NOTE: Please feel free to post gathering dates but NOT DIRECTIONS online; we will send directions to those who ask

SerpentStone

2011 Gathering Calendar

Ostara – March 25-27 at Splendor Hollow

Tennessee Beltane – May 6-8 at Splendor Hollow

Georgia Beltane – May 20-22 at Dragon Hills

Litha – June 24-26 at Splendor Hollow

Harvest – September 23-25 at Splendor Hollow

Tennessee Samhain - October 21-23 at YI Camp

Georgia Samhain - November 4-6 at Dragon Hills

Yule – December 9-11 at Owlhouse

We’d like to thank all of you who made the last gathering year so fantastic!  The love, sharing, wisdom, and joy you have all brought to the Family has shone out in so many ways.  With the mundane world becoming more stressful than ever, people have bonded together to help make it through and support each other through the rough times and the good.  Join us this year as we celebrate that bond, and help it grow, through our connection with the land, the Gods, and each other!

This year we return, in Georgia, to Dragon Hills, which is under new management.  The gatherings there will be a little different, as, due to new land rules, we will not be running the kitchen.  However, there will be supper provided Saturday night by Dragon Hills staff.  Please read the flyer carefully when it comes out, to watch for changes.  The property has been improved, with the Great Hall now open, and real flush toilets, etc.  Come and join us there and celebrate the return!

DIRECTIONS:

SPLENDOR HOLLOW

From I-40 exit at #432A (Sevierville / Hwy 411). Go approximately ¼ mile (Shell Station will be to your right) and turn left onto Highway 411 South.  Go approximately 7.5 miles (watch for “Forbidden Caverns” signs).  Turn left at Blowing Cave Road , go approximately 2 miles (passing Forbidden caverns on the right and then “Blowing Cave Church” on your left.  After passing church, make the first left turn onto Blowing Cave Road.  Go past the first house on the right and at the end of the rail fence, turn right to property (mailbox on left will read 733, and a Family Gathering sign will be posted).  Pull in through the gate.

YI CAMP

From Nashville -  Take I-24 East to Waldron Road (Exit 64).  Turn Right (East) on Waldron and go 1.5 miles to Murfreesboro Road (Walgreens on corner).  Turn Right (South) onto Murfreesboro Road and go 3.5 miles to second light (Fergus Road). Turn Left (Clayton Homes is on the corner) and go 0.9 mile to Jones Mill Road.  Turn Right and follow to the dead end.  There is a gate to your left for the camp (please close it after you so that the horses don't get out) and follow the dirt road to the end.  In front of you will be the dining hall, which is where you will register.

From Chattanooga: Take I-24 to exit 74, where you take the ramp onto I-840 for almost 2 miles, and then turn Right onto US-41.  Stay on US-41 {US-70} for just under 10 miles, and then turn Right (North) onto Fergus Road for 0.8 mile and then turn Right (Northeast) onto Jones Mill Rd.  Go 4.3 miles, where you turn Right and follow to the dead end.  There is a gate to your left for the camp (please close it after you so that the horses don't get out) and follow the dirt road to the end.  In front of you will be the dining hall, which is where you will register.

From Knoxville - Take I-40 West toward Nashville.  Merge onto TN-840 West via Exit 235 toward Murfreesboro.  Take Exit 61 (TN-266) toward Smyrna.  Turn Right onto W. Jefferson Pike (TN-266), and go 3.6 miles.  Turn Right onto Sam Ridley Pkway E/TN-266.  Fo 2.1 miles, and merge onto US-41 N/US 70S W/TN-1 W toward LaVergne.  Go 1.3 miles, and turn Right onto Fergus Road.  Go 0.9 miles, and then turn Right onto Jones Mill Road.  Keep left at the fork, and continue on th the dead end.  There is a gate to your left for the camp (please close it after you so that the horses don't get out) and follow the dirt road to the end.  In front of you will be the dining hall, which is where you will register.

The address is 599 Jones Mill Road, LaVergne, TN 37086

DRAGON HILLS

FROM ALABAMA:  Take the I-20 East towards Atlanta.  Take GA-100 exit, towards Tallapoosa/Bowdon.  Keep right at the fork in the ramp.  Merge onto GA-100.  Stay straight to go onto Tyus Road, which becomes Bowden-Tyus Road.  Turn right at the 4-way stop in Tyus onto GA Hwy 5 (there’s a BP station on the near left, and key’s Antiques on the opposite far right.) We are ¾ mile on the left after the 4-way stop.  The address is 2800 West Hwy 5.  There is a white mailbox and the number is on the mailbox, and the sign “RED HORSE STABLES” is there.  We are between mile markers 5 and 6 on Hwy 5, the second driveway on the left after Lollybump Road.  Follow the drive (the site is pretty far back) until you reach the registration gate (please drive slowly to avoid pets and farm animals).

FROM ATLANTA AND NORTH: Take I-20 West to Exit 34 (Douglasville/Hwy 5).  Turn left (South) onto Hwy 5.  Take Hwy 5 approximately 40 miles, through Douglasville, eventually crossing Alternate Hwy 27 at Whitesburg, and later Hwy 27.  You will pass through one roundabout in this stretch.  Continue straight on Hwy 5 through the second roundabout at Roopville, to a 4-way stop in Tyus (there’s a BP station on the near right, and Key’s Antiques on the opposite far left.  We are ¾ mile on the left after the 4-way stop.  The address is 2800 West Hwy 5.  There is a white mailbox and the number is on the mailbox, and the sign “RED HORSE STABLES” is there.  We are between mile markers 5 and 6 on Hwy 5, the second driveway on the left after Lollybump Road.  Follow the drive (the site is pretty far back) until you reach the registration gate (please drive slowly to avoid pets and farm animals).

