- TRIBESMEN OF GOR, Pg. 44
"Following him, in a black haik, was a woman. Suddenly I was startled. As she passed me, her stride small and measured, I head the clink of light chain, the sound of ankle bells. She was slave. She turned her head, briefly, to look at me; I saw her eyes, dark, through the tiny opening in the haik, through the tiny, black-lace screen, about an inch in height and four inches in width. Then, with a rustle of chain, and the tiny music of her bells, she turned swiftly, following her master. Beneath the haik, I supposed her collared, naked."
- TRIBESMEN OF GOR, Pg. 44-45
Those of the Tahari also commonly dress their slaves in what are known as "walking chains." These are designed to limit the girl's stride, creating a natural, but measured step that is deemed appealing. More on this can be found in the "Chains and Such" section of this site.
TORVALDSLAND
Kirtle
Though not described in exact detail, the Kirtle of Torvaldsland seems to be a single garment of white wool, that runs from the shoulders to the ankles. It is asssumed that the clothing is so long, due to the climate of the North, but even so, it is generously cut, from neck to belly, and sleeveless, to expose much of the girl.
"She was blond; she was barefoot; she wore an ankle-length white kirtle, of white wool, sleeveless, split to her belly."
- MARAUDERS OF GOR, Pg. 81
"Gunnhild, angrily, with two hands, jerked her kirtle to her waist, and stood straight, proudly before the Forkbeard, her breasts, which were marvelous, thrust forward."
- MARAUDERS OF GOR, Pg. 85
Thrall Tunic
Male slaves in Torvaldsland are clad in simple, white tunics of hurt wool.
"Men in the fields wore short tunics of white wool; some carried hoes; their hair was close cropped; about their throats had been hammered bands of black iron, with a welded ring attached."
- MARAUDERS OF GOR, Pg. 82
THE WAGON PEOPLES
Chatka, Curla, Kalmak, and Koora
Slave attire amongst the Wagon Peoples almost universally comes in one form, that of a single outfit comprised of four pieces, one of red cloth, another a red cord, and two of black leather. This form of dress is known as "clad Kajir."
"Among the Wagon Peoples, to be clad Kajir means, for a girl, to wear four articles, two red two black; a red cord, the Curla, is tied about the waist; the Chatka, or long, narrow strip of black leather, fits over the cord in front, passes under, and then again, from the inside, passes over the cord in back; the Chatka is drawn tight; the Kalmak is then donned; it is a short, open, sleeveless vest of black leather; lastly the Koora, a strip of red cloth, matching the Curla, is wound about the head, to hold the hair back, for slave women, among the Wagon Peoples, are not permitted to braid, or otherwise dress their hair; it must be, save for the Koora, worn loose. For a male slave or Kajirus, of the Wagon Peoples, and there are few, save for the work chains, to be clad Kajir means to wear the Kes, a short, sleeveless work tunic of black leather."
- NOMADS OF GOR, Pg. 30
"The red cord, or Curla, was knotted about my waist, tightly, the knot, a slip knot, might be loosened with a single tug over my left hip. Over the Curla in the front, slipping under the body and between the legs, and passing over the Curla in the back, was the Chatka, or narrow strip of black leather, some six inches in width, some five feet or so in length; it was drawn tight; when a girl wears the Curla and Chatka, the brand, whether on left or right thigh, is fully visible, for the inspection of masters. I also wore a brief, open, sleeveless vest of black leather, the Kalmak. I wore a broad Koora, which, kerchieflike, covered most of my head."
- SLAVE GIRL OF GOR, Pg. 328-329
Kes
The Kes is an article of clothing reserved for male slaves of the Wagon Peoples, which to them is likewise referred to as "clad Kajir." Usually such slaves, when found, are kept in work chains.
"For a male slave, or Kajirus, of the Wagon Peoples, and there are few, save for the work chains, to be clad Kajir means to wear the Kes, a short, sleeveless work tunic of black leather."
- NOMADS OF GOR, Pg. 30
THE BARRENS
Slave attire amongst the Red Savages of Gor's Barrens is not given a particular name. Clothing for slaves is usually fitting to the culture of the people of the plains, and futher, to the nature of what the girl is. Though the following quote suggests the clothing described is often used to dress 'white slaves,' it can be assumed that general slave attire in this region holds some strong similarities.
"About her throat, narrow, sturdy and closely fitting, was a steel collar. I stepped back, that I might see her better. She wore a short, fringed, beaded shirtdress. This came up high on her thighs. It was split to her waist, revealing the sweetness and loveliness of her breasts. It was belted upon her with a doubly looped, tightly knotted rawhide string. Such a string is more than sufficient, in its length, and in the strength and toughness, to tie a woman a number of ways. She was barefoot. About her left ankle there was, about two inches high, a beaded cuff, or anklet. Her garb was doubtless intended to suggest the distinctive, humiliating and scandalously brief garment in which red savages are sometimes pleased to place their white slaves."
- SAVAGES OF GOR, 102
THE FROZEN NORTH
In the frozen lands of Gor's Polar North, the Red Hunters dress their slaves in garments made of material meant to protect them from the frigid surrounding climate. Even so, the articles produced are still made with the consideration that a slave is to be clothed in them, and that such should be pleasing to the eyes of men. Of note is the addition of the 'binding fiber' design, indicative of slave girls or beasts.
"Before he had left, he had them sew northern garments for themselves, under his instruction. From the furs and hides among the spoils at the wall they had cut and sewn for themselves stockings of lart skin, and shirts of hide, and a light and heavy parka, each hooded and rimmed with lart fur. Too, they had made the high fur boots of the northern woman and the brief panties of fur, to which the boots, extending to the crotch, reach. On the hide shirts and parkas he had made them sew a looped design of stitching at the left shoulder, which represented binding fiber. This designated the garments as those of beasts. A similar design appeared on each of the other garments. About their throats now, too, they wore again four looped strings, each differently knotted, by means of which a red hunter might, upon inspection, determine that their owner was Imnak."
- BEASTS OF GOR, Pg. 175-176
"Even with girls used to slavery, who have well learned their collars, of course, the chain never loses its meaning. Masters commonly use it, even with experienced girls. It never looses its effect."
- ROGUE OF GOR, Pg. 172

"Chains, as is well known, often enhance, and incredibly so, the beauty of a female. This matter is doubtless partly aesthetic and partly emotional and intellectual."
- GUARDSMAN OF GOR, Pg. 240
The use of chains by Gorean men is done for a variety of reasons. The most obvious is custodial - for restraint and tethering - but chains are more often seen as an addition to the slave's beauty and appeal, and something that can both stimulate a girl and make the condition of her slavery shockingly real to her. In fact on Gor, chains are not really seen foremost as a means of preventing escape, for the Gorean slave really has nowhere to run once she has been branded and collared. They are instead objects of beauty, looked upon as a form of jewelry, and also a clear message as to who is in control, who is master.
"But the greatest beauty of the chain, like that of the brand and collar, doubtless lies in the realm if the intellect and emotions, in its meaning, and how it makes the girl feel."
- GUARDSMAN OF GOR, Pg. 242
The effect of wearing chains on the girl herself is dramatic. In them she knows very clearly what she is, and that all around her are even more aware of this. She feels she cannot escape, and that she is trapped, helpless, a slave before the men who have so enslaved her, men whose power she is in. This has the effect of stimulating the female, making her very aware of her sexuality, her submission, her slavery, and of the strength of men. She knows that she cannot escape them, and so chained, she is helpless as a female before them, to serve or be used as they please. Often girls will come to love wearing chains, not just for the feel of them, a feel they have grown to enjoy, but for the effect they know such things have on the men who see them.
"The effect of a chain, or a rope, on a woman's sexuality is sometimes incredible."
- ROGUE OF GOR, Pg. 169
Chains on a girl are beautiful to a man in many ways. The construction of the chains and any connecting rings can in themselves be of fine design, almost taking on the appearance of jewelry and adding to a girl's appearance. How the chain moves on her flesh, hangs from her body, drags behind her if long, or is carried in her hands if there is slack, all compliments the natural curves of the girl and can be very appealing to a man. This aesthetic appeal is a result of the simple addition to her own beauty that a fine chain can be, and because chains themselves are a very visual and overt display of a girl's slavery and a man's ownership of her. Chains have a way of making a slave appear even more a slave, and of awakening the natural dominance in man.
Chains can also be used to create pleasing displays through their manipulation by the master. Some chain designs are made to allow the slack to be used to create certain movements and positions, usually though a system of multiple chains, hoops and bracelets. How a chain is placed on a girl can also effect how she will look, often simply in the way they hang on her, but also in how they influence her actions. Even the most basic of chains can also be obviously taken in hand by the man, and through its use, direct the girl as the master wishes. In this way, chains are often placed on a girl in a manner that makes the direct and indirect control of her movements easier for the owner, and of course more pleasing. Obviously also, this control impresses upon the girl her place, and the fact that the man who has chained her can do to her as he pleases.
"There are many things, clever, subtle exciting things a girl may do with such a chain; some of thse were shown to me, and others I invented, sharing them with other girls at the tavern. One thing that was shown to me was the slave bridle; the male takes the light chain back between the teeth of the girl and holds it, together behind her neck, thus, too, pinning her hands there, helplessly; he then contols her by means of the bridle; my own invention was the chain kiss; one clasps the leg with the chain against the interior of the thigh, and then, from the side of the knee, one begins to kiss the leg, one's lips and teeth hot about the chain; the male feels both the chain and her mouth, biting and kissing, climbing the chain; she climbs the chain and descends it, and climbs it again, until he orders her to leave it."
- SLAVE GIRL OF GOR, Pg. 341
Slave Bracelets and Ankle Rings
The common form of Gorean Slave Bracelets is a simple design meant to attach to the girls wrists, bringing them within close proximity of one another, and limiting range of movement. It is referred to as the "three-linked" slave bracelets due to the obvious three links which connect the braceleted wrists.
Ankle Rings are the compliment to Wrist Bracelets, connecting the matched lower extremities much in the same fashion as the other. The difference between the two is that while Bracelets are more cuff-like, Ankle Rings are more like the name suggests, rings. This is due in part to the necessity of their being more loose and flexible, a necessity considering that a girls movements in walking, and the possibility of unwanted chaffing. The chain that connects these rings can vary in length with the mood and intent of the master.
"But this time I expected that her ankles would not be as though chained, her wrists as though braceleted; she would wear the linked ankle rings, the three-linked slave bracelets of a Gorean master."
- RAIDERS OF GOR, Pg. 55
Fetters
Fetters are the heavy slave bracelets of the north lands. They are less finely crafted than the southern alternative, and are of a thicker and heavier sort.
"A chain formed of slave bracelets; each pair of bracelets locked at each end about one of the bracelets of another pair, the whole thus forming a circle. Now they removed this chain of bracelets, and, one by one, removed the pairs, closing them about the small wrists, behind their backs, of the female captives, now bonds-maids. These bracelets were of the sort to hold women in the north. They are less ornate and finely tooled than those available in the south. But they are satisfactory for their purpose. They consist of curved, hinged bands of black iron, three quarters of an inch in thickness. On one of each of the two curved pieces constituting a bracelet there is a welded ring; the two welded rings are joined by a single link, about an inch in width, counting both sides, each of which is about a quarter of an ich in diameter, and three inches long. Some of the girls cried out with pain as the fetters, locking, bit into their wrists."
- MARAUDERS OF GOR, Pg. 46
Walking Chains
Used primarily in the Tahari regions, the Walking Chain is an ankle chain precisely measured to the size and shape of the girl, and preference of her owner. Its purpose is to limit the girl's stride, creating a natural, but measured step that is deemed appealing.
"The use of a light walking chain, teathering the ankles, meant to be worn abroad, accompnaying the master, incidentally, is not uncommon in the regions of the Tahari. A beautifully measured gait is thought, in the Tahari, to be attractive in a woman. There is dispute as to the desirable length of the stride, and the chain may be adjusted accordingly. To me it seems obvious that one must experiment with the given girl. Height and hip structure vary."
- TRIBESMEN OF GOR, Pg. 45
"I paused before a given stall, where light, walking chains were being sold. They were strung over racks rather like parrot perches. Without much haggling, I bought one, which seemed to me pretty. They are adjustable, with rings, from a length as small as two inches, for security, to a stride length of about twenty inches. Two keys are provided, each of which fits both ankle-ring locks."
- TRIBESMEN OF GOR, Pg. 48-49
Dancing Chains
Chains of the sort a dancer might wear are themsleves crafted to be beautiful; thin, gleaming chains meant to catch the light as much as the eye. They are usually given much slack, meant to hang from the girl and move with her motions, often being incorporated into her actual movements. Commonly they are only placed on the upper body, with the ankles remaining free for obvious reasons.
"The girl in the long, light chain, smiled at me. She, at any rate, was pleased by my response. A wrist ring was fastened on her right wrist. The long, slender, gleaming chain was fastened to this and, looping down and up, ascending gracefully to a wide chain ring on her collar, through which it freely passed, thence decending, looping down, and ascending, looping up, gracefully, to the left wrist ring. If she were to stand quietly, the palms of her hands on her thighs, the lower portions of the chain, those two dangling loops, would have been about at the level of her knees, just a little higher."
- KAJIRA OF GOR, Pg. 185-186
"She wore a golden metal dancing collar about her throat, golden chains looped from her wrists, gracefully to the collar ring, then fell to her ankles; there are varieties of Tahari dancing chains; she wore the oval and collar; briefly, in readying a girl, after she has been belled and silked, and bangled, and has been made up, and touched with slave perfume, she kneels, head down in a large oval of light gleaming chain, extending her wrists before her; fastened at the sides of the top of the oval are two wrist rings, at the sides of the lower loop of the oval two ankle rings; the oval is then pulled inward and the wrist and ankle rings fastened on the slave; her throat is then locked in the dancing collar, which has, under the chin, an open snap ring; with the left hand the oval is then gathered together, so the two strands of chain lie in the palm of the left hand, whence, lifted, they are placed inside the snap ring, which is then snapped shut, and locked; the two strands of chain flow freely in the snap ring; accordingly, though the girl's wrists and ankles are fastened at generous, though inflexible limits from one another, usually about a yard for the wrists and about eighteen inches for the ankles, much of the chain may be played through, and back through, the collar ring; this permits a skillful girl a great deal of beautiful chain work; the oval and collar are traditional in the Tahari; it enhances a girl's beauty; it interferes little with her dance, though it imposes subtle, sensuous limits upon it; a good dancer uses these limits, exploiting them deliciously; for example, she may extend a wrist, subtly holding the chain at her waist with her other hand; the chain slides through the ring, yet short of the expected movement; the chain stops her wrist; her wrist rebels, but is helpless; it must yield; her head falls; she is a chained slave girl."
- TRIBESMEN OF GOR, Pg. 215
The Body Chain
The Body Chain is a multi-purpose device, used as both a form of jewelry and a means of securing one's property. Its links are sturdy, but not overly heavy, and are of a design that is meant to be attractive, yet still serviceable as a means to restrain and safeguard. Its design enables it to be worn in a number of ways, dependent upon how the chain is looped and draped on the girl. Often such devices are further decorated with bits of inexpensive gems and colored beads.
"The loop on the body chain was five feet in length. It was made to loop the throat of a woman several times, or, by alternative windings, to bedeck her body in a variety of flashions. The chain was not heavy, but, too, it was not light. It had a solid heft in one's hand. It was closely meshed and strong. It could be used, if a man wished, and perfectly, for purposes of slave security. It was decorated sensuously with colorful wooden beads, semiprecious stones and bits of leather. Detachable, but now attached to the chain at one point were two sets of clips, one of snap clips and one of lock clips. It is by means of these clips that the chain can be transformed from a simple piece of slave jewelry into a sturdy and effective device of slave restraint."
- ROGUE OF GOR, Pg. 71-72
The Sirik
The Sirik is a common multi-chain design considered very beautiful and appealing to Gorean men. It consists of a central chain running from loop cloar to the floor, and two crossing chains which connect to the central and radiate out to the wrists and ankles, which are bracleted. The chains themselves are usually light and graceful, with much slack given, as the intent is not so much to restrict the girl's movements, overly, as it is to accent her beauty and appeal.
"Then, when I was absolutely naked, a golden collar, to which a chain was attached, with wrist rings and ankle rings, was brought. It was a chaining system of that sort called a Sirik. My chin was thrust up and I felt the golden collar locked about my throat. Almost as the same time my wrists, held closely together before me, were locked helplessly in the wrist rings. In another instant, my ankles, held, were helplessly in the ankle rings. A chain then ran from my collar to the chain on my wrist rings and from there, the same chain, to the chain on my ankle rings. My ankle rings chain was about twelve inches in length, and my wrist chain was about six inches in length. The central chain, where it dangled down from the wrist rings, lay on the floor before the throne, before it looped up to where it was closed about the central link of the ankle ring chain."
- KAJIRA OF GOR, Pg. 185-186
"The Sirik, a light chain favored for female slaves by many Gorean masters; it consists of a Turian-type collar, a loose, rounded circle of steel, to which a light, gleaming chain is attached; should the girl stand, the chain, dangling from her collar, falls to the floor; it is about ten or twelve inches longer than is required to reach from her collar to her ankles; to this chain, at the natural fall of her wrists, is attached a pair of slave bracelets; at the end of the chain there is attached another device, a set of linked ankle rings, which, when closed about her ankles, lifts a portion of the slack chain from the floor; the Sirik is an incredibly graceful thing and designed to enhance the beauty of its wearer; perhaps it should only be added that the slave bracelets and the ankle rings may be removed from the chain and used separately; this also, of course, permits the Sirik to function as a slave leash."
- NOMADS OF GOR, Pg. 42
"Swiftly my master's new girl was locked in the light, gleaming Sirik. The collar clasped her throat; a chain dangled from the collar; her small wrists were locked in the slave bracelets fixed on the dangling chain, and the dangling chain, itself, looped down to a short chain and pair of ankle rings, to which it was gracefully fastened at a sliding ring. The ankle rings were then closed about the lovely ankles of Slave Beads, and locked. She was helpless in Sirik. The confinement became her. She was beautiful."
- SLAVE GIRL OF GOR, Pg. 158
The Work Sirik
The Work Sirik is a variation on the common Sirik, but more slack is given to better let the girl accomplish her duties.
"The chain she wore was a work Sirik. It resembles the common Sirik but the wrists, to permit work, are granted about a yard of chain. Like the common Sirik, it is a lovely chain, Women are beautiful in it."
- KAJIRA OF GOR, Pg. 145
The "Four Chains"
The "Four Chains" is similar in purpose to the Sirik, though not entirely in design. While the Sirik's chains focus on the central chain, to which the five extremities are connected, the "Four Chains" produces a box like effect, linking ankles and wrists in a sort of rectangle.
"His girls served nude and chained. Each ankle and wrist ring had two staples. Each girl's wrists were joined by about eighteen inches of chain and similarly for her ankles. Further each girl's left wrist was chained to her left ankle, and her right wrist to her right ankle. This arrangement, lovely on a girl, produces the 'four chains,' from which the establishment took its name. The four-chain chaining arrangement, of course, and variations upon it, is well known upon Gor."
- EXPLORERS OF GOR, Pg. 42
Slave Strap
A Slave Strap is a buckled, heavy, leather article, used to constrict the movement of a girls arms and hands, keeping them held before her and close to her body.
"She wore a slave strap, a heavy strap, buckling in the back. In the front, at her belly, there was, fixed in the strap, a plate and ring. Through the ring passed a chain, of come five inches in length, each end of which terminated in a bracelet. Her hands were confined before her body."
- HUNTERS OF GOR, Pg. 65
Harl Ring
Harl rings are a simple, but versitle device used in the confinement and safe keeping of slaves. It can be used to tether the girl, and be further interconnected with the Harl rings of other girls to create an effective coffle for restricted and secure transportation.
"They were Harl rings, named for the slaver Harl of Turia, who is reported to have first used them. They consist, in effect, of four portions. First, there is a metal ankle ring, which snaps about the girl's ankle. Second, to the back of the ring, there is welded a closed loop. Third, to the front of the ring, fastened through another closed loop, is about a yard of chain. Fourth, this chain terminates in a locking device, which may then be snapped shut, if one wishes, through the welded, closed loop on the back of a second ankle ring. The Harl ring is a versatile piece of custodial hardware. It may be used to chain a girl to anything, say, about a tree, or stanchion, or the ankle of another girl, and then locked about its own chain, or through one of the links of its own chain. The chain, of course, may also be looped about, say, a tree, or a pillar in a public building, and the locking device snapped into the welded ring on the back of the girl's own anle ring. This is called a closed Harl Loop. One of the most frequent uses of the Harl ring, of course, is to form a segment in a slave chain, which may then be of any length, adding or removing girls, as short or long as the slaver wishes."
- HUNTERS OF GOR, Pg. 208
The Iron Belt
The Iron Belt is a sort of Gorean "chastity belt" that is used by masters to insure that their slaves will not be sexually used. Primarily this contraption is placed on virgins, also known as "white silk girls," to keep their virginity intact. It can also be used as a form of punishment by placing the object on a girl to deprive her of sexual use, a very effective form of discipline, especially to the girl that has grown to know a bit of her collar and the touch of men. Common slave girls who are not virgins are rarely placed in such an article, unless for punishment as stated. This is due to the fact that most Gorean masters really do not object to common slave rape, but it is not to say that all do not, in all circumstances, particularly not with preferred slaves.
"She also wore an iron belt. This belt consisted of two major pieces, one was a rounded, fitted, curved, barlike waistband, flattened at the ends; one end of this band, that on the right, standing behind the woman and looking forward, had a heavy semicircular ring, or staple, welded onto it; the other flattened end of the waistband, looking forward, had a slot in it which fitted over the staple; the other major portion of this belt consisted of a curved band of flat, shaped iron; one end of this flat band was curved about, and closed about, the barlike waistband in the front; this produces a hinge; on the other end of this flat band of iron is a slot; it fits over the same staple as the slot in the flattened end of the left side of the barlike waistband. The belt is then put on the woman in this fashion. The waistband is closed about her, the left side, its slot penetrated by the staple, over the right side; the flat U-shaped band of iron, contoured to female intimacies, is then swung up on its hinge, between her thighs, where the slot on its end is penetrated by the staple, this keeping the parts of the belt in place. The whole apparatus is then locked on her, the tongue of the padlock thrust through the staple, the lock then snapped shut."
- KAJIRA OF GOR, Pg. 103
"I felt then the encircling clasp of metal closed about my waist, and then, swinging up between my legs, another piece of metal. These things were fastened in place, the right side, and the lower portion, hasplike, over the staple on the left side of the apparatus. The whole was then secured behind my back with a padlock. Once again I wore an iron belt."
- DANCER OF GOR, Pg. 99
The Slave Hobble
The Slave Hobble is an object used, as the name would suggest, to hobble a slave. Primarily, it is used to severely limit the movement of a girl, often kept in a kneeling position. By the description, it would be assumed that in the kneel, the girls arms would be behind her back.
"The slave hobble consists of two rings, one for a wrist, the other for an ankle, joined by about seven inches of chain. In a right-handed girl, such as either Aphris or Elizabeth, it locks on the right wrist and left ankle. When the girl kneels, in any of the traditional positions of the Gorean woman, either slave or free, it is not uncomfortable."
- NOMADS OF GOR, Pg. 154-155
The Slave Sack
The Slave Sack is a simple apparatus used to cover the entire body of the girl, thus blinding and disorienting her, the latter due to the enclosure itself which can produced an almost claustrophobic effect. This is often used for transportation, especially in the case of not wanting the girl to know where she is being taken, or others to see her being transported.
"One of the simplest and most common is the slave sack, into which the girl, gagged, and with her hands braceleted behind her back, is commonly introduced headfirst. These devices have in common the feature of ensuring the total helplessness of the slave and, if one wishes, her ignorance of her destination, route and such."
- VAGABONDS OF GOR, Pg. 125
Slave Stocks
Slave Stocks are much the same as the historical confinement device of the same name, found on Earth. It consists of a bench and two series of hinged boards which close on the wrists and ankles, locking each pair parallel to the other, and immobile. The slave is made to sit on the bench and align her hands and wrists with the first board of each corresponding pair. The second, matching board are then each closed around the extremities they are to confine, locking by means of a hasp and staple method. In effect, the slave is left sitting in the "stocks," her wrists and ankles each encased in a wooden board that is attached to the overall device. This is a highly effective means of punishment and longer term confinement.
"'Put you hands on the armwrests,' I said, 'but back behind the slot in the armwrests. I will tell you when to bring them forward.' I then slid the lower board of a hinged pair of boards, with matching semicircular openings, into position in the slots in the armrests. The height of this bottom board came about a hurt above the level of the armwrests. 'You will now bring your hands forward, placing your wrists in these semicircular openings.' I told her. She did so, in an almost unreal, trancelike fashion. I then swung the upper board up, on its hinge, and then down and over the lower board. I then, with the attached clip, using the hasp and staple, locked the two boards together. 'You are now in wrist stocks,' I told her. I then thrust two clips through the matching rings, one set on the stock and armwrest to my left, the other on the stock and armrest to my right, securing the stocks in the armrests. 'You are now in wrists stocks held on the benches,' I said. 'Although the prisoner is unable to reach any of the devices of closure another might be able to do so. Thus, if one wishes, these devices could be locked into place.'
She tried to withdraw her hands, but could not do so.
'Put your ankles back,' I said.
I guided them into their places. The ankle stock is a simpler device, as the read board is part of the bench. I then found the front board and fixed it in place. I then stepped back to regard her.
'Either the wrist or the ankle stocks would serve to keep you in place.' I said. However, the wrist stocks may be removed from the bench and serve as its own bond, if one wishes.'"
- VAGABONDS OF GOR, Pg. 254

"She lay beside me. She fingered the chain depending from her collar. 'I love being chained,' she said.
'Chains are useful in impressing her slavery on a woman,' I said.
'They leave little doubt in her mind so as to who is master,' she smiled."
- ROGUE OF GOR, Pg. 169
"I then watched the two slaves, in their chains, continuing their serving. They, too, serving in their chains, were a part of the entertainment, as much as the music of Tasdron's musicians in the background."
- GUARDSMAN OF GOR, Pg. 240
"I looked at the girl, now after her long days of suffering and flight at last a captive, her slender wrists encircled at last by Thorn's hated bracelets, beautifully wrought bracelets, like many, of exquisite workmanship, bright with color, set even with jewels, but like all slave bracelets, of unyielding steel."
- OUTLAW OF GOR, Pg. 62
"There, held by a snap catch against the silken lining of the great cloak, looped, in coils, there hung a set of light chains. I could not determine the exact arrangement of the chains, coiled as they were. There seemed, however, to be a longer chain, which was a base chain, and two smaller, subsidiary chains. At one end the base chain was attached to a rather small neck ring, but suitable for closing about a woman’s neck; at the other end it was attached to one of the subsidiary chains, about a foot long, and terminating on each end with a ring; these rings looked as though they might fit snugly about a woman’s ankles; the other subsidiary chain seemed to be placed about two feet or so below the neck ring; at its terminations were smaller rings, which looked as though they might close snugly, locking, about a woman’s wrists.
'What is that?' I asked.
'It is called a sirik,' he said.
I wondered what chains like that would feel like on my body. They looked very graceful. They were doubtless flattering. Too, they would hold me quite well."
- KAJIRA OF GOR, Pg. 126
"The girls were chained throat to throat, their wrists locked behind the small of their backs with slave bracelets, and the knelt in the customary position of Pleasure Slaves."
- PRIEST-KINGS OF GOR, Pg. 13
"In more sophisticated Gorean banquets, incidentally, the serving slaves often change costume and jewelry, and sometimes chains, with each course of the meal, their ensembles and accessories being matched to the various courses."
- GUARDSMEN OF GOR, Pg. 241
"Lola had put the two slaves in chains for the dessert course. That seemed a delightful and subtle touch."
- GUARDSMAN OF GOR, Pg. 241

"I looked at the incredibly lovely girl in the mirror, she bedecked in a rope of red silk, made-up, perfumed, vulnerable, soft, with armlets and bracelets, golden beads intertwined in the Turian collar."
- SLAVE GIRL OF GOR, Pg. 261

"Slave beads, too, and such simple adornments, bracelets, earrings, cosmetics, perfumes, and such, are well known for their effect in arousing the passions not only of the women themselves, but too, it must be admitted, sometimes of their masters."
- VAGABONDS OF GOR, Pg. 50
Besides actual clothing, there are many other forms of raiment which might be selected for a slave girl to wear. These objects, as often does the clothing, are selected not only to enhance the appearance of the slave, but to instill a very real and concious impression upon her of the reality of her slavery, and often, to stimulate her as a slave. In this sense, clothing and raiment in general serve multiple purposes, and in effect even prove to be useful tools in training the girl, and bringing out the potential within her.
JEWELRY
"The women in bondage present, who served us, each wore four golden rings on each ankle and each wrist, locked on, which clashed as they walked or moved, adding their sound to the slave bells that had been fixed on their Turian collars, and that hung from their hair; the ears of each, too, had been pierced and from each ear hung a tiny slave bell."
- NOMADS OF GOR, Pg. 90
Many different forms and styles of jewelry can be chosen by a master to adorn his slave. These range from the cheap and gaudy, to items of splendor that might even be more valuable than the slave herself. What is chosen depends totally upon the desire of the master and the mood he seeks to create. Cheap articles are the ones most often chosen for girls, given to stimulate and thrill the slave, as much as to wear. Coins and flashy objects that look far more expensive then they cost, are the usual fair for paga sluts and girls set to serve the pleasures of men more publicly. Dancers too are adorned in this fashion, in noisy gleaming objects meant to catch the light and eyes of masters. Girls that are the prized possessions of their owners might well be draped in fantastic jewels, thus being a walking object of envy, and a display of the wealth of the owner.
What is listed below gives some idea of the more common types and styles, but even in reading through the quotes presented, other forms also become apparent.
Bracelets, Armlets, and Anklets
Circles of silver and gold are sometimes given by owners to their girls to wear. These often have a look to them that is fitting for a slave girl, that of something wild, brazen, barbaric, primal, sensuous, or simply confining in their beauty. Sometimes a number of these will be placed on the girl, adding to the effect, but also creating something of a "music" in their clashing in response to her movements. It should be well noted that such jewelry, for all its possible worth and finery, looks very fitting on a slave, for it creates the obvious effect of something locked on her extremities, binding her, ready for a chain, and marking her as a female so decorated by the men who possess her. Often these will be further hung with bells, small baubles, gems, or fine thin chain. Sometimes girls are allowed to keep these things until they are taken away; more often they are simply given for a night's use.
"The girl was naked, save that she wore many strings of jewels and armlets. Too, she wore bracelets and anklets of gold, which had been locked upon her, and were belled. Her collar, too, was of gold, and belled. A single pearl, fastened in a setting like a droplet, on a tiny golden chain, was suspended at the center of her forehead."
- ROGUE OF GOR, Pg. 10-11
"'If you win for us,' Albrecht said to her, grinning down from the saddle of the kaiila, 'this night you will be given a silver bracelet and five yards of scarlet silk.'"
- NOMADS OF GOR, Pg. 74
Bina or Slave Beads
The word "Bina" is Gorean for "Slave Beads." Such items are simple, cheap baubles, meant to be attractive upon a girl and enhance that girl's attractiveness, but also to be seen as inexpensive, for the girl, jewelry or not, is still only a slave. Often these are made of wood or glass, or other similar objects simple in nature, and they are carved and shaped, painted or possibly even etched with a design.
"The most exact translation of 'Bina' would probably be 'Slave beads.' They were valueless, save for being a cheap adornment sometimes permitted imbonded wenches."
- SLAVE GIRL OF GOR, Pg. 82
"She carried, in her hands, serveral strings of beads, simple necklaces, with small, wooden, colored beads. They were not valuable.
She held the necklaces up for me to see. Then, with her finger, moving them on their string, she indicated the tiny, colored, wooden beads. 'Da Bina,' she said, smiling. Then she lifted a necklace, looking at it. 'Bina,' she said. I then understood the "Bina" was the expression for beads, or for a necklace of beads. The necklaces and beads which Eta produced for me were delights of color and appeal; yet they were simple and surely of little value."
- SLAVE GIRL OF GOR, Pg. 81
"Slave beads are commonly cheap, made of wood and glass, and such. Who would waste expensive beads, golden droplets, pearls, rubies, and such, on a domestic animal? Still they are very pretty, and slaves will wheedle and beg for them. Indeed, they will compete desperately, zealously, sometimes even acrimoniously, for them. And they, such deliciously vain creatures, know well how to use them, adorning themselves, enhancing their beauty, making themselves even more excruciatingly desirable! Among slaves a handful of glass or wooden beads may confer a prestige that among free women might not be garnered with diamonds."

Views: 17

Important (read & understand)

How to Contact us:Preferred Contact point

Email and Instant Messenger:

TravelerinBDFSM @ aol/aim;  hotmail; identi.ca; live & yahoo

OR

Travelingraggyman @ gmail and icq ***

Find us on Google+

Please vote for Our Site. You can vote once a day. Thank you for your support. just click on the badge below
Photobucket

OUR MOST RECENT  AWARD

1AWARD UPDATES & INFORMATION
10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award
100 votes - Copper Award

Member of the Associated  Posting System {APS}

This allows members on various sites to share information between sites and by providing a by line with the original source it credits the author with the creation.

Legal Disclaimer

***************We here at Traveling within the World are not responsible for anything posted by individual members. While the actions of one member do not reflect the intentions of the entire social network or the Network Creator, we do ask that you use good judgment when posting. If something is considered to be inappropriate it will be removed

This site is strictly an artist operational fan publication, no copyright infringement intended

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries had its humble beginnings as an idea of a few artisans and craftsmen who enjoy performing with live steel fighting. As well as a patchwork quilt tent canvas. Most had prior military experience hence the name.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries.

Vendertainers that brought many things to a show and are know for helping out where ever they can.

As well as being a place where the older hand made items could be found made by them and enjoyed by all.

We expanded over the years to become well known at what we do. Now we represent over 100 artisans and craftsman that are well known in their venues and some just starting out. Some of their works have been premiered in TV, stage and movies on a regular basis.

Specializing in Medieval, Goth , Stage Film, BDFSM and Practitioner.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries a Dept of, Ask For IT was started by artists and former military veterans, and sword fighters, representing over 100 artisans, one who made his living traveling from fair to festival vending medieval wares. The majority of his customers are re-enactors, SCAdians and the like, looking to build their kit with period clothing, feast gear, adornments, etc.

Likewise, it is typical for these history-lovers to peruse the tent (aka mobile store front) and, upon finding something that pleases the eye, ask "Is this period?"

A deceitful query!! This is not a yes or no question. One must have a damn good understanding of European history (at least) from the fall of Rome to the mid-1600's to properly answer. Taking into account, also, the culture in which the querent is dressed is vitally important. You see, though it may be well within medieval period, it would be strange to see a Viking wearing a Caftan...or is it?

After a festival's time of answering weighty questions such as these, I'd sleep like a log! Only a mad man could possibly remember the place and time for each piece of kitchen ware, weaponry, cloth, and chain within a span of 1,000 years!! Surely there must be an easier way, a place where he could post all this knowledge...

Traveling Within The World is meant to be such a place. A place for all of these artists to keep in touch and directly interact with their fellow geeks and re-enactment hobbyists, their clientele.

© 2024   Created by Rev. Allen M. Drago ~ Traveler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service