Drago's Adventures at the Vet Home

Day one arrived about 1030 in morning and started in here. After answering several pages of questions.  I found that the pee testing was also a requirement. Thus the body and their time did not agree. So I was put in a waiting area. That turned out to be the common seating area and where now the chairs have been removed and the sleeping cots set.

Meals I have found are 730, 1200, 17oo you stand in line and sign a roster.  Pick and choose food then sit eat throw away plate and return to what you were doing. For me it was sitting in the common area most of the day.

Showers are mandatory for cot allowance it seems.  Simple folding metal cots with a grey plastic covered 3-inch mattress.  In addition, a sheet and blanket are given out as the settings for them are done.  My pillow is my highway coat and liner stuffed in my hooded pullover.

Perhaps on the morrow I will be told more of how things are to progress. If one leaves they must sign out. Then back in when returns. Must be back by 2300, will find out if that is when things close down then.

I also have been told that when the medical clears you and a bed is available up stairs you are moved from common room to a 6 or 8 person room.

Showers to use right now are on the 2nd floor. Know nothing of the third at this time. You are given a simple shower kit. Moreover, right now no big towels are viable so got two what I would call dishtowels and two hand cloths to assist and dry with.  Currently they hang off the edge of the cot to dry overnight.

This eve in the common, area is a big TV it is ran with a vote with what is watched.  So far this eve true grit and a dvd movie that stuck in mid play so now we have the basketball game weeeeeeeeeeee.

Everything here is sign in sign that and if one messes up he sheet we have to refill out and resign allover that just happened with the cot list. Is first in line get the metal cot and mattress.  When those dozen are gone then mattress on floor is what is left.

I have reshuffled the bag contents. Now all the clothing and black bag of stuff is in the new brown bag that found this winter on a trip to the market in Dec it still had the red holiday bow on it when I found it.  New still folded up and ready to be given.  The back pack has the rest of things. Like meds laptop camera and other things that are small and easy carried. Been told where to store the clothing bag in a hallway with the other ‘common roomers’.  If important then keep with you hence why the shuffle to ensure if something goes it is clothing and not the other things.

So far some seem friendly. I have already been tagged with it is the Viking by the director here.  In addition, by one of the staff Hercules when I helped move the benches out of the common area so cots could go in.  Because I picked up the metal one in the center by self and moved them.

The outlets are limited, also in demand. Many here have some sort of cell phone that needs charged.  I was quick enough to get near one so could pug the laptop in to type this eve. Moreover, seemed to upset someone else that had sighted and planned to be where I currently am.  Nevertheless, was doing other things when the chair to cot common area shuffle started.

There are two resident dogs here an older white muzzled black lab, which has been dubbed ‘Sarge’.  The other is a cinnamon Shepard dubbed ‘Major”.  Very friendly and tolerates many things I see throughout the day.

I figure that after the 1700 meal I will sign up for shower and get it out of the way. Will at that time change into the track paints I have brought to sleep within.

A 1930 bible class in the mess hall was also called for those whom wanted.  Not mandatory that is good.

Oh desert has been called must go see.  To put that into perspective.  It is now 2157 and a lemon crumb like square just was consumed.  Lunch was two hot dogs with a bean mix and French fries.  Eve meal was meatloaf, mixed veggies, mashed potatoes with gravy.  Hell this is more than I have been eating per day at where I just came from for several months.  I did have one last pkg of the Italian sausage I have grown to enjoy before I left this morning as well.

All the items that were walked away from were stacked in a neat and orderly way in the room I was within. I do not know what or how he is to react nor do with them. After two weeks I have had no place to be. This place was the last resort for me to be at.

It did bother me that within he questions the drinking was repetitively brought up and hashed about.  How long did I, how long have I not, And other questions of it.

AN Hour left till pill time and their sign in dead line. Then I will find of what happens then.  I will see if I can do this each eve, the next step is finding a hot spot or open wireless system to get things going in that area as well.

Views: 632

Replies to This Discussion

Well day went and dishes done. But still bent of MRS. Jim is rewording or bettering the letter I typed will see the results when he is done. Called Social Security as well left message no return today. Other than that head pounds with the weather passing through rain was thought but then just clouds. But will be this way for a couple of days at least. Pain pills not work in the day when take them. So working through it as I have done many years.  The Cook gave me a thing of ice cream this eve that was nice of him a bit more then I could eat in a sitting but then again wrapped in shirts to hold in cold it might be soft enough to eat when I get back.

