the light on. Another one of log on shoulder and quick explosive defense and growl disposition. Had words of the light on or off. TO the point security was called of course by the attitude of log and him being right the one not quite there was another 15 to 20 minutes back and forth. As all was said and done the one not quite there still returned the lights on. So little to no sleep for me. But right now that one is sleeping it off and resting quite well as I sit here typing.

I do not sleep well most nights with the lightness of the building in the window and the constant shuffling of the hall on the other side of the wall by my head. Or the checking in opening of the door. But this eve I hope to try sleeping better than the last eve.

Getting files and things reopened running on the new borrowed laptop. One that I am allowed to use and keep within 3 feet of my hand at all times. Or locked or beside head in pack when in room. So I should be able to once again get better with contacting and dealing with things. Hard line 9am till 11 am for the most part if can get into the Computer room here.

Got the Pentium 4 Dell’s rigged up fully with 1 GB or 768mb and in one or two 512mb RAM and all with 40 GB hard drives. All set as those I had done with screen savoir pictures and DVC_MVF requirements and things. Uniformed and done. Now onto the Pentium 3 with the 40GB hard drives then onto the 20’s. Max RAM is 512 they can handle I have found as well. So there will be a few of those for sale at the thrift store.

Yesterday’s doctor’s appointment resulted in being told not diabetic still. Cholesterol good and bad types are where the levels should be. Will be set up with an eye exam because of the hypertension/blood pressure issue. Hip and knee has yet to be addressed. But next week if all goes correctly I may get at least a name for the doctor to be assigned to me. I hope so. Also Monday is dentist and that will be interesting to find out what they plan on doing in there as well.

Yesterday was the Dentist. After three people looking at teeth. Poke, prod, impressions and looking more. After two hours I go back wed 1400 for the second round.

Cleaing, pulling of the impacted, perhaps a new frount tooth as well. Hopefully implant but another as the below has would be just as fine as well. It will allow me better bite and more enjoyment of doing so.

Other than that I have 6 current P# for sale working on the last three one at a time. But that is ok as well. Gives me time to get restarted here as well. Will read and look and think of things.

But the mind is not upon what I wish it to be upon. It is upon other things told to me not really made public yet yet waiting for the official words to be told.

Wondering of lost and alone much these last few days, and the of being so once agin creeps within the hollowness and leave nothing to be had.

Well it seems the time of Dentist is upon me. Monday 1400, Wed 1400 and now Friday 1400 and Tuesday coming 1300 for oral surgery. WEEEEEEE. The good news is that I get a front tooth and really clean teeth it seems.

Other than that nothing else is doing. With 2 hour appointments each time so far. The mornings have been Computer Room doings then off to the Dentist.

Did get Laundry done one morning. And a side job of stamping envelopes for AMVETS.

But little else. No jobs I am qualified for have rizzen to me attention. But strive further  to do so.

Have two of the 5 SSN needed for paperwork and will see what can do next. Also have SS being looked into after this long. Perhaps and 'offical' can get and 'offical' there to tell of it.

Also tired and not well. Hollow is being not well within and the lost is creeping back it feels as.

Well yesterday was  ok. Got the envelopes stamped for the AMVETS hopefully they will enjoy them.

At 1400 I am to be back to the Dentist and have more done. Also to find out of bridge and things.

Found the box oc optical mice today now all have light and rollers in the computer room. Found a ergo IBM one as well thinking of addopting it for use. Trying it out right now. Got blue lit roller and a third button that makes the browser go backwards. Red underneath light. Is Dull matalic blue and black.

Trying to get back into the swing of things on the Hearth as well. Most likely I am not as good as the Staff doing things but will try to do so. Next is to attempt the split browser posting I used to do.

On the Morrow we have an outing to the AMVETS lodge I stamped envelopes for will see what it entails then.

SO off to more figuring out what is in the storage room of computer stuff.

Monday hot sticky hot muggy hot storms coming hot.

Getting messages done and thinking of the week ahead. Also rerouting power cords and things in the computer room.

Breakfast was late this morning becasue those who were to show did not. ANd this afternoon is also a 'special' as well.

Sunday was a bible thumping experence that irritated me to the fullest.

Oral surgery on the morrow weeeeeeeee.

Big production yesterday at lunch. Political and Lady auxiliary Legion all wrapped into one. With the meal. But it was ok, other than the stupid of the regular people who have a chip and need to get over themselves.

Rain came late int he afternoon and was good amount in a short time. But did not cut the muggy nor heat. Right now this reads 80 to head to 93. And I get to walk down to Oral surgery by 1300.

Still have not faced the typing to Isabell I really do not know what to type and still feel as if being yelled at in her words.

Did start to retype resume and head started to pound. Spraying for bugs today so can not go lay down before have to go so will have to live with this. No access to rooms till after 1200 so no will be able till I return.

Well day before the grand dog and pony show. One more Dentist appointment next 29th before the three weeks they take off to other parts of the globe to take care of teeth.

Today head hurt so laid down most of the day. Did not get nay thing accomplished.

So not much to type upon. other than the Dentist visit. Which was the finishing of the standard cleaning. And setting up for the bridge for the new fount tooth. On the 29th most likely the small new cavity will be filled or dealt with. The hole seems to be an old item that once was filled but has lot it's filling. They are still surprised at the rather good and well condition of me teeth even for not Dentist visit nor over seeing. I did something good then.

Well all went off at 9. Breackfast was delyed till the opening scaremony. As well Lunch as well to compensate for it. Dinner was an hour early

Many of the same pople and orginazations that have to had go to were there. Nothing new other then pens to replensh my supply.

Rain by 1600 so it was all picked up and packed away till the morning to be once again placed out. Will see whom show this time.

RSS

Events

Important (read & understand)

How to Contact us:Preferred Contact point

Email and Instant Messenger:

TravelerinBDFSM @ aol/aim;  hotmail; identi.ca; live & yahoo

OR

Travelingraggyman @ gmail and icq ***

Find us on Google+

Please vote for Our Site. You can vote once a day. Thank you for your support. just click on the badge below
Photobucket

OUR MOST RECENT  AWARD

1AWARD UPDATES & INFORMATION
10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award
100 votes - Copper Award

Member of the Associated  Posting System {APS}

This allows members on various sites to share information between sites and by providing a by line with the original source it credits the author with the creation.

Legal Disclaimer

***************We here at Traveling within the World are not responsible for anything posted by individual members. While the actions of one member do not reflect the intentions of the entire social network or the Network Creator, we do ask that you use good judgment when posting. If something is considered to be inappropriate it will be removed

This site is strictly an artist operational fan publication, no copyright infringement intended

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries had its humble beginnings as an idea of a few artisans and craftsmen who enjoy performing with live steel fighting. As well as a patchwork quilt tent canvas. Most had prior military experience hence the name.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries.

Vendertainers that brought many things to a show and are know for helping out where ever they can.

As well as being a place where the older hand made items could be found made by them and enjoyed by all.

We expanded over the years to become well known at what we do. Now we represent over 100 artisans and craftsman that are well known in their venues and some just starting out. Some of their works have been premiered in TV, stage and movies on a regular basis.

Specializing in Medieval, Goth , Stage Film, BDFSM and Practitioner.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries a Dept of, Ask For IT was started by artists and former military veterans, and sword fighters, representing over 100 artisans, one who made his living traveling from fair to festival vending medieval wares. The majority of his customers are re-enactors, SCAdians and the like, looking to build their kit with period clothing, feast gear, adornments, etc.

Likewise, it is typical for these history-lovers to peruse the tent (aka mobile store front) and, upon finding something that pleases the eye, ask "Is this period?"

A deceitful query!! This is not a yes or no question. One must have a damn good understanding of European history (at least) from the fall of Rome to the mid-1600's to properly answer. Taking into account, also, the culture in which the querent is dressed is vitally important. You see, though it may be well within medieval period, it would be strange to see a Viking wearing a Caftan...or is it?

After a festival's time of answering weighty questions such as these, I'd sleep like a log! Only a mad man could possibly remember the place and time for each piece of kitchen ware, weaponry, cloth, and chain within a span of 1,000 years!! Surely there must be an easier way, a place where he could post all this knowledge...

Traveling Within The World is meant to be such a place. A place for all of these artists to keep in touch and directly interact with their fellow geeks and re-enactment hobbyists, their clientele.

© 2024   Created by Rev. Allen M. Drago ~ Traveler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service