"Hence there are by nature various classes of rulers and ruled. For the free rules the slave, the male the female, and the man the child in a different way. And all possess the various parts of the soul, but possess them in different ways; for the slave has not got the deliberative part at all, and the female has it, but without full authority, while the child has it, but in an undeveloped form."

Aristotle believed that there were natural slaves and natural masters, dictated by their biology. He felt that the best hope for fulfillment for a natural slave was to serve a natural master. Natural slaves were possessed of inferior intellects and this was an indication of what their proper status should be. Aristotle's theory would be popular throughout much of history, even used by Americans who enslaved blacks during the sixteenth to nineteenth centuries.

On the surface, some might believe that Norman adopted Aristotle's theory for Gor, though that is not quite correct. Yes, Gorean society believes that women are natural slaves but the Gorean viewpoint differs from Aristotle in two key aspects. First, Aristotle's theory did not differentiate by sex. Both men and women could be natural slaves or natural masters. On Gor, it is the men who are natural masters. Even though men on Gor can become enslaved, it is primarily done for economic reasons. It is not thought to be natural to enslave a man. Second, Aristotle stated that natural slaves were deficient in reason. They were intellectual and moral inferiors and thus subject to their natural superiors. On Gor, female slaves are not seen as intellectual or moral inferiors. They are not seen as deficient in reason. They are considered natural slaves due to their submissive, not inferior, nature.

Some Gorean philosophy is also derived from the Greek Stoics. What did the Stoics say about slavery? In general, the Stoics did not support a theory of natural slavery but they also did little to openly oppose the idea of slavery. Most Stoics accepted slavery as a valid legal institution. They believed that a man's soul though could not be enslaved by another and that was more important than the enslavement of the body. Stoicism was also deterministic, believing that one's role was often fated. It is one's moral responsibility to follow that role, even if you are a slave. Thus, a slave should work well for his owner to reach a greater happiness. Stoics did advise slave owners to treat their slaves well. This may have had some effect later in the Roman Empire.

ROMAN SLAVERY

Slave Population:

During the 1st century A.D., as the Roman Empire began with the reign of Augustus, the slave population of Rome was approximately 35% of the total population. A good estimate would be 300,000 to 350,000 slaves out of a population of about 900,000 to 950,000. Throughout Italy, there were about two million slaves out of a population of six million. Gor cannot even compare with these percentages, having an average of less than a 2% slave population. A couple Gorean cities are exception to this average such as Tharna and Ar. Tharna, after its revolution, has a slave population of close to 50% of its population as nearly all of its women have been enslaved. Ar contains about 250,000 slaves, but that is less than 10% of its population.

Though the statistics are not fully accurate, it seems most likely that the vast majority of Roman slaves were male. Males were obviously in the majority in the laborious tasks such as construction, mining, agriculture, and loading/unloading. But, even domestic staff, within Roman households, were predominantly male. The evidence suggests that from 65% to 80% of these domestic slaves were males. This is a major difference from the Gorean slave population where 90% of all slaves are female.

Types of Slaves:

The general Roman term for a slave was 'servus' (the plural form being 'servi') though there are other terms as well. Slaves were divided into two main categories: public, owned by the state, or private. In general, public slaves had greater personal freedom than private slaves. If a private person owned three or more slaves, then those slaves were referred to collectively as a 'familia.' If the slaves worked at their owner's city home or country villa, they were referred to as a 'familia urbana.' Those slaves who worked in the fields were referred to as 'familia rustica.' The average life expectancy of a slave during the Roman Empire was unlikely to be more than twenty years, especially those slaves in laborious endeavors.

Slaves worked in nearly every type of possible occupation, except the military. They were also prohibited from certain governmental posts. They might possess great responsibilities and be in charge of vast finances. In general, there was little discrimination against slaves performing their jobs. Their skills were valued as much as any free person. This is radically different from Gorean slavery where slaves are muchly restricted in the types of work they can do. Gorean society, with its Caste system, is fiercely protective of its occupations. Many slaves perform the unpleasant jobs that most free people would disdain to do. Roman slaves could also act as teachers, something Gorean slaves are not permitted to do.

Slave Acquisition:

Where did all these slaves come from? The Romans had a saying that: 'servi aut nascuntur, aut fiunt. That means that slaves are either born or made. There were various means by which people became slaves, just as it is on Gor. Unlike the Greeks, Roman citizens could end up as slaves. Roman slaves were not limited to barbarians and foreigners.

During the Roman Republic, the primary source of acquiring slaves was through warfare. The enslavement of prisoners of war was very common in the ancient world. As Rome expanded its borders, it was constantly engaged in wars and this provided a steady stream of slaves into their society. This did lead to a significant population of foreign slaves. But, with the coming of the empire and the 'Pax Romana,' the Roman peace, there were less and smaller wars. Thus, this source of slavery began to provide a much reduced supply than previously. This shortfall was made up through other means. Gor has long acquired slaves through raids and warfare. The Gorean spoils of war denote the common percentages of free women and men that are often claimed as slaves.

Children who were born to slave women became slaves themselves. Such children are called 'vernae.' The status of the father was irrelevant in such matters. This is exactly as in many Gorean cities. On Gor, the status of the mother is generally the determining factor in whether a child will be born as a slave or not. Some owners encouraged their female slaves to have children and thus create more slaves. This was likely never a significant means of increasing the Roman slave supply, especially as most slaves were male.

Some free parents, who could not raise their own children, might sell the infants into slavery. Some Gorean free women did this as well. Other parents might abandon their infants to the elements, exposing them ostensibly to the deaths. Such infant exposure was common in the ancient world and was not made illegal in Rome until 374 A.D. Some of these abandoned infants would be found, claimed and then made into slaves. Exposure of infants also occurs on Gor and it is likely that some may be also claimed by Slavers.

A person could sell themselves into slavery though Roman law never acknowledged this as valid. But, this is recognized by Gorean law, and once the transaction is completed, it cannot be invalidated by the seller. Certain serious crimes, such as theft, tax evasion, evasion of military service, and murder, may also lead to one's enslavement. Debtors, unable to pay their bills, might be sold as a slave to their creditor. Certain Gorean crimes can lead to one's enslavement. Debtors can end up enslaved or their family might suffer the enslavement. For example, a Gorean father who cannot pay his debts may find that his daughter has been enslaved due to his debts.

Selling Slaves:

A slave trade also existed in the ancient world and Rome obtained a number of slaves through commerce with other nations. Slaves were treated as any other commodity and fell under similar laws. Within Rome itself, there were merchants who specialized in selling slaves. This is akin to the Slaver Caste on Gor. There would be slave markets and auction blocks to sell slaves. Such sales were akin to the sale of livestock, just as on Gor.

When a slave was sold, certain procedures were required by the law. For example, the slaver had to that the slave did not possess any diseases or defects and was not in the possession of another person. The courts sometimes had to determine what constituted a "defect" and this could lead to some interesting findings. In one such case, the court had to decide whether a slave whose tongue had been removed was defective. The court made an analogy in this matter to the sale of a horse. The court thus ruled that this slave was still considered to be healthy, the severed tongue not constituting a "defect."

Law:

By Roman law, a slave was considered property. A slave owner could do anything he wished to that slave, even killing the slave, with impunity. This is exactly like Gorean slave law. In the later period of the Roman Empire, they did try to limit cruelty to slaves but it was not too effective. It came much too late to have a major impact. The sexual use of slaves, male and female, was common in Rome. This is similar in many respects to Gorean slaves. The major difference here would be that a number of male slave owners in Rome would sexually use their male slaves. This would be very rare on Gor.

As a slave was considered the property of his owner, then if a third party harmed that slave, the owner could seek legal redress. This would include if a third person sexually used that slave. The owner could seek civil compensation for the harm done to the slave. This is essentially the same as in Gorean slave law.

By law, slaves could not own anything. Anything they possessed was considered the property of their master. Again, this is exactly like Gorean slave law. A slave might be "given" the use of his or her own slaves but all of the slaves remained the property of the owner. The slave might be able to treat his slaves, to a significant degree, as if he owned them. This would be similar in some ways to the slave hierarchies that exist in some Gorean households with first girls and such. Some Roman slaves might be permitted to "own" a 'peculium' which consisted of money they had earned and saved. The owner though could claim the peculium at any time as the slave legally did not actually own it. The slave could use the peculium to enter into contracts but they required the consent of his owner. The peculium might also be used to purchase a slave's freedom if it increased to be greater than the value of the slave. Some Gorean slaves might be given spending money but it was a rarity. They would rarely, if ever, accumulate a savings.

Roman slaves were also considered to be kinless and could not have any legal family bonds. There was a type of slave marriage permitted, called 'contubernium,' but it had no legal effect. It would last only as long as permitted by the slave owner. Gorean slaves are also legally kinless but there is no type of slave marriage on Gor.

Slave did have one legal right, known as the 'ius sacrum,' that was rarely interfered with by their owners. This right allowed slaves to practice certain aspects of their religion, to be properly buried and to join certain religious associations . This right does not exist for Gorean slaves. But, Gorean society does allow slaves one basic right, the right to receive the stabilization serums.

Manumission:

Manumission is the process of freeing a slave and Roman slaves could be freed in several different manners. This is similar to Gorean slave law. First, if a Roman slave's peculium was worth more than his value as a slave, then he might be able to purchase his freedom. This does not occur on Gor as slaves do not accumulate a peculium. Second, if a slave has grown too old to be of much value anymore, he might be freed by his owner. With the stabilization serums, Gorean slaves are not going to grow old and useless so this reason would be irrelevant. Third, an owner might free his slaves in his will. Interestingly enough, a Roman law was eventually enacted that limited the amount of slaves that someone could free through a will. The objective of this law was to ensure that the only slaves who were freed truly deserved to be freed. Though something similar to this is not mentioned in the Gorean books, it seems a definite possibility that slave owners could free their slaves in their wills. There is some evidence to suggest that Roman female slaves were freed more often than male slaves. The principal reason for this is thought to be owners wanting to marry their slaves and have them bear their children. This also reflects Gorean society as some masters did free their female slaves to Free Companion them and have children together.

Once freed, a slave became a freedperson, not a freeperson, similar to the Greek ideas on freedom of their slaves. Freedpersons have less rights than a freeperson. The freedperson can only vote in the city assemblies, cannot become a magistrate and cannot enter a legion. However, unlike in Greece, the children born to a freedperson become freepersons. On Gor, a freed slave is a free person though they would have a lesser status than most because they would not have a Caste or Home Stone. The freed slave would have to apply for citizenship and a Caste and thus could eventually attain a normal free person status.

No slave shall IM any Master without first begging & being granted permission in open channel, occ or icc.

Greet in this order:
Vendetta
Varga
Owner
Other Masters
slaves

No slave shall be permitted to speak the name(s) of any Free.
Use "*" denote whom you are directing your statement(s) to without the speaking a FP's name.

Greet & address all Free Men as “greetings (or tal) Master *----*", according to the books.
There is to be none of that 'Commodor', 'Captain', 'Jarl' or 'Killer' crap, unless otherwise commanded by the Master in question.

Any slave that speaks the name of a FP openly will have their tongue removed.

While serving, entertaining or dancing no slave shall stop to greet, or IM to any Free Person -save their Owner, until the task
has been completed & they have been granted release by the Master they are in service to.

No slave shall be idyll.
If there is down time, look alive & set to actively RP-ing entertainment i.e.:
dances
telling jokes &/or stories
chores

No non-crewmen slave shall be permitted to touch any object made of steel, save those that follow:
collars
oars
rigging
chains
bolted rings
the business end of branding irons
the business end of a weapon in a crew-men's hand

~~Meaning of the Positioning of the Hands ~~

*Palms up or Palms down

Palms upwards, or facing outwards, is indicative of submission, is a way of signaling a girls' need, helplessness, and desire to please. It is a silent signal of a girl's desire for her Master.

"Position!" I snapped. Swiftly she knelt again, as she had been commanded earlier. "You obey with the alacrity of a slave girl," I observed. "If I do not," she said, "I could be punished as one, could I not?" "Yes," I said, "and would be." I walked about her, examining her, She kept her back very straight, and her head up. I was then again before her. I noted that the palm of her hands, so soft, so vulnerable, had turned on her thighs, so that they faced up. Among slave girls this is a common ways of signaling need, helplessness, a desire to please.
Vagabonds of Gor, p 209

Fingers spread wide apart is further indication of both vulnerability and submission to the Master, and desire for him.
Priest-Kings of Gor, 234

Palms downward is the most common position where the girl's hands will lay palms down on her thighs though in certain situations the girl's hands are turned upward, more inadvertently than by training.

Come now, my pretty slaves, said Ginger, kneel straight. Back straight, heads up. Back on your heels there! Spread those pretty knees. Yes, that is the way men like it. Put your hands, palms down, on your thighs. Good. Good. Excellent! The girls now knelt in the coffle as pleasure slaves.
Savages of Gor, p 155

~~Meaning of Eyes Downcast~~

Proper decorum and submission calls for the eyes to be downcaste unless the head is positioned to indicate otherwise, or the Master has commanded otherwise.

He suddenly snapped His fingers and, in the swift double gesture of a Gorean Master, pointed to a place on the dirt floor before Him, almost simultaneously turning His hand, spreading His first and index finger, pointing downwards. I fled to Him and knelt before Him, my knees in the dirt, in the position of the pleasure slave, my head down, trembling.
Captive of Gor, p 143

This is an Gorean convention, in the books it is common for kajir to gaze upon the Master's eyes unless the kajir is in trouble and seeking to demonstrate fully her submission.

Normally, eye contact between a Master and a slave is acceptable and common, but it can be denied or forbidden to the slave as a punishment or discipline.
Savages of Gor. pg 258

"Look up," he said, "Kneel straightly. Put your hands on your thighs. Head up. Split your knees. More widely, slut!"
Dancer of Gor, p 51

~~Belly-crawling~~

Crawling on the belly is used for very specific reasons. The first of which is to placate a Master, if the Master is upset or the kajir has made a serious mistake.

I pointed to the stones at my feet. Crawl I said, in Gorean. The girl slipped to her belly, and, as a slave girl, crawled to my feet. She put her lips to my foot; I felt her hair over it.
Tribesmen of, p 78

The second is to communicate need for the Master, the need to demonstrate submission and/or the need to communicate a sexual desire, depending on how it is done.

And last, crawling is used in the performance of certain forms of obeisance.

Other than that, do not crawl about. A Gorean kajir is supposed to be proud, believe it or not. The kajira should be proud of her skill and talent, her capacity
for love and devotion. Not of herself, but rather of the things she can bring to her Master, for her Master is her focus.

~~Knee-crawling~~

Crawling on the knees is used for very specific reasons.

I indicated a flat leather box to one side. "Knee crawl," I said. "Fetch it here."

She went to the box on her knees and picked it up, and returned to a place before me. It had been a simple knee crawl. I was briefly reminded, however, of the Turian knee walk, sometimes used by slave dancers. I considered the slave. I did not doubt but what she might be taught to dance.
Magicians of Gor, 20

~~Entering a Room~~

The way to enter a room in a Gorean home varies from city to city depending on where hence a slave resides.

Swiftly we assumed a common form of slave obeisance, kneeling, the palms of our hands on the ground, our heads to the ground. Many masters, though it tends to be rather associated usually with given cities, require this position of their girls, usually when they first enter his presence or find themselves, as in a room which he has entered, in his presence.
Dancer of Gor, p 114

At his entrance Susan put the palms of her hands on the floor and lowered her head to the tiles, assuming a position of slave obeisance common with her in the presence of her master.
Kajira of Gor, p 157

"Observe," once had said Elizabeth to me, to my amusement, in the secrecy of our compartment, "the twelfth way to enter a room."
I had observed. It was not bad. But I think I preferred the tenth, that with the girl's back against the side of the door, the palms of her hands on the jamb, her head up, lips slightly parted, eyes to the right, smoldering at just the right temperature.
"How many ways are there," I asked, sitting cross-legged in the center of the compartment, on the stone couch, "to enter a room?"
"It depends on the city," said Elizabeth. "In Ar we are the best; we have the most ways to enter a room. One hundred and four."
I whistled.
"What about," I asked, "just walking straight through?"
She looked at me. "Ah," said she, "one hundred and five!"
Assassin of Gor

~~Feeding a Master~~

This is performed with the purpose of enticing and bringing the art of pleasing to the perfection that is the trademark of the trained pleasure slave.

One thing of that sort I recall is a trick where the girl feeds the master a grape held between her teeth. She may or may not have her wrists braceleted behind her back for this particular feat. One leg is folded beneath her and the other is extended behind her, toes pointed, and then she lifts the grape delicately to your mouth. Elizabeth and I used to laugh heartily over this one, but I think it was effective, as I seldom got beyond the third grape.
Assassin of Gor

~~Handling Money~~

The touching of money by slaves, is usually forbidden. Money given to a slave for delivery to her master, is commonly placed in the slave's mouth. A coin girl has a pouch she carries upon her neck that the coins will be placed in for her services.

The fellow who stood by the table, scarcely noticing the girl, placed a tarsk-bit in her mouth, and she fled back to the counter where, under the eye of a paga attendant, she spit the coin into a copper bowl.
Rogue of Gor, p 78

~~Performing for Masters~~

This is a command a Master uses to have the slave display herself in as many ways as she has been taught and for as long as those the slave is trying to interest.

"Have her stand, and turn," said a man.
I heard the snapping of fingers.
Quickly I rose to my feet, and turned, before them.
"Interesting," said a man.
"Clasp your hands behind the back of your head," said a fellow from the house.
I complied.
"Arch your back," said another.
My left foot was now slightly advanced. I was bent backwards, my back arched. My hands were clasped behind the back of my head.
"Yes," said another. "Interesting."
"Belly," said the fellow who had first spoken to me.
Instantly I returned to my belly, as I had been before, my head turned to the left, my arms back, down at my sides, my hands turned so that my palms, their softness, faced up, exposed.
Witness of Gor, pg. 6

~~The 'Tease and Please' Rule~~

If a kajira offers a Free Person wholly of herself, she will be required to give what she has offered, if the Free Person chooses to accept it. There are no exceptions to this, a kajira is not to be permitted to tease like so many of Earth do, with no intention of fulfilling the promise of the tease. To do so is not only an insult to the Free Person, but shows a lack of integrity and dishonour within the kajir.

If a kajir teases, the kajir will please, exceptions sometimes made for dancers.
Players of Gor..pg 25

Understand that kneeling nadu is to kneel in the position of the Gorean Pleasure Slave. The Gorean Pleasure Slave exists to serve the Master, and it is implicit in the nadu that her full sexual service is at his disposal. If you kneel in nadu, you are offering that to the Master, you had better be able to fulfill that promise. Hiding behind restrictions or a collar is absolutely no excuse if you do this thing.

Some Master get upset if you do not kneel nadu to them. There are a number of ways around that. First, you can simply not state the position of your thighs as you are kneeling. For example, 'kajira kneels before the Master', will suffice. Second, you can speak with the Master ahead of time, informing him of your restrictions, and begging permission to kneel nadu even though you cannot fulfill that offer. If he gives his permission, you can then kneel nadu to your heart's content before that Master, and never have to alcove with him.

~~Gor is Fair~~

I have heard it said over and over and over again. Gor is not fair. It is used as justification for all manner of behavior, or to explain an unhappiness. It sounds good, too. Unfortunately, it's not very accurate. Gor is extremely fair, it is the epitome of fairness. When a kajir comes to Gor, no one has forced that kajir to do so. They chose to. They can also choose to leave. When the kajir take a collar, it is by the kajir's choice that they did so. They know the possible consequences of taking that collar, and what it means. Unfair? No. Gor is full of consequences, and people accepting and living with those consequences to their actions. If anything, Gor may be likened to a force of nature in that the natural course of events will follow, irregardless of what others may think is fair or unfair. A thunderstorm is not fair, nor is it unfair, any more than a breezy warm summer day. Gor is Gor. And because we have all chosen to be of Gor, Gor is Fair.

~~Kneeling~~

As with so many other aspects of Gor, even the kneeling of the kajir before the Master has meaning and significance.

It is customary for a kneeling kajir to kneel a few feet back from the Master. The kneeling itself expresses the kajir's servitude and submission. The distance serves four primary purposes;

1) Symbolizes in both distance and height differential, the social difference between the Master and slave
2) Puts the slave where the Master can view her fully, for a kneeling woman is an incredibly beautiful woman.
3) Puts enough space between the Master and the slave so that the releasing of his rapacity is more likely to require a conscious decision, rather than a reflexive reaction.
4) Gives the kajir room to maneuver into commanded positions
Dancer of Gor.. pg. 156

~~Ways to Communicate Need to a Master~~

Gor is rich with metaphor and symbology and ritual, some of which may be utilized as shown below to tell a Master of your sexual needs, without being unduly blatant about it.

1) Talenders in the hair, or given to him
2) Tie a loose knot in the hair on the right side, let it hang over the cheek
3) Kneeling nadu, eros (as the pleasure slave)
4) Body touchings
5) Palms up, facing him
6) Offer fruit, holding it next to her body
7) Belly crawling, with the ass upthrusting

A verbal method which can be used is to bring the wine, serve it, then beg him to take the Second Wine (herself).

And last, below is the ritual formula of a slave in need, it is appropriate in accordance with the books themselves, and will certainly be appropriate in Gor;

Ritual formula of a slave in need - "I acknowledge unequivocally and without reservation that I have sexual needs. Similarly, I inform you that I want them satisfied. I beg you, Master, to satisfy them."
Dancer of Gor, pg. 298

Again, kneeling nadu is to kneel in the position of the Gorean Pleasure Slave. The Gorean Pleasure Slave exists to serve the Master, and it is implicit in the nadu that her full sexual service is at his disposal.

~~What are we doing in Gor?~~
- training, learning, growing, substituting-

Always remember that Gor is not real life. We are here for very specific reasons, however. We are here to train for real life, to learn about Gor and it's Ways, to share and grow amongst ourselves in the Ways of Gor, amongst good and like-minded friends. And for some of us, we are here to substitute, to 'get a Gor-fix' instead of the real life Gorean Way that we desire.

Yes, some are here for other reasons, to find a Master, or a slave, or to simply experience Gor vicariously when real life Gorean living is denied us for whatever
reason. Some are here simply for the possibility of cybersex. If cybersex is a priority for you, thereare numerous non-Gorean cybersex oriented channels which will cater to your every whim.

*exerpts from the Karian Notes and World of Gor by John Norman

Gorean men sleep in great stone couches, sleeping pelts and silken sheets. A slave ring is set at the bottom of each Gorean couch. Its purpose is simple. It is the Gorean way of reminding every woman, free or enslaved, that she is a woman and thus to be dominated, to be subject of men. Should any woman be tempted to forget this basic fact of Gorean life, the slave ring set at the bottom of each Gorean couch is there to refresh their memory that Gor is a man's world.

The Gorean slave girl sleeps at the foot of the Master's couch, often on a strw mat with only a thin, cottonlike blanket, woven from the soft fibers of the Rep Plant, to protect her from the cold. If a slave girl has not pleased the Master as of late, she may be, as a disciplinary measure, simply chained nude to the slave ring, without the benefit of the blanket and mat. The stone floors are hard and the Gorean nights are cold, and it is a rare girl who, when unchained in the morning, does not seek more dutifully to serve the Master.

This harsh treatment, incidentally, when she is thought to deserve it, may even be inflicted to a Free Companion, finding herself precisely as though she was a lowly slave girl, in spite of the fact that she is free and usually much loved. According to the Gorean way of looking at things, a taste of the slave ring is thought to be ocasionally beneficial to all women, even the exalted Free Companion.

The Gorean Master, though often strict, is seldom cruel. The girl knows, if she pleases him, her lot will be an easy one. She will almost never encounter sadism or wanton cruelty, for the psychological enviroment that tends to breed these deseases is largely absent from Gor. This does not mean she will not be beaten if she disobeys or fails to please her owner.

Of custom, a slave girl may not ascend the couch to serve her owner's pleasure. The point of this restriction is to draw a clearer distinction between her status and that of a Free Companion. At any rate, the dignities of the couch are reserved for the Free Companion.

When a master wishes to make use of a slave girl, he tells her o light the lapm of love, which she obediently does, placing it in the window of his chamber, that they may not be disturbed. Then he, with his own hand, throws upon the stone floor of his chamber luxurious love furs, perhaps from the larl itself, and commands the girl to them.

Slave girls are usually clad in the brief, diagonally stripped slave livery of Gor, a sleeveless, briefly skirted garment terminating some inches above the knee, a garment that contrast violently with the heavy, cumbersome Robes of Concealment worn by Free Women. It is known that some women, actually envy their lightly clad sisters in bondage, free, though wearing a collar, to come and go as much as they please.

The purpose, incidentally, of the brief garment of the female slave is not to simply mark out the girl in bondage but in exposing her charms, to make her, rather than her free sister, the favored object of raids. Whereas, there is a status in the capture of a Free Woman, there is less risk in the capture of a slave.

He is Master, i am slave
He is Owner, i am owned
He commands, i obey
He is to be pleased, i am to please
Why is this?
Because He is Master, i am slave

1. The first, and primary, duty of a slave is exquisite beauty and absolute obedience.

"What are my duties? I asked.
Exquisite beauty and absolute obedience," said Sucha."

Slave Girl of Gor, page 261

What does this mean? It means that you are always carrying yourself to the best of your ability. You are always showing the beauty within you. You must use your words to paint beautiful pictures of what everyone is seeing. Those pictures should be pleasing. Try to be as descriptive as possible, and think before you type. This is your way of showing who and what you are.

It also means that you though you are not mindless drones you do not questions orders. You have the last words in any conversation and they are; Yes Master or Yes Mistress. If you have a problem with what happened, then copy it and bring it to your trainer or a slave coordinator.

2. AoA is now your home. It is unique like all Gorean Homes with it's own customs. You are required to know the rules, the laws the customs. Ignorance is not and excuse. Please study the web pages. Please read the message boards and stay a breast to all the changes that are constantly taking place within our Home. It is your job to know who is a member, who is not, how to greet them and offer serves. It is your job to know your home inside and out.

3. When you enter please create a descriptive paragraph of where you are coming from as you make your journey to the circle of shells and the serving mats. Be descriptive and let yourself shine. Once you have lowered into your kneel then you may begin to Greet.

4. Order of Greeting: If you are privately owned instead of going to the serving mats you will go directly to your owner. Once you have greeted your owner you ask to then greet the others in the following order. The Overseer, the First Sword, Masters of AoA, Mistresses of AoA, visiting Masters, visiting Mistresses, slaves of AoA, visiting slaves.

If you are not privately owned you would go to the serving mats and then begin greetings. You start with the Overseer, then the First Sword, all the Masters of AoA, all Mistresses of AoA, visiting Master, visiting Mistresses, slaves of AoA, visiting slaves.

If you visit another Home you will greet in the same fashion. Meaning the Ubar of that Home then the Ubara if there is one, then move down in rank of the members of that Home.

There are NO mass greetings. We do not say greetings A/all or greetings All or greetings ALL it is rude. Greet people individually.

The only exception to this rule is for special events. If you come to the room and there are fifteen or more people in the room. You go to your owner or the serving mats if you are Home owned and ask permission to do a mass greeting. This however is the only way you are allowed to do it.

In the same token there are no mass good byes. We do not say, "I wish everyone well" please leave yourself enough time to say good bye to everyone if there is less than fifteen people.

A slave doesn't say be well Master, that would be a command. Instead a slave should say i wish you well to the frees they are bidding farewell to.

Slaves do not Greet using names. So you would not say Greetings Master Cyruss.

Goreans are extremely sensitive about names, and who may speak them.
Similarly, slaves on the whole, do not address free men by their names.
Assassins of Gor, Page 12
"A Gorean slave girl in the presence of a free man or woman always kneels,
unless excused from doing so.
A Gorean slave, incidentally, always addresses free men as `Master,' and all free women as `Mistress.'"
Captive of Gor page 73

You are never to greet a visitor until they are cleared by a free person of AoA. If there is no free from AoA there, then you wait for the ranking slave to greet then you may greet as well.

You are never to greet someone with an anon name. Anon names are things like shark bait, visitor, shark, or any name of this fashion. They are anons and are to be ignored completely by you unless otherwise directed by a free person of our Home.

5. Once you have greeted everyone you begin your serves. If you are privately owned you ask your owner first. If your owner wishes nothing then you offer serves in the same order as you greeted.
If you are not privately owned you offer serves in the same order you greeted.

6. Once everyone has been served or if no one wishes anything you immediately start your chores. Slaves are never idle. There is much work that must be done to maintain our Home. If you have trouble coming up with something to do please see a trainer or a slave coordinator. They will be able to direct you in what tasks still need to be done. You can also look on the chore board to see what has been accomplished and what hasn't. In this way you are showing your dedication to your Home by doing things that have not been done. Be creative use this time to show the beautiful images you can paint with your words. Remember to copy and paste your chores onto the chore message board.

*Note* Every slave is asked to do three chores doing the week days and one chore on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. These chores are to be five to eight posts long. Each post should be atleast three or four lines long. Once you have completed your chores you are then allowed to travel if permitted or permission is given. You are allowed to play or chat with your sisters and brothers. This is free time to enjoy your Home. Find something creative to do and just be with others.

If a Master or Mistress enters while you are doing your chores and no one else is available. You are required to stop what you are doing and after washing your hands you are to offer them a serve. Remember even when doing your chores you should still be greeting as people enter.

7. All slaves will use their given names and have their collar's on at all times and the correct config of their name. The name you are given is the only name you use unless changed by the Overseer or your owner. Please note *slaves of AoA don't wear silks, we wear cloths made from the Rence plants and they are tied at the waist with a cord in the level of color you are at.*

8. Slaves do not touch money. If you are given money you open your mouth and let the one giving it to you place it on your tongue. There is a coin box in the servery you can drop it in after you have been dismissed.

9. Also normally slaves do not touch anything anything sharp that might be considered a weapon. However remember you live in the marshes not a city. Here everyone from the slaves, to the Free Woman, to the Free Men work extremely hard. Much of this work can't be accomplished without a rence knife. To cut the rence you must use this and much of your work in the servery will require you to use it as well. When you are doing such tasks you may use a rence knife without asking. Please realize you may still not touch any thing else that would be considered a weapon. You are touching this only to get the work of the Marshes done which will in turn help make our great Home prosper.

Views: 5

Important (read & understand)

How to Contact us:Preferred Contact point

Email and Instant Messenger:

TravelerinBDFSM @ aol/aim;  hotmail; identi.ca; live & yahoo

OR

Travelingraggyman @ gmail and icq ***

Find us on Google+

Please vote for Our Site. You can vote once a day. Thank you for your support. just click on the badge below
Photobucket

OUR MOST RECENT  AWARD

1AWARD UPDATES & INFORMATION
10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award
100 votes - Copper Award

Member of the Associated  Posting System {APS}

This allows members on various sites to share information between sites and by providing a by line with the original source it credits the author with the creation.

Legal Disclaimer

***************We here at Traveling within the World are not responsible for anything posted by individual members. While the actions of one member do not reflect the intentions of the entire social network or the Network Creator, we do ask that you use good judgment when posting. If something is considered to be inappropriate it will be removed

This site is strictly an artist operational fan publication, no copyright infringement intended

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries had its humble beginnings as an idea of a few artisans and craftsmen who enjoy performing with live steel fighting. As well as a patchwork quilt tent canvas. Most had prior military experience hence the name.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries.

Vendertainers that brought many things to a show and are know for helping out where ever they can.

As well as being a place where the older hand made items could be found made by them and enjoyed by all.

We expanded over the years to become well known at what we do. Now we represent over 100 artisans and craftsman that are well known in their venues and some just starting out. Some of their works have been premiered in TV, stage and movies on a regular basis.

Specializing in Medieval, Goth , Stage Film, BDFSM and Practitioner.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries a Dept of, Ask For IT was started by artists and former military veterans, and sword fighters, representing over 100 artisans, one who made his living traveling from fair to festival vending medieval wares. The majority of his customers are re-enactors, SCAdians and the like, looking to build their kit with period clothing, feast gear, adornments, etc.

Likewise, it is typical for these history-lovers to peruse the tent (aka mobile store front) and, upon finding something that pleases the eye, ask "Is this period?"

A deceitful query!! This is not a yes or no question. One must have a damn good understanding of European history (at least) from the fall of Rome to the mid-1600's to properly answer. Taking into account, also, the culture in which the querent is dressed is vitally important. You see, though it may be well within medieval period, it would be strange to see a Viking wearing a Caftan...or is it?

After a festival's time of answering weighty questions such as these, I'd sleep like a log! Only a mad man could possibly remember the place and time for each piece of kitchen ware, weaponry, cloth, and chain within a span of 1,000 years!! Surely there must be an easier way, a place where he could post all this knowledge...

Traveling Within The World is meant to be such a place. A place for all of these artists to keep in touch and directly interact with their fellow geeks and re-enactment hobbyists, their clientele.

© 2024   Created by Rev. Allen M. Drago ~ Traveler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service