Well first of the dentist appointments is done. Root canals are filled and tooth resealed. Three appointments three hours each for that to get this far. Next is the shaping for the crown. Then a mold is taken and sent out. Then 7-10 work days later it will be done. The front bridge is in {I saw it} and will in place upon Friday so the front will be finished. Just the crown next. This is getting down to the last of it to be done.

No answer from MRS or SSI either. Will call both again on the morrow. More letters sent back and forth. Waiting for the Director to address them as well. So will see what he end of the week brings.

Evening dishes await me. Will do laundry early on the morrow as well. Three meals then to do. Then Fri dentist & eve dishes once again. This is the last of the month so every one has run out of money and awaits the week end pay cycle for the month to happen. So the weekend may be less and easy. Will see as happens.

Still no contact from Isabell or Powder Monkey. Mom yes, Vicki yes, Cori not either. But then again I was sent out upon the world to do and have no support in doing so. Other than the perhaps calling and updating of what is going on. Isabell got to go to her family and have our son with her. Hence I remain out of sight out of her mind not thought of nor bothered with. Mom calls and lets me know what is happening with Dad and the doctor. Vicki tries to keep me up to date. Cori well she has school and work and many other things but she still has time for facebook but not her dad it seems. The hollow within darkens and spreads, deepens and grows solid upon it's hold as well. Really do not know how to shake it at times. Also now during the time of remembrance the knowing of who were, what had, and is lost among the past hangs deeply upon the mind and spirit. With no way to release nor be of the season where one is prevents much from being and done. But will continue as has but will lose more within as well doing so.

Well the day started out with a big ruckus. Went to do laundry. When switching to dryer it did not work, one token lost. So wne to next dryer not work damn two token down. Reported it to the Staff. Then the fun began. For it was found that they were unplugged and cell phone chargeign was in ther place. So the phone was taken the machines repluged. Hence they worked then. But the one whom was wrong pulled a stupid and casued almost a staff altercation. Don't think they will bne staying after that.

Next was just as lunch was being serves and the first dishes had been done, I passed a stuffed pepper. Mr Williamson arrived to collect me. Seems MRS has arived and Johnson wanted to take to me. So for 45 minutes of so I got the higher than you talk down of I do not listen I do not do I do not understand I do not know I do not relise and I need to not complain with emotion when typing a letter. He has to prove that any job offer that the company exists. That if I ask for tools for doing that he has people that will tell him if they are correct and needed for the job. That they will not help with the busissness plan. Becasue enplyment superceeds tht. Also they will proved bus fare/tickets to get there but only if they decide it is according to what they decide. Also that if I am refered to as Rev. Alen Michael Drago that is a confict of church and state. which can not allow mw any help. For the State can not do any thing ot benifit a church.

I really not stright of these poinrs and a bit bent out of shape so will rest the entry at this time and go do something mindless and perhaps slow down upon this issue and thought.

Well friday dentist went well thrre hours int he chair, a new frount tooth bridge is now in me mouth. I can bit once again fresh picked pear was the first real victum of it. A mold was taken for the crown as well. Seems I am to get a gold crown now vice the other one. No post needed. appointment upon the 11th of 11 month of 11 year weeeee. And then I an avaiable to take a job for this will not interfear with it any longer.

Went away for the weekend. TO see wher the stuff was taken. Went through it. Knew was chance of wet becasue d moved in rain. But was not ready for the ruined books. Also the amount of wetness in the clothing. So emptied the costime/clothing out and hung it out. Wased the nest materials and all the wet clothing as well. Emptied some boxed that wer found to contain water withint hem as well. Wil get to the rest soon I hope.

Also was able to participate inat seasonal; cermoney this year. I had help in fitting in wiuth a a white and patched grey striped tom poly thumbed cat. he sat with me during it and made me better of things. Also he was counted a one participating as well becasue of his bearing and help of things.

I did enjoy it. Not sure of somne there and will learn of others as the chance comes as well.

Today starts a week with no appointments not thoughts of things. A couple of phone mesages anad waiting. With the weather seen to be coming and the head and body not being well will most likely spend many in a corner in dark hoping for quiet at times.

Well last night the temp crown cracked. This morning pieces came out. So off to the Dentist I did roam. A new girl dentist started the repair and then Chris the normal one finished it out. Made it a bit thicker this time to hold and not hopefully crack again. Being that a gold metal crown was to be placed. The amount of tooth itself is less taken away in prep so any plastic temp will be thinner then normal crown would be. For like what they made the bridge from. SO more careful I must be. The count down to the crown is to next friday. May all go well for it.

Remembrance is over the looking froward is now. May all be as needs to be and the return to life as one wants becomes as should be looked forward to.

Also there is an evet on the morrow that has to be decided if want to go to it or if they will make it required.

Glad to hear that you have a full set of teeth now. I'm looking forward to mine some day, perhaps next year. What books were ruined? Also happy to know that you went to a ceremony that helped.  As for the bureaucratic idiots, they can only feel superior when "yelling" at someone who does not yet have power of his/her own. They are difficult to tolerate. You are not a church within yourself. You are a "traveling" preacher at best. They tend to use what little they have heard to help their own bigotry. No real surprise there. Hope you get to go to your un-named event this weekend.

No quite full set with the back one gone on one side. Books of referance and how to make things. But will see what and how they are after dry a bit. But already look like one or two will be beyond slavage.  The event is today a lodge celbrate Vet day but will not go for the time of return is past the time I have when need to contact someone so will remain this day vice going.

Bad Migraine has but me under for almost 24 hours. Still not to speed or fully where I should be.

Well this day head is better. Most of weekend was dealing with the ending of migraine. Did see Finn on Saturday and that was good things. Yesterday was mostly book and resting head still. But this morning up going contacting places calling people and trying to arrange some things that may or may not help me get things or arrange items to be had. Waiting for so many to recontact me. Also being told that in order to help one has to have things, but the thing is until I get the help those things can not be had. Circle, circle, circle.  Have forms being sent to me as well to fill out and papers that must be photo copied to be sent back with them. So what the week will bring have not clues till Friday is dentist in the morning and if all goes well that will be the end of that. Also laundry sometime this week to be done as well.

Well this day took a walk to find South West soultions. So upon the road I went. Go there and filled out a basic application gave them copies of papers and things asked of. Then Was told could take a couple of weeks for them to get back to me of things. But if I was still around next week tues 1300 would like me to check in with them again.

Then returned to the center just before lunch and got taken over to talk to the lawyers of the disabled status. Again lots of talking lots of paperwork shuffle. and a couple of weeks or so to get back to me of things.

Then got trough way after lunch. and walked out to try to contact the internet. And was sniped by a calling from Compension and Pession of the disabled status completly diffrent from the other conversation. Which told me of resubmitting and reevauleing the things done. And on the morrow he will be at the center to bring me a paper of what we talked of and his contact data. Again a couple of weeks to get things going.

Then there is an event at the center as well on the morrow, Friday, saturday and monday so far have been told. Also I have been told that the security guard has reported that I am not sleeping in my bunk at night. Actually it is another room mate. But seems my bed number it he one that is written instead for some reason they can not count.

Asked to help move bolders on thursday as well. So may be that as well.

Tired, hip and leg has been very hurtful this day as well. But slowly getting messages done and things read.

Well this day started with the asking of Mr Williamson of MRS and a call to there find of wha they are doing. Sloly moving and waiting of things. then flipped it back upon me to tellthem what I was doing and things vice them doing now hurry up and delay.

Then the Com & Pen person did not bring the papers this morning but will now mail me copy of so I have it.

The Sara my 'manager" cought me for the one on one to day almost a month from the last one. Told to pay month service fee. And when I talked of things and what I was doing, it turned into a walking away by me so I did not lose words in venting to her. When I returned MR ARMSTRONG basically demanded the fee which I did not have one me. When told that he stated that if I did not pay by close or end of business today he was going to discharge me. He is a >>>> many times when dealing with me. Seriously think he should not be able to deal with people.

Also I missed the Bonnie appointment yesterday. Which when I returned from the event meal outing I scurried to the VA hospital to her office and sat and waited till she could see me. Told her of things. And directly afterwards on the way back up to the center stopped and got from bank atm the money then stopped at the money order place and out one of the one third amount of what they give me. Then went and directly gave it to Miss Winston.