OWLHOUSE

From I-75 South(Atl/Chatt) or I-40 West(Nash/M'boro):

40 east to Maryville/OakRidge exit (just after Lovell Rd) - go toward Oak Ridge - at the split after Pellissippi with Oak Ridge 62 west straight and 62 east to the right - go right - 62 East is Oak Ridge Hwy heading toward Knoxville - at the only traffic light you'll see (Walgreens on left/ Weigel's on Rt/ Hardees ahead on left) turn Left at the light - serious left curve - be careful - cross a small bridge - turn Right this is Emory Rd - go to the 3rd Left (the only + cross street) and turn left onto Chartwell (sign for Camelot II in brick), go to the dead end and turn Right onto Cornwall, go 3/4 way around the circle and see Excalibur Circle on the Right -

7301 is 1st house on left as you've just turned onto Excalibur Cir - grey/blue wood look with rock and lots of trees -

Parking can be anywhere on Excalibur circle as long as you Don't Block A Neighbor's Driveway please - parking in the yard is also acceptable with care - if there is no place left - come in and ask and we'll figure out somewhere to put the vehicle - call if you get lost

-------------------------------------

From Asheville I-40 from the East or VA I-81 from the North:

Follow I-40 West toward Knoxville around the 640/75 detour - pass by the I-75 exit staying on I-640 - exit on Clinton Hwy just feet after the I-75 turnoff - proceed on Clinton Hwy for 5 miles or so, passing *Kroger on the right, Wal Mart on the left, many trailer sales places on the left and Travco meats on the right - you will pass a Weigel's on the right at a light with Emory road coming in from your right (Food City on the hill on your Rt) - go straight on Clinton Hwy to the next traffic light where Emory Rd goes to the left (shopping center with Dollar General Market/ Papa Dom's Pizza) turn left onto Emory road -

Stay on Emory Rd past 2 sets of 'Barrington's'(fawncy sub division/villas), Norte Villa, the Duke and Duchess Hair salon, from here you will go up one smallish hill and then a 2nd longer incline - on the 2nd longer hill on the right you will see Yount Rd, Glastonbury, Oxmoor, then Chartwell Rd is on your right at Camelot II - turn Rt onto Chartwell.

At the bottom of the hill (stop sign) turn Rt onto Cornwall, follow the circle 3/4 way around - turn Rt onto Excalibur Cir - 1st house on Left as you turn in - see house description above..........

Parking can be anywhere on Excalibur circle as long as you Don't Block A Neighbor's Driveway please - parking in the yard is also acceptable with care - if there is no place left - come in and ask and we'll figure out somewhere to put the vehicle - call if you get lost __________________________

From I-75 North (KY)

Follow I-75 to Callahan Rd - take Callahan Exit and turn Rt onto Callahan Rd - follow Callahan to the 1st major intersection which is Clinton Hwy - turn Right onto Clinton Hwy- you will be right at Kroger/ Walmart, etc - see * directions above and follow to 7301 Excalibur Cir -

Views: 3

Important (read & understand)

How to Contact us:Preferred Contact point

Email and Instant Messenger:

TravelerinBDFSM @ aol/aim;  hotmail; identi.ca; live & yahoo

OR

Travelingraggyman @ gmail and icq ***

Find us on Google+

Please vote for Our Site. You can vote once a day. Thank you for your support. just click on the badge below
Photobucket

OUR MOST RECENT  AWARD

1AWARD UPDATES & INFORMATION
10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award
100 votes - Copper Award

Member of the Associated  Posting System {APS}

This allows members on various sites to share information between sites and by providing a by line with the original source it credits the author with the creation.

Legal Disclaimer

***************We here at Traveling within the World are not responsible for anything posted by individual members. While the actions of one member do not reflect the intentions of the entire social network or the Network Creator, we do ask that you use good judgment when posting. If something is considered to be inappropriate it will be removed

This site is strictly an artist operational fan publication, no copyright infringement intended

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries had its humble beginnings as an idea of a few artisans and craftsmen who enjoy performing with live steel fighting. As well as a patchwork quilt tent canvas. Most had prior military experience hence the name.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries.

Vendertainers that brought many things to a show and are know for helping out where ever they can.

As well as being a place where the older hand made items could be found made by them and enjoyed by all.

We expanded over the years to become well known at what we do. Now we represent over 100 artisans and craftsman that are well known in their venues and some just starting out. Some of their works have been premiered in TV, stage and movies on a regular basis.

Specializing in Medieval, Goth , Stage Film, BDFSM and Practitioner.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries a Dept of, Ask For IT was started by artists and former military veterans, and sword fighters, representing over 100 artisans, one who made his living traveling from fair to festival vending medieval wares. The majority of his customers are re-enactors, SCAdians and the like, looking to build their kit with period clothing, feast gear, adornments, etc.

Likewise, it is typical for these history-lovers to peruse the tent (aka mobile store front) and, upon finding something that pleases the eye, ask "Is this period?"

A deceitful query!! This is not a yes or no question. One must have a damn good understanding of European history (at least) from the fall of Rome to the mid-1600's to properly answer. Taking into account, also, the culture in which the querent is dressed is vitally important. You see, though it may be well within medieval period, it would be strange to see a Viking wearing a Caftan...or is it?

After a festival's time of answering weighty questions such as these, I'd sleep like a log! Only a mad man could possibly remember the place and time for each piece of kitchen ware, weaponry, cloth, and chain within a span of 1,000 years!! Surely there must be an easier way, a place where he could post all this knowledge...

Traveling Within The World is meant to be such a place. A place for all of these artists to keep in touch and directly interact with their fellow geeks and re-enactment hobbyists, their clientele.

© 2024   Created by Rev. Allen M. Drago ~ Traveler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service