a.. Etiquette: All slave behavior whether in actual service or with the online experience has certain boundaries and expectations from those in Dominance. One could say they are "rules" but I have a mild dislike for that word and prefer to just think of it as good slave behavior. The online rules are a little different from how a slave would behave in direct relation to service to a Mistress or Master in his everyday life but not really THAT different. There are "irc'isms" that are mainly online but take for instance.... the "karta" which is a position of obeisance performed whenever a slave enters a Gorean home and is asked to "beg" entrance to that home. If I were spending a day with My slave and had guests over (non-vanilla of course), and he/she entered the room, I would expect them to perform the karta and ask to be allowed the grace of our presence. This is an excellent example of how I do incorporate Gor into My life. Once he has been admitted into our presence, he may come and go freely in service and need not do that over and over. (unless I just get a wild hair and decide to command it of course)

a.. Slave Positions: I don't know how much time any of you have spent in real service but if you know and respond to slave positions you may know some form of these positions already. These are specifically Gorean although I have a theory that John Norman "borrowed" them from those created by the "Old Guard" gay leather community in the 60's. I find them very pleasing. Some positions are for "use of a slave" (sexual) and some are just pleasing to look at or command. I enjoy the training and afterwards I enjoy seeing a slave obey and assume the position I have commanded. It puts this satisfied smile on My face and gives Me a warm fuzzy feeling in My tummy.. I am going to try to comment on the positions which will be time consuming but will grow with time so check back every now and then if you want to see My own commentaries on them.

a.. Specific Serves: I think that for a slave to be taught to do specific serves is a good exercise in the scope of her/his slave training. Owners might tweak them to their specific needs but I do think it's better if the basic serves are taught and then specifics commanded when the serve is requested. For instance, in serving coffee (referred to as blackwine in Gor) it's better to teach them a basic serve and then to tailor it to taste with each serve. It will allow for less mistakes and a smoother service experience. I am going to link you to the pages of a girl that will be an excellent source and a wonderful to emulate. Do NOT steal her serves. Once you read a few you will get the hang of it and can interject your own personality and passion into them. Most of the serves on Gor can be refitted for everyday life... be creative.
Slave Positions in Text Form: Bara - lie on belly, forehead touching the floor, ankles crossed, wrists crossed at the small of her back.

Belly - lie on belly, ankles crossed, arms at her sides, chin to the Master's boots.

Bracelets - standing with hip turned to the side, head turned to the left, shoulders straight, wrists crossed at the small of her back waiting to be bound by the Master.

Bracelets Kneeling - kneels and thighs spread (closed for whitesilk), back arched slightly, arms extended, wrists crossed, head high and eyes lowered in submission.

Crawl - on all fours, crawling on knees and elbows, keeping head lowered, ass high in the air, stopping at the Master's boots.

Collaring - kneels, leans her body back on her heels, extending her arms, crossing her wrists, lowering her head between and beneath her arms, lowered in submission.

Display - stands with feet parted shoulder width, back arched slightly pressing breasts forward, arms up, fingers clasped behind her head, chin straight, eyes lowered while the Master views the slave before Him.

Gorean Bow - kneeling, bending her body back, her head touching the floor, placing her hands at her head, lifts to a back bend...very difficult to hold position very long.

Gorean Usage Position - falls to all fours on the floor, head straight, eyes looking forward, ass high in the air, thighs split wide awaiting sexual use by her Master.

Hair - standing with feet shoulder width apart, bends from the waist, wrists crossed at lower back, head down so hair falls about her face, to be seized or whatever the Master wishes.

Heel - kneeling to the left and just behind the Master, thighs parted, back straight, head high, eyes lowered, awaits further instruction.

Heel Standing - stands to the left of her Master and just behind, eyes lowered, hands crossed at the small of her back, awaits further instruction.

Lead - stands behind the Master, feet shoulder width apart, bending at waist, brings her cheek to His hip so that He may lead her as He wishes.

Leasha - kneeling in nadu, thighs parted wide, back facing the Master, arching her back, wrists crossed at the small of her back, head turned to the left so that Master can attach a chain and slave bracelets.

Leasha Standing - similar to kneeling, feet parted shoulder width and head turned to the side.

Master's Kiss - He pulls her hair so that her head is back, raping her lips with His, biting and sucking on her bottom lip before kissing her exposed neck.

Nadu - kneeling before the Master, thighs parted, back arched forcing breasts forward, head high, eyes lowered, hands upon her lap, palms open up to the moons, showing her submission and that she conceals nothing.

Obedience - drops to her belly, crawling to her Master, hands at her sides, leaves small kisses to show submission to Him.

Prostate - kneeling with thighs parted, bringing chest/cheek/forehead to the floor, arms outstretched in front, fingers splayed. Position used when begging to enter a channel.

SheSleen - fall to all fours, head to the ground, ass thrust high in the air, a slave is expected to perform her regular duties without the use of her hands, using only her mouth, not permitted to speak or rise.

Slavers Kiss - she falls to all fours, lowers her head to the ground, ass high in the air, legs parted exposing slave heat, awaiting the touch of the leather upon her body.

Slave Lips - remaining in nadu, puckers her lips, raising her head, remains motionless until granted a kiss from her Master.

Submission - kneels at her Master's feet, bringing her cheek to His boots, taking His right foot placing it upon her neck, wrists crossed at the small of her back.

Sula - lies on her back, arms at sides, palms up, eyes lowered, legs parted widely, left knee bent slightly allowing Master to view, she remains in this position until the Master chooses to use her.

Sula Ki - similiar to Sula but with legs parted, hips lifting slowly for the Masters pleasure.

Table - on all fours, head straight out, back straight, remain motionless to be used as footstool or table.

Tower - kneeling with thighs together, back straight, head high, eyes lowered, hands open on her thighs, used when serving a Mistress or if a whitesilk.

Whipping Position - kneels bringing her forehead to the floor, moving all her hair forward so her back is exposed for the whip, arms crossed in front of her.

Essentials of a Serve

A proper serve is a picture, and the Master's, Mistress's and visitors can only picture what you describe or tell them. Be descriptive, adding touches of yourself, your eyes, your hair, your body movements, the color of your silks, etc.. Paint a portrait of yourself!

After the Master or Mistress tells you what they desire, there are basically 9 steps that you should take. Modify each step for the proper order...add style to your serve!

1. ACKNOWLEDGE: thank the Master/Mistress for their order, and your desire to serve.
2. GO: take 3 steps hence, turn and go to the serving area, be descriptive in your actions.
3. CONTAINER: select the correct serving vessel...make sure the drink/food fits the vessel.
4. WIPE: wipe the vessel clean, preferably with a clean rep cloth, not your hair.
5. FILL: fill the vessel with the drink/food ordered.
6. RETURN: return to the Master or Mistress...be descriptive in your actions.
7. KNEEL: if for a Master, kneel nadu; if for a Mistress, kneel tower-unless requested otherwise.
8. PRESENT: bring the vessel to heart for 3 full beats, you may say a short prayer for the One being served, then to your lips for a kiss of submission to the vessel's SIDE.
9. SPEAK: tell the Master or Mistress what you have brought them, and the pleasure it brought you to serve them.

Types of Slaves on Gor

Bondmaid: a slavegirl used in Torvaldsland

City slave: a slavegirl in any of the cities of Gor, her duties are largely domestic, in the apartment cylinders.

Coin girl: a slavegirl who is sent out to the streets of a city to earn money for their Masters. Usually in the form of sexual favors.

Display slave: a slavegirl whose only duty is to display her beauty which reflects the affluence of her Master or Mistress.

Field slave: a slavegirl (or male slaves) who cultivate the fields of crops, and harvest the crops.

Kettle slave or pot girl: a slavegirl whose main function is that of cooking and other menial tasks in the servery.

Luck girl: a slavegirl who is the mascot onboard a ship, her use is restricted to the captain, but occasionally shared with the crew as a disciplinary action.

Mul: a human slave, used by the Priest Kings.

Paga slave: a slavegirl in a paga tavern or inn, she is used to serve domestically or any other way the customer sees fit.

Pagar kajira: a pleasure slave.

Passion slave: a slavegirl who has been bred for a particular trait, like beauty, slave heat, or the shape of her lips, etc..

Pleasure slave: a slavegirl whose primary use is sexual servitude to her Master or Mistress.

Sa-fora: any slavegirl.

Scribe slave: a slavegirl who has been taught to read and write, she keeps the books and records data. She is not above cooking or cleaning, or warming her Master's or Mistress's furs.

Side-block girl: a slavegirl who has been sold for a fixed price from the side-block of a slave auction house.

Silk girl: denotes a slavegirl from the southern cities.

Tavern slave: the most common type of slavegirl. Also referred to as kettle-and-mat-slaves. They cook, clean, serve and are used to warm the Master's or Mistress's furs at night.

Tower slave: a state owned slavegirl in any of the cities of Gor, she is used largely for domestic duties.

One cannot travel through IRC Gor and not notice the different colors of silks worn by the slaves, both owned and tavern slaves. This is to acquaint those who seek knowledge of the colors of the silks worn.

WHITE: The white silk slave does not mean she is virginal. It does mean, however, she is reserved for her Master or Mistress's sole use. White silk slaves are usually permitted to serve drinks, food, and engage in conversation. Their sexual use is forbidden. The white silk slave does not use the term "slave heat" except in serves to their owners. The slaves owner will place restrictions on her if she is to be used by Him/Her alone.

RED: This is the silk of a pleasure slave. She may be used by any that desire her, but, she may also be reserved for the sole use of her owner. Master's/Mistress's will place restrictions on their redsilk slaves as they desire. A redsilk slave is considered to be well trained in all ways of pleasure, sexual, dancing, serving and conversation.

YELLOW: This is usually a tavern owned slave. The use of yellow-silk slaves is negotiated with her owner...she may be rented and her uses may include sexual services at the owners discretion.

GREY: This is the silk of a State-owned slave.

PURPLE: This is the silk reserved for slaves devoted entirely to the Priest Kings.

SEVEN PURPOSES OF A SLAVE COLLAR:

1. The slave collar visibly designates a girl as a slave.

2. The slave collar impresses her slavery upon her, making her more aware of her position.

3. The slave collar clearly identifies her Master/Mistress.

4. The slave collar enables her to be leashed easily.

5. The slave collar makes it easier for her Master or Mistress to use various ties and restraints.

6. The slave collar is beautiful upon the neck of a slavegirl.

7. It pleases the Master's/Mistress's to do so.

Expert: arani_CsA
Date: 8/26/2007
Subject: slave training slowed to a crawl

Question
arani_CsA,

i have been in slave training for a wonderful Master, but since i divulged to him about my abusive childhood, he has been supportive in one sense, but appears to have backed away in another. i am getting counselling as an adult survivor of childhood abuse and my counsellor has already said that i developed excellent coping skills by myself, but Master is now wanting to slow things down a bit because he wants to be sure that i came into the relationship understanding what i was getting into versus trying to get away from the traumas of the past. Firstly i do appreciate where he is coming from, but i have proven to be a much stronger person mentally than most and have succeeded where most have failed. i started the counselling on his instructions and see that it may help iron out the few remaining glitches, but not do much else because i have moved on with my life, thirty years after the abuse took place. My problem is that my slave training (Gorean) was very intense, keeping me constantly learning, being punished for errors and plenty of things to memorize. i am a person who has always required a heavy amount of mental stimulation, being an above average learner, and thrive best when kept constantly busy both physically and mentally, but if i am not mentally kept busy and can avoid thinking about things because i am bored, i can easily slip back to thinking about the abuse, feel sorry for myself, get very bored, lean towards laziness/apathy and eventually this will lead me to just seek out more mental stimulation elsewhere. Master does not appear to understand any of this, nor does he realize that lowering the intensity level of my training, though intentionally meaning to not push me over the edge regarding my trauma, is actually doing the opposite because i learnt to cope on my own years ago and am known for the strength i built up. my slave training has slowed to barely a crawl. my daily activities include sitting and waiting for Master to come home, when i am at his place, not knowing when he will be home, not allowed to read or do anything, and i am finding that annoyance is creeping in, as well as anger, frustration and i am finding that i am now thinking about my abuse and it is threatening my very mental stability as well as my respect, love and trust of my Master. i have tried to ask is Master is losing interest in his slave or if slave has done something wrong, but he punishes me for that as he says i will always be his slave. Before he wanted to have me be his slave 24/7 by the end of the next two years and now he has extended that to 5 years saying that we need time to let our relationship grow before we commit to that. Before he wanted to punish me regularly, even when i wasn't in error and would take me to different places to let me become accustomed to being a slave in public, now the toys and bondage equipment rarely comes out and the punishments are sometimes left to the next morning, or as in today, till Monday. Before, he was concerned that my counselling would turn me into a Mistress, but i have explained a few times to him that that would never happen because i already knew that i wanted the submissive role and have lived a similar life to a slave, but willingly and enjoy doing things for him, but now when i explain this he just says that he is not being hard enough on me, yet he does nothing to be harder. i want him to be harder on me, to push me more, to drive me more, to teach me more, to help me set smaller goals in between, to give me deadlines, to let me work towards my slavery with the enthusiasm and fast pace that i enjoy and was doing when we first started. my slavery now seems no different to my regular life with my children. my children leave my home in a mess and have little respect around my home, but i keep on top of that and get things on track. my work is boring and no longer stimulating. i go to Master's home and i still do the same things as i do in regular life, but would do for him without a second thought and without instruction, even if i was not his slave and just his girlfriend or wife. my training at Master's consists of housework, sitting by the door until he comes home who knows when, sitting in my corner to do nothing until he needs me whilst he now plays cards on his computer, filling his glass, occassionally servicing his other needs (private) and sleeping in my corner. i am learning nothing, losing hope in my slavery, feeling ignored by my Master, unsure of how to communicate this to him, unable to even get him angry enough to make him snap out of this, and wishing that i had not been honest with about my childhood as it has seemingly destroyed everything. i love my Master, but i am dying inside because i know my own mind, my strengths and my weaknesses, know my limits/abilities/etc. and know how to rise to find strengths that i have not yet discovered within myself when called to do so. i am brutally honest, caring, love to serve, and am devoutly loyal, but i feel that i am losing everything. i feel that my Master either is being overly kind, feels disgust for me but won't tell me, is feeding me words to shut me up, ignores me otherwise, and has given me this training collar for what? For a piece of memorabilia or as a play toy? Master was going to give me till December to earn my permanent collar, now it seems that it may be a year or more, but if this is what training is then why wait a year? i have had 20 years of practice doing housework, entertaining myself, and being ignored. What's the point in waiting because all it is doing is making me nervous, insecure and unsure of myself when i was confident, secure and happy within myself before i had to go through the unnecessary hell of reliving a part of my life where justice will never be served and i have moved on from it. Please can you advise me?

Answer
Hello...

Thanks for coming to me with your problem. I will do what I can to help you find a solution.

You say that you are being trained in Gorean slavery. Since I am a Gorean slave myself, and have been for almost 9 years, that gives me a bit more of a perspective on where you are coming from. I gather, from what you have said, that you are new to Gorean slavery. Has your Master ever owned and trained a slave before?

First of all, Masters -- whether they be Gorean or otherwise -- are not trained educators or psychologists. They have usually had no one to show them how to master a slave, or how to understand a woman's unique psychological make-up, or have any deep understanding of the particular needs of a survivor of abuse like yourself. There is a lot more to training a slave than just sitting back and telling her what to do while you reap the benefits, but unfortunately I have found very few men who understand this.

Secondly, in a BDSM household, the slave's needs govern the relationship. I have often heard it said that the submissive is the one who has the real control in the relationship. She is allowed limits, has a safeword, and basically is allowed to specify when she will serve as well as where and how. A Gorean slave doesn't have that. In a Gorean M/s relationship, the slave's needs simply don't matter. It is all about the Master, and his needs.

A big part of slave training has to do with helping the slave to put aside her own needs. She must learn that it is not she who determines how she must serve, but the Master. If it is his desire for her to sit on a chair for hours, doing nothing, then that is his right.

In addition, in a Gorean household, a slave must often take on the majority of her own training. Instead of sitting around and waiting for her Master to tell her what to do, it is her duty to learn to observe him very closely and determine his needs without having to be told. She must, on her own, learn what changes she needs to make in herself in order to meet those needs and to become more pleasing to her Master. And then she must set about making those changes. That may mean learning how to cook his favorite foods, or it may mean learning how to find the inner serenity that will allow her to sit quietly until he needs her.

There is much more to being a slave than being submissive. In fact, I don't have a submissive bone in my body. Oh, I'm certainly obedient. If I wasn't I would surely be punished. But being pleasing has much more to do with being obedient. It means having the initiative and the creativity to figure out what your Master wants without him having to take the time to tell you. Your duty is to make life easier for him, whatever that means. Personally, there are many times when, if my Master has to give me a command, that I feel I have failed as a slave.

When my current Master collared me seven years ago, I initially had a great many rituals to perform on a daily basis. My daily routine was rigidly controlled, and I had to report to Master on a regular basis. But then there came a point when he was assured of my obedience and my ability to do what he needed me to do. At that point, he turned my training over to me, myself. It is up to me to figure out what I need to do, not just to keep a clean and well-run house, but to improve myself physically and mentally. He lets me know when I'm not doing what he wants me to do -- sometimes. At other times, I know I'm doing the right thing because he's not correcting me.

There is actually a reference to this very thing in the Gorean books. I don't have the exact reference handy, but there is a place where a slave is told something like this (paraphrased): "Do you know who your best trainer will be? You, yourself, as you learn to use the gifts and the creativity that you were born with, to seek how to be what your Master wants you to be."

It may be that your Master is expecting you to learn patience, to learn that inner stillness that will allow you to sit quietly and wait on him. Just because he hasn't told you this doesn't mean it isn't so. I have a very active mind, myself, and if I have to sit for any length of time it starts to wander off in areas that sometimes cause me to get into trouble. But there are ways to learn to do just that.

Perhaps you could ask your Master to allow you to research ways to enable you to find that inner serenity and stillness. It might be through finding something to do to keep your hands busy, with sewing or reading or something similiar. It might mean learning to meditate or use some similar method. Study how monks and others who lead a life of contemplation learn to control their thoughts. (I see a great deal of similarity between slavery and these men and women who choose a life of contemplation in service to their God. They learn to subdue their own needs and desires, and even their very thoughts, to open themselves up to what God wishes to show them. No, slavery or Gor are not religions, but there is a great deal of spirituality to be found in slavery.)

Lastly, speak openly to your Master about what you are feeling. Masters find it very pleasing when their slaves reveal to them, without having to be told, their inner thoughts and desires. I guarantee he will be flattered when you ask him for help. He may tell you to go find the solution on your own, and then present him with options and allow him to choose which he wants you to follow.

As you said, you already know how to clean house and prepare his food and drink. There is apparently something else your Master wants you to learn, and perhaps he is wanting you to figure out what that something is.

Good luck to you,
arani_CsA,
devoted property of Clampius_Arelius

Slavery is cultural for Goreans. They know it is something a woman can be."
- EXPLORERS OF GOR, Pg. 107

"Female slavery is the institutionalized expression, in a civilization congenial to nature, of the fundamental biological relationship between the sexes. In the institution of female slavery we find this basic relationship recognized, accepted, clarified, fixed and celebrated."
- SAVAGES OF GOR, 193 - 194
Slavery is a culturally accepted institution upon the planet Gor. It is not something tolerated or decidedly approved, but rather, is a normal part of life that is seen not so much as an addition to society, as it is simply a part of the natural order of mankind itself. It is a societal institution, developed in accordance with nature, rather than in conflict with it. Slavery on Gor is a very real manifestation of the Gorean belief in the natural ascendency of the strong over the weak, and in this way is not considered something evil, or solely oppressive. Those that are slaves are made so by those that are stronger and more capable than them, thus they are regulated to a position that is natural to them, before those who in reality are their "masters." In a sense though, they are not even made slaves by those around them, but in a way reach this condition by the simple fact that that is what they are meant to be, with the actual enslavement being just an external realization of what has long existed within, be it known to the subject prior to this or not. And in being what it is that is inside them, in living the role that is proper for them, even if that of a slave, fulfillment is found, for the real truth of one's life has become one's existence. Those who are enslaved, and stay slaves, are what they were meant to be. Most slaves are those that were formerly free, with those born and bred into the actual legal status of slavery being much fewer in number. These people become enslaved through a variety of means and conditions, but the collar usually finds "its own." Even those who when free held positions of power and command may one day be enslaved. Due to failure or some personal failing, be it weakness, inability, foolishness, or simply a mistake they made, these people find themselves in a collar, which to Goreans, is where they belong. In this way, even those that are strong may find themselves lowered to slavery, learning in a very real way the cost of failure and the price of errors made. Those that deserve to be free remain free, or will find their freedom.
"Any woman, properly mastered, makes an excellent slave."
- MAGICIANS OF GOR, Pg. 143
Regarding the sexes, women are more often made slaves than are men. This is in part due to the biological differences between the two sexes, and is based in many ways on natural instinct and inclination. Man, in his natural state, is the dominant sex, while the female, likewise in the natural state, is the submissive. Gorean civilization has developed in harmony with these basic biological ideas, with society being a rational development of them and not a contradiction of nature. On a planet such as Gor, women are simply not as capable physically to defend and protect themselves against the general environment, or the opposite sex itself. While women are not seen as inferior to men, especially not in an intellectual sense (intelligence is actually much encouraged and prized), they are naturally weaker than the men around them, and given the hostile nature of the land's wildlife and peoples, are far less able to retain their freedom or survive if left to their own means. Women also possess a natural, biological inclination to be submissive to strong men, born of the same instincts that lead them to seek the protection of man. To the Gorean male, the female, especially one of another land or city, is an object that belongs collared at his feet. Nothing brings out the strength in a man more, than a woman kneeling before him as his. And nothing brings out the true nature of woman more, than to kneel before a strong master. The sexes are not viewed as equal or the same, but rather, each is seen as different, unique and special, glorious in their own qualities which should be praised and encouraged, not shunned or sought to be changed; accepted in their natural state and not perverted by a civilization which rejects nature. As such, woman is a creature of multi-facted beauty, a prized possession, an object of desire, and sign of prestige, rather then something taken for granted, ignored or killed. In a sense, the true female within is not realized fully until she is in a collar, with slavery making the depths of her potential and beauty appear, and also be appreciated by both men and the slave herself.
"There are, incidentally, far fewer male slaves than female slaves; a captured female is almost invariably collared; a captured male is almost invariably put to the sword."
- ASSASSIN OF GOR, Pg. 51
Men on the other hand are usually killed rather than enslaved. This is due in part to the fact that most Gorean men would rather die than be made slaves, so the simple subjugation of a Gorean man is often proved to be quite difficult. Furthermore, men simply do not hold the same value as women do on the slave market, and as said, the effort needed to subdue them usually outweights the sum of their worth in coin. Treatment is also a factor, for females often have an easier time in this way then do their male counterparts, who are often quickly and brutally worked to death. Slavery in the case of the male is more often done as a form of criminal punishment or humiliation, with men taken in raids or defeated in war more often simply slain.
"'The being of the slave, like the being of the master,' she said, 'is a totality.'"
- PLAYERS OF GOR, Pg. 176
Slavery on Gor, is an absolute condition. There are no partial or part-time slaves, slavery is an extreme and a wholeness of being. Gorean masters do not tolerate failings in their property, and errors are quickly and harshly corrected, with no second chances given. Owners simply expect the slave to perform correctly the first time. As the slave develops in the collar, the fullness of the condition she is held in fast becomes apparent, as does the reality of her being. The girl "grows" in her slavery, and what may start as a fear of punishment, quickly turns into an internal fear of failing her master, and a want to be found fully pleasing by him. The master becomes the center of the girls world, being not only responsible for her continued existence, but also now the center of her own happiness.
It should also be remembered by those wishing to argue against the above, that this regards Gor, not Earth. As such, the climate, environment and general conditions of each planet and culture differ greatly, and one cannot look at one from the instilled perspective of the other and hope to cite faults. What may seem appalling to those of Earth, is seen as simple and readily accepted life to those of Gor, and in turn, those of Gor view Earth as equally appalling, if not even more so. To the Gorean, his civilization is a compliment to nature, while that of Earth, is a contradiction.
"Gorean slavery is categorical and absolute. The slave is property, an animal. She is incapable of doing anything to alter, change oraffect her status. She is owned by the master, and owes him all. She can be bought and sold. She must serve with perfection."
- RENEGADES OF GOR, Pg. 386
"Perhaps bondage releases a woman's uniqueness and individuality. It releases her from the constrictions of verbalisms and sterotypes and permits her to be truly herself, within of course the latitudes of her nature, that of slave."
- BEASTS OF GOR, Pg. 270-271
"Consider the case of the female slave. She was once a primitive, brutish female, innocent of legalities but, in effect, owned. She is now, commonly, a collared, imbonded beauty, properly marked as merchandise, effectively displayed and marketed, and owned in the full right of law."
- SAVAGES OF GOR, Pg. 194
"These things, incidentally, fit into a harmonious physical and psychological dimorphism of the sexes, in which the male, unless reduced, denied or crippled, is dominant. This sexual dimorphism and the dominance/submission equations do not require institutionalized slavery. It is only that that institution is an expression within the context of a natural civilization of certain primal biotruths. In this sense civilization need not be the antithesis of nature but can represent its natural enhancement and flowering."
- MAGICIANS OF GOR, Pg. 300
"A girl does not question what her master does to her. She is slave."
- EXPLORERS OF GOR, Pg. 296

"In the eyes of Gorean law you are an animal. You have no name in your own right. You may be collared and leashed. You may be bought and sold, whipped, treated as the master pleases, disposed of as he sees fit. You have no rights whatsoever. Legally you have no more status than a tarsk or vulo. Legally, literally, you are an animal."
- EXPLORERS OF GOR, Pg. 316
When one is made a slave on Gor, they lose all the rights and connections they had in their past life. They are no longer seen as the person they were before, but rather are viewed much as a "human animal," and are treated as such. They do not decide their own fate, and are not expected to make their own decisions regarding their lives, as this is no longer theirs to choose. They do not so much as even possess the names they are called by, these being given and taken away as it pleases their owners. Their lives are subject to their owner's whim in a very real and tangible way. They do not "bargain" with men, nor do they place "limits" on their service, they simply do as they are told and do it when they are told, or they are swiftly, harshly, and effectively punished. A master may discipline or even destroy his property if he chooses, and the Laws of the various Gorean lands will not only not contest this, but will fully support it.
Masters in general, see slaves much in the same way the Law does. Gorean men do not seek to defend slave girls or protect them, other than what would be obvious concerning the preservation of their personal property or that of another. Such would be done for the sake of the owner though, not so much the slave. The slave in itself is seen as property, an item whose sole purpose is to bring pleasure to the owner and/or comfort to his life. Nothing is directly given in return for this as a matter of obligation, everything is simply expected of the girl. Basic food and shelter are not a form of payment, but simple necessity to keep one's property able to serve. A master may take good care of his slaves, and the majority do, but this is a matter of him wanting to, not having to. It makes little sense to buy something, anything, and keep it, if you are not going to see to it's care and upkeep, especially if it is something you value and enjoy. Goreans are very practical beings and though the totality of ownership can be shown in the ability to destroy, it is not practical to damage or destroy something you value, for the future enjoyment is thus diminished.
Gorean slave girls become quickly accustomed to their new "station" in life. Those born on Gor have a very clear understanding of what slavery is and what it means, prior to any collar being put around their necks. They are raised around it and understand its principles clearly, often also understanding much of what would be expected of them if enslaved, and knowing how they would be treated. Those born to a collar, actually a minority of slaves in general, simply know no other way of life. And those taken from Earth quickly adapt to what their new lives are, under the harsh discipline and direction of their Gorean Masters, though in truth, it is less an exercise in teaching the female to be a slave, as it is teaching the slave to be a female, something she was prior taught to deny. But no matter what a girl's past may be, all such things become irrelevant once she is enslaved, and as a slave, she is made to understand this clearly. It is not difficult for a woman to be a slave. Once the initial steps are taken, the reality that now surrounds her, fast awakens the reality that was always within, and the need for instruction is surmounted by nature and instinct itself.
In reality, and in many ways, the last "right" an individual has is when they choose life and slavery over death.

"The men call us 'slave meat,' and such, and perhaps this amuses them, and helps to keep us in our place, at their feet, but only a woman who is a fool believes them. They want, and own, the whole slave. Even Gorean law makes it clear that it is the entire slave who is owned, not merely a part of her."
- DANCER OF GOR, Pg. 154
"The life of a female slave is a life wholly given over to love. It is not a compromised life. It is not one of those lives which is part this, and part that. It is a total way of life, a total life. The female slave seeks to give all, selflessly, knowing that she, as she is a mere slave, a rightless animal owned by her master, one who can be bought and sold at his least whim, can make no claims, that she deserves nothing, and is entitled to not the least attention or consideration. There are no bargains made with her, no arrangements."
- MERCENARIES OF GOR, Pg. 435
"In the eyes of Goreans, and Gorean law, the slave is an animal. She is not a person, but an animal. She has no name, saving what her master might choose to call her. She is without caste. She is without citizenship. She is simply an object, to be bartered, or bought or sold. She is simply an article of property, completely, nothing more."
- HUNTERS OF GOR, PG. 148-149
"I regarded Ilene.
'You no longer have a name,' I told her.
'I will give you a name,' I told her. 'It will be more convenient.'
'I will call you Ilene,' I said.
Her old name, her old identity, had been taken from her forever. Her new name, though in sound the same, was not her old. Between them there was a difference of worlds, a gulf wider than the dividing planets. Her old name had been hers as a free person, publicly registered, legally certified, historically identified with her throughout her life, until her capture by slavers. It had been a proud, intimate possession, giving her pleasure and dignity. It had ennobled her. It has served, with other properties, to distinguish her as a precious person, a unique individual, among all others on the planet Earth. When asked who she was, it was with that name that she would answer. That was who she was. Then that name was taken from her. She was only an animal in bondage. Her name might be changed, or altered, as often as a Master wished. Indeed, he need not even give her a name. Changing a girl's name, or taking it away, are common modes of Gorean slave discipline."
- HUNTERS OF GOR, PG. 225
"'My original name was Susan,' she said. 'My last name does not matter. When I became a slave, of course, my name was gone. Animals do not have names, except as their masters might choose to name them. The name 'Susan' was again put upon me, but now, of course, I have it only as a slave name.'"
- KAJIRA OF GOR, Pg. 57
"Needless to say, a slave girl, as she changes collars, may change names. Most girls, in passing from the hands of one master into those of another, will have had various names."
- EXPLORERS OF GOR, Pg. 366
'What are my duties?' I asked.
'Exquisite beauty and absolute obedience.'"

Views: 28

Birthdays

Important (read & understand)

How to Contact us:Preferred Contact point

Email and Instant Messenger:

TravelerinBDFSM @ aol/aim;  hotmail; identi.ca; live & yahoo

OR

Travelingraggyman @ gmail and icq ***

Find us on Google+

Please vote for Our Site. You can vote once a day. Thank you for your support. just click on the badge below
Photobucket

OUR MOST RECENT  AWARD

1AWARD UPDATES & INFORMATION
10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award
100 votes - Copper Award

Member of the Associated  Posting System {APS}

This allows members on various sites to share information between sites and by providing a by line with the original source it credits the author with the creation.

Legal Disclaimer

***************We here at Traveling within the World are not responsible for anything posted by individual members. While the actions of one member do not reflect the intentions of the entire social network or the Network Creator, we do ask that you use good judgment when posting. If something is considered to be inappropriate it will be removed

This site is strictly an artist operational fan publication, no copyright infringement intended

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries had its humble beginnings as an idea of a few artisans and craftsmen who enjoy performing with live steel fighting. As well as a patchwork quilt tent canvas. Most had prior military experience hence the name.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries.

Vendertainers that brought many things to a show and are know for helping out where ever they can.

As well as being a place where the older hand made items could be found made by them and enjoyed by all.

We expanded over the years to become well known at what we do. Now we represent over 100 artisans and craftsman that are well known in their venues and some just starting out. Some of their works have been premiered in TV, stage and movies on a regular basis.

Specializing in Medieval, Goth , Stage Film, BDFSM and Practitioner.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries a Dept of, Ask For IT was started by artists and former military veterans, and sword fighters, representing over 100 artisans, one who made his living traveling from fair to festival vending medieval wares. The majority of his customers are re-enactors, SCAdians and the like, looking to build their kit with period clothing, feast gear, adornments, etc.

Likewise, it is typical for these history-lovers to peruse the tent (aka mobile store front) and, upon finding something that pleases the eye, ask "Is this period?"

A deceitful query!! This is not a yes or no question. One must have a damn good understanding of European history (at least) from the fall of Rome to the mid-1600's to properly answer. Taking into account, also, the culture in which the querent is dressed is vitally important. You see, though it may be well within medieval period, it would be strange to see a Viking wearing a Caftan...or is it?

After a festival's time of answering weighty questions such as these, I'd sleep like a log! Only a mad man could possibly remember the place and time for each piece of kitchen ware, weaponry, cloth, and chain within a span of 1,000 years!! Surely there must be an easier way, a place where he could post all this knowledge...

Traveling Within The World is meant to be such a place. A place for all of these artists to keep in touch and directly interact with their fellow geeks and re-enactment hobbyists, their clientele.

© 2024   Created by Rev. Allen M. Drago ~ Traveler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service