Also all day guts have been giving me a time and do not know why. So flip flop goes the system and around and around to the bathroom I go. So far each place I have gotten to I have graced the facilities. Sipping sprite now and waiting to see what goes for now.  I know, I know, it was the salad they had us eat.

On the morrow I got a chance to do side work of moving boulders, wondering what they consider one is. I know what I think. I fit is so than I can reach around or move it with a pry bar, it is a good sized rock.  If it is bigger than me and I require someone to help me move it with a tractor it is a boulder.

This morning the adventure started. Early the buss ride started but after three buses and a short ride in a truck we arrived three hours from our start. To find a dumped load of rocks, about 2.5 tons worth, that were to be moved to behind the house. The fun part was it was down hill 30 or so yards, just before the river weeds. Well with dolly in hand we did so. I loaded the dolly and he trucked it down the hill. I also 'gravity' fed some down as well. By 1530 this after noon we were done. But the weather was cool windy and spitting almost snow upon us several times. Bus trip back and by 1930 returned. Was quite an adventure. Leg throbs, knee pops, hands stiff, between shoulders stiff as well. But a bit of money later all is done with the rocks. They will be moved by machine next to make a water break wall. So the 'boulders' turned into rocks that I could move and even lift 90% of them up on the dolly, the rest twist and maul on it as well.

So off the dentist in the morning to find out if the releasing of me from there program will be done or continued.

RSS

Events

Birthdays

Important (read & understand)

How to Contact us:Preferred Contact point

Email and Instant Messenger:

TravelerinBDFSM @ aol/aim;  hotmail; identi.ca; live & yahoo

OR

Travelingraggyman @ gmail and icq ***

Find us on Google+

Please vote for Our Site. You can vote once a day. Thank you for your support. just click on the badge below
Photobucket

OUR MOST RECENT  AWARD

1AWARD UPDATES & INFORMATION
10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award
100 votes - Copper Award

Member of the Associated  Posting System {APS}

This allows members on various sites to share information between sites and by providing a by line with the original source it credits the author with the creation.

Legal Disclaimer

***************We here at Traveling within the World are not responsible for anything posted by individual members. While the actions of one member do not reflect the intentions of the entire social network or the Network Creator, we do ask that you use good judgment when posting. If something is considered to be inappropriate it will be removed

This site is strictly an artist operational fan publication, no copyright infringement intended

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries had its humble beginnings as an idea of a few artisans and craftsmen who enjoy performing with live steel fighting. As well as a patchwork quilt tent canvas. Most had prior military experience hence the name.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries.

Vendertainers that brought many things to a show and are know for helping out where ever they can.

As well as being a place where the older hand made items could be found made by them and enjoyed by all.

We expanded over the years to become well known at what we do. Now we represent over 100 artisans and craftsman that are well known in their venues and some just starting out. Some of their works have been premiered in TV, stage and movies on a regular basis.

Specializing in Medieval, Goth , Stage Film, BDFSM and Practitioner.

Patchwork Merchant Mercenaries a Dept of, Ask For IT was started by artists and former military veterans, and sword fighters, representing over 100 artisans, one who made his living traveling from fair to festival vending medieval wares. The majority of his customers are re-enactors, SCAdians and the like, looking to build their kit with period clothing, feast gear, adornments, etc.

Likewise, it is typical for these history-lovers to peruse the tent (aka mobile store front) and, upon finding something that pleases the eye, ask "Is this period?"

A deceitful query!! This is not a yes or no question. One must have a damn good understanding of European history (at least) from the fall of Rome to the mid-1600's to properly answer. Taking into account, also, the culture in which the querent is dressed is vitally important. You see, though it may be well within medieval period, it would be strange to see a Viking wearing a Caftan...or is it?

After a festival's time of answering weighty questions such as these, I'd sleep like a log! Only a mad man could possibly remember the place and time for each piece of kitchen ware, weaponry, cloth, and chain within a span of 1,000 years!! Surely there must be an easier way, a place where he could post all this knowledge...

Traveling Within The World is meant to be such a place. A place for all of these artists to keep in touch and directly interact with their fellow geeks and re-enactment hobbyists, their clientele.

© 2024   Created by Rev. Allen M. Drago ~ Traveler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service