Drago's Adventures at the Vet Home

Day one arrived about 1030 in morning and started in here. After answering several pages of questions.  I found that the pee testing was also a requirement. Thus the body and their time did not agree. So I was put in a waiting area. That turned out to be the common seating area and where now the chairs have been removed and the sleeping cots set.

Meals I have found are 730, 1200, 17oo you stand in line and sign a roster.  Pick and choose food then sit eat throw away plate and return to what you were doing. For me it was sitting in the common area most of the day.

Showers are mandatory for cot allowance it seems.  Simple folding metal cots with a grey plastic covered 3-inch mattress.  In addition, a sheet and blanket are given out as the settings for them are done.  My pillow is my highway coat and liner stuffed in my hooded pullover.

Perhaps on the morrow I will be told more of how things are to progress. If one leaves they must sign out. Then back in when returns. Must be back by 2300, will find out if that is when things close down then.

I also have been told that when the medical clears you and a bed is available up stairs you are moved from common room to a 6 or 8 person room.

Showers to use right now are on the 2nd floor. Know nothing of the third at this time. You are given a simple shower kit. Moreover, right now no big towels are viable so got two what I would call dishtowels and two hand cloths to assist and dry with.  Currently they hang off the edge of the cot to dry overnight.

This eve in the common, area is a big TV it is ran with a vote with what is watched.  So far this eve true grit and a dvd movie that stuck in mid play so now we have the basketball game weeeeeeeeeeee.

Everything here is sign in sign that and if one messes up he sheet we have to refill out and resign allover that just happened with the cot list. Is first in line get the metal cot and mattress.  When those dozen are gone then mattress on floor is what is left.

I have reshuffled the bag contents. Now all the clothing and black bag of stuff is in the new brown bag that found this winter on a trip to the market in Dec it still had the red holiday bow on it when I found it.  New still folded up and ready to be given.  The back pack has the rest of things. Like meds laptop camera and other things that are small and easy carried. Been told where to store the clothing bag in a hallway with the other ‘common roomers’.  If important then keep with you hence why the shuffle to ensure if something goes it is clothing and not the other things.

So far some seem friendly. I have already been tagged with it is the Viking by the director here.  In addition, by one of the staff Hercules when I helped move the benches out of the common area so cots could go in.  Because I picked up the metal one in the center by self and moved them.

The outlets are limited, also in demand. Many here have some sort of cell phone that needs charged.  I was quick enough to get near one so could pug the laptop in to type this eve. Moreover, seemed to upset someone else that had sighted and planned to be where I currently am.  Nevertheless, was doing other things when the chair to cot common area shuffle started.

There are two resident dogs here an older white muzzled black lab, which has been dubbed ‘Sarge’.  The other is a cinnamon Shepard dubbed ‘Major”.  Very friendly and tolerates many things I see throughout the day.

I figure that after the 1700 meal I will sign up for shower and get it out of the way. Will at that time change into the track paints I have brought to sleep within.

A 1930 bible class in the mess hall was also called for those whom wanted.  Not mandatory that is good.

Oh desert has been called must go see.  To put that into perspective.  It is now 2157 and a lemon crumb like square just was consumed.  Lunch was two hot dogs with a bean mix and French fries.  Eve meal was meatloaf, mixed veggies, mashed potatoes with gravy.  Hell this is more than I have been eating per day at where I just came from for several months.  I did have one last pkg of the Italian sausage I have grown to enjoy before I left this morning as well.

All the items that were walked away from were stacked in a neat and orderly way in the room I was within. I do not know what or how he is to react nor do with them. After two weeks I have had no place to be. This place was the last resort for me to be at.

It did bother me that within he questions the drinking was repetitively brought up and hashed about.  How long did I, how long have I not, And other questions of it.

AN Hour left till pill time and their sign in dead line. Then I will find of what happens then.  I will see if I can do this each eve, the next step is finding a hot spot or open wireless system to get things going in that area as well.

Views: 632

Replies to This Discussion

Well this week brings the anticipation of going to a show. Finn has told me that he will be going and that we leave Fri afternoon and back Monday morning. This will be good. Watching weather now for weekend. Mild days and cooler nights. Should be interesting.

Talked to my 'manager' to day and explained things happening. Noting the need for the weekend pass. And the amount of the service fee I now pay becasue of the diabled Veteran status. It is to be 36.90 in a money order. Well the weekend will help with that.

Next is to pay ahead of storage. And hold out for the winter it seems. Waiting for the MRS as well next month. Will see what happens

Ok more to get lined up in head then any thing else the next few days for me will consist of.

30 Friday get picked up in afternoon to go to Show

1 Sat & 2 Sun is the Show

3 Monday morning return

3 Monday 1400 Dentist

4 Tuesday 1300 SS

5 Wed  0930 Dentist

6 Thurs 1500 Bonnie then 1600 C&P

7 Fri ?????

8 Sat 0830 C&P

I hope I got all that correct.

Lets see, as well the old black dog at the Center passed this week. But a new puppy called 'Corporal' is arriving to ensure Major is not without a friend.

The weather is damp and cooler high 50 low 60, Must dig out long sleaved shirts.

As well the hooded sweatshirt. to be in 30;s sat at show so warmth is a must

Well have returned from the show. Rained Friday for setting up. Then good weather during days but the water did not drain off. So walking around in sponge like wet slime ground with grass. Nights went upon the 30's and sunday woke to a decent frost. Made some small things and show a few things of how to be made. noted over 400 messages to wade through as well, will see what and how long it takes to do so.

First appointment Dentist this afternoon. Wee as long as I do not fall asleep got in at 0200 this morning. TO my surprise all were still up and talking in the room for some reason. So put things away and fell down but at 6 the lights went on and the cries of spraying echoed through the halls. So no sleep till this eve for me.

Well, after 90 minutes at SS/SSI. I was told to wait till the end of the month and if have not heard or seen any thing to recontact. So that will be intresting.

Not a good day this day.

Yesterday, dentist was interesting. One pre filling in blue for the crown. And the other side filled back in as well. SO Wed now I have 2 appointments because trying to get this done. the 2nd is at 1400 so will see what is going to happen.

Well the first appointment is done. With the two front teeth been ground down to accept the temp crowns for them. In the prep for the permanent bridge that will return the front tooth appearance to me. So what will transpire at 1400 we will have to check back and find out.

Got the appointments on thursday seperated a bit so less of a time crunch as well. That helps.

Still not good nor well of spirit but trying not to think as well, or feel but failing and remaining less and hollow, dark within, publicly fractional. Yet only a grand mask to be so. One that is hard to maintain.

Well this afternoon Dentist was productive. Combined with this morning it allows them to start the 2 week construction for the frount bridge. When went back the two temp caps were removed and with a bit of casting and mold taking, I have a temp three tooth bridge. 

But as well the want to get this done is also in effect and upon Friday 1400 I go back for the lower side tooth with root drilled out & to have the same thing done and a temp crown on after molds and things to send out to create another permanent.

Also with this temp I have to eat soft things and be carefull not to 'pop' the temp off. So the waiting starts and perhaps by the new year o I will have them in place.

Still not to much for things this day but trying to become better well at least some how to be so

Well made the Bonnie appointment, she had me troop over and make a doctor's appointment useing her name being told to.

So see the new doctor 18th at 0830 two Tuesdays from now.

See Bonnie again at 11-08 at 0930 month from now.

But also got in letter for Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Counselor appointment on 11-22 0830 in the metal detector building. that is a Sat will call to comfirm this. Came with forms to fill out as well. Will be different.

Appointment today was for the ASPD which I was told they did nothing for. But after talking a while was decided to type up something and now I wait to see what the mind Doc decides to tell of me. Will see what it amounts to.

Well yesterday was much of shots and root removal. Stupid me thought one. But larger teeth have more. This tooth has three, so much for ease and happy. But it is mostly over for that part. Next appointment is the 17th at 1400 and 28th at 9 am but have a perspective as well upon the 21st at 1400 will know upon the 17th yes or no for that. So next is to place post for crown in the tooth and make it ready for crown. Then Mold and sent for it to be made. Most likely there will be a temp in there some where as well. Jaw hurts this morning with all they did to it yesterday. But I want to get it done so four dentist appointments in one week brought me closer to that. Also asking to hurry it up did as well. For the 17th will be done by a diffrent student to get things futher along or me regular one has clinical roation for the next two weeks.

Got Called for an interveiw through the VA work thingy  explaned all the appointments and they decided that right now those were to be more than the interview.

This morning was questions a bit of bending and proding. Then x-rays. But this time it was for the right knee in relation to adjusting for the CCS when I move and walk and do things. Well this time it was a younger doctor that saw me and spoke clear and precise English I was good to go with conversing. So will see what and how this progresses.

So will see what and how of things on each issue as time unfolds it seems. Sent the box to Isabell should be there this day. Will wait for the silence to telling if did so.

Yesterday the right knee was flexed and poked. X-rays as well were taken. After walking all week to appointments the knee was tender and not enjoying this.

This morning the body told me to go back and lie down to much over the week, Also room has bathroom duties this week. That is nothing but for me to remove the trash bag and replace it. Next week is kitchen, which means I get dishes for with the beard I am not allowed to the food places.

I see someone has finally takeing to interact and type to me this is good and enjoyed here.

Missed you yesterday was not on much and took eve to read a book. Hope fundraiser goes well. Friend from Flint is she on here? I also forgot the head set this day so kind of limited with contacting. But typing on skype is a good way to find if I am around as well. and with the built in camera one can watch and type as well. See other tracks in another place will go over there and see what was left as well. Communication is key and talking a must at times.

I limp out of the Centre after the first meal about 0830 or so till the later meal 1600 then back around 1800 till 2100. Give or take of time and doings .

Well this day was a fast and attempted appointment for the VA Job person, at 1300 turned in 1500. Which finds out that I might be able to get to get tools but need documentation to do so. So more paper work to have made and faxed over. But it also yielded me socks, long sleeved shirts, a zipped sweater like thing, as well as the canvas flight bags I like, a black strapped bag and green laundry bag. With some basic first aid novelty first aid kits and a weekly pill case which will be good for beads and small things. Walking back with the extra from the VA was an interesting event in it's self.

Got a screw replaced in me glasses as well. Which was simple to walk in and they did so at where they came form at the VA.

So now for the next two days is the 'Stand Down' event and will see what that entails.

Well went to the Stand Down this day. Was cloudy and head pounded so knew the weather may turn bad. But walked down with another Vet. Got there to find a long line to get in. with also a security pat down and pack inspection. Paranoid stupid 101 once again. But once in side still has to wait till a table was available for us. Then we were instructed that we would be signed in given a card that we had to have marked off as we went from table to table. Getting paperwork and things from each. A meal was given as well. Then the fun of give out started. Given a ALICE pack and green bag we were sent through the shuffle. From undersized foot ware. To clothing to small for my shoulders and hands. To toilet stuff. We were funneled through and out into the drizzle of the rain.

Putting the pack to frame and strapping the bag to the bottom we set out back, he was not able to carry so I took his as well. Got to a bus stop dug out my last two dollars. Left him with the packs and money to get the bus to get back. As I took off toward the Centre. Well he pointed me out and the buss driver picked me up as well. That was nice of the driver. So back we went. SO now I have two ALICE with frames. and two more green cloth laundry bags. A couple of long sleeve shirts that should fit and a couple of t-shirts.Socks and under ware that most likely is not going to work either. I be a 44 waist {28-30 inseam}. 42 most likely will not work.

Velcro shoes that are 11.5 and hurt and ache the feet. But it is all I have to wear right now. Steel TOE boots 11.5 wide Brahmas from walmart are what I did have. A whole bunch of tolieties which will be going into general supplies. And some small pouches of first aid items as well.

The back pack I use and repaired has continued to rip and now once again is no longer fixed. The Material frays faster than I relied.

But the good thing is if I can get back there on the morrow I should be able to gain a state id. I have the four needed items they ask for and it is free at the stand down. May it work and be well.

Day started foggy muggy and gray.  Back to the stand down. Accomplished the state ID card thing. will be sent to me in two weeks. So I will a ID that pictures a fuzzy bearded guy with long hair and dark glasses. This should be interesting to see.

Fot the FAX numbers needed. Sent a e-mail to the Appointment on next Saturday for phone calls do not work. Letter this morning told me my knee was abnormal after the x-rays and to consult my doctor for pain medication.

Have lots of bags and things for extra must sort some of them out and be ready to store them right now just floating around in stuff.

Going to give Finn a bit of things as well. Hope he will enjoy them. Well back the Centre for eve meal and perhaps a reseting of me head vs pills, then back out to talk to the Seminary once again.

well I did miss read one appointment not for the 10-22 but for the 11-22 oh well they will have to deal with my stupid and we will have to see what they can do as things can be done for me

RSS

Events

Birthdays

Important (read & understand)

How to Contact us:Preferred Contact point

Email and Instant Messenger:

TravelerinBDFSM @ aol/aim;  hotmail; identi.ca; live & yahoo

OR

Travelingraggyman @ gmail and icq ***

Find us on Google+

Please vote for Our Site. You can vote once a day. Thank you for your support. just click on the badge below
Photobucket

OUR MOST RECENT  AWARD

1AWARD UPDATES & INFORMATION
10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award
100 votes - Copper Award

Member of the Associated  Posting System {APS}

This allows members on various sites to share information between sites and by providing a by line with the original source it credits the author with the creation.

Legal Disclaimer

***************We here at Traveling within the World are not responsible for anything posted by individual members. While the actions of one member do not reflect the intentions of the entire social network or the Network Creator, we do ask that you use good judgment when posting. If something is considered to be inappropriate it will be removed

This site is strictly an artist operational fan publication, no copyright infringement intended

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries had its humble beginnings as an idea of a few artisans and craftsmen who enjoy performing with live steel fighting. As well as a patchwork quilt tent canvas. Most had prior military experience hence the name.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries.

Vendertainers that brought many things to a show and are know for helping out where ever they can.

As well as being a place where the older hand made items could be found made by them and enjoyed by all.

We expanded over the years to become well known at what we do. Now we represent over 100 artisans and craftsman that are well known in their venues and some just starting out. Some of their works have been premiered in TV, stage and movies on a regular basis.

Specializing in Medieval, Goth , Stage Film, BDFSM and Practitioner.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries a Dept of, Ask For IT was started by artists and former military veterans, and sword fighters, representing over 100 artisans, one who made his living traveling from fair to festival vending medieval wares. The majority of his customers are re-enactors, SCAdians and the like, looking to build their kit with period clothing, feast gear, adornments, etc.

Likewise, it is typical for these history-lovers to peruse the tent (aka mobile store front) and, upon finding something that pleases the eye, ask "Is this period?"

A deceitful query!! This is not a yes or no question. One must have a damn good understanding of European history (at least) from the fall of Rome to the mid-1600's to properly answer. Taking into account, also, the culture in which the querent is dressed is vitally important. You see, though it may be well within medieval period, it would be strange to see a Viking wearing a Caftan...or is it?

After a festival's time of answering weighty questions such as these, I'd sleep like a log! Only a mad man could possibly remember the place and time for each piece of kitchen ware, weaponry, cloth, and chain within a span of 1,000 years!! Surely there must be an easier way, a place where he could post all this knowledge...

Traveling Within The World is meant to be such a place. A place for all of these artists to keep in touch and directly interact with their fellow geeks and re-enactment hobbyists, their clientele.

© 2024   Created by Rev. Allen M. Drago ~ Traveler